Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#19220361 02/17/24
K
Krazi Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Got it. Gonna try to fix it. Got me on some meds for three weeks then try aversion. We will see. Didn't stay in rhythm for my son or brother. After that consider Ablation so they say. Anybody have any success dealing with it with medication only?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My hunting buddy was one the meds for a while with some small improvement. He ended up having surgery about five years ago. As I recall the surgery was not a major deal and he’s been fine since.
Best of luck in your situation.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be aware, probably going to end up on anti-coagulation therapy. That means bleeding. Be extra careful with your blades.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cardio jump starts and meds did nothing for me but the ablation was great. At 69 I had the ablation and it takes 60 days for scar tissue to form and block stray signals. In August I shot a nice dall sheep ram.

R
rjf Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Buddy of mine, same issue. On meds now and seems to be working and wants to avoid surgery if he can but knows it may be coming. Hes been on meds for about 4 yrs now. His brother, same issue but had the ablation done and that also worked.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My girlfriend has been on the meds for 2 years now. Might wind up getting ablation.

sll Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve had 5 cardio versions and 2 ablations for it. Am good for now. If they try and treat you with Amioderone , I wouldn’t do it…… terrible side effects. I thought I was going to go blind and went to Sotalol.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got it. My uncle had it about fifteen years ago, had the freezing technique. He's ninety now.
I had an ultrasound test say I needed a stent. Had to get the vaccine to be allowed in the hospital. No stent needed. A year later I have AFib. Got jolted three times to get it fixed. I'm on Xarelto and flecanide. It comes and goes. If I get mad I think it comes back. I walk, ride a bike and lift weights.
Going to change cardiologist. I asked mine about lowering the dose of rosuvastatin and he got pissy. 99 total cholesterol isn't high.
Good luck. Don't know if the vaccine is a factor, but AFib is way up since the China virus was unleashed.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drop_point
Be aware, probably going to end up on anti-coagulation therapy. That means bleeding. Be extra careful with your blades.

I'm on Warfarin and have to maintain a 2.5 level

Eliquis is a cake walk compared to Warfarin like I'm forced to take.

I'm not worried about my blades

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had it was on Eliquis for a year, got the Jolt so far been good! 2 years now. Never got the jab! I Was feeling tired and run down, told my doc, did a EKG and said I'd had a major heard attack .heart was becoming deformed, back to normal now. Wish you good Luck!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Got it too, on meds, for now.......and no jab for me.

Last edited by WayneShaw; 02/17/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
no afib, but I do have a wandering bundle blockage issue. Mostly on the right side, but from time to time, it's the left that has an issue.

Sam......

K
Krazi Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Ya I think it been out of rhythm for a long time. Caught it when getting checked for a colonoscopy. Keep thinking I would feel better if my heart was working better.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have it as well, never heard of ablation and my cardiologist said he wants to implant an ICD into my chest.

I am wondering why he never brought up the ablation procedure, I will schedule an appointment and ask.

At first, it came and went, now in my case it's permanent. I tried Amioderone and that chit made me really sick!

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A-fib is the most common dysthymia there is. Millions of people have it and don’t even know it, if it’s rate controlled. If one’s not real old and /or sedentary and there’s not an underlying problem (like with a heart valve for example)…and it’s rate controlled…a lotta folks who are asymptomatic just take a baby aspirin every day and get on with livin’.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, I had it occur a couple times in 2019. A-fib can be caused by a plethora of things — stress, disease, alcohol (big cause), exhaustion, etc. Mine was due to my thyroid retiring due to Hashimoto’s disease and my doc starting me on too high a dose of Synthroid. I have had patients go into a-fib spontaneously during anesthesia, again, due to the stress of the disease presumably.

Some patients can not tell when they are in a-fib while I felt like I had a beheaded chicken flopping around in my chest. Very disconcerting.

Once my Synthroid was straightened out, flecanide was prescribed by my cardio and it hasn’t recurred since. No perceived side effects. Cardio version (shock) can work also for some but the question of what was the underlying cause remains untreated. Ablation can also be gone to if meds or cardio version don’t work but it isn’t a risk-free procedure and some have it done more than once to correct the problem.

However, cardiologists’ mantra at present is once you have had it you are tagged with a lifetime of the anti-a-fib drug plus an anticoagulant plus a drug like diltiazem or antihypertensive. Eliquis, the first-line coagulant is costly if you don't have the right insurance.

Even if a-fib doesn’t bother you, it should never be ignored. The risk of embolus formation and stroke is too high to take lightly.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 02/17/24.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The clot shot caused a fib. I know 5 people now developed afib after the Pfizer jab.

Good times

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sll
I’ve had 5 cardio versions and 2 ablations for it. Am good for now. If they try and treat you with Amioderone , I wouldn’t do it…… terrible side effects. I thought I was going to go blind and went to Sotalol.

For afib or SVT? I have had problems with SVT (heart rate over 160). I had my heart stuck at 190 several times. It sucks for sure. I end up with paramedic in my house giving me adenosine.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
no afib, but I do have a wandering bundle blockage issue. Mostly on the right side, but from time to time, it's the left that has an issue.
I have a confirmed right bundle branch block. My EKG has come up a couple times with previous MI, age undetermined. It was a little weird and concerning so I asked my doc about it. He said it could be the lead placement. It didn't come up on my last couple EKGs.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I’m wondering if the mRNA Covid shots may explain the increase in A-Fib cases. I’m sure you won’t see that mentioned in the MSM if it is the case. Circumstantial?
Who knows. We may never know.

Am Heart Assn has a study showing increased A-Fib incidence with hospitalized Covid patients. Crickets on the shots.

My wife has developed A-Fib. She didn’t cardiovert, is on the Beta blocker, bisoprolol, which makes her tired. They tried Multaq (dronodarone) which is reportedly an improved version of amiodarone. It caused nausea and had to be d/c’ed.

So, she’s a candidate for ablation. Those electrophysiologists are so busy, getting an appt isn’t easy.

BTW, she had two Moderna shots back in the day, no boosters since.

Her ejection fraction on echocardiogram is 50 which is pretty good. But she has to sleep in a recliner, gets short of breath lying flat. And she has spasms of coughing. Of course she’s on Eliquis.

DF

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (bbassi, 10gaugemag, BALLISTIK, beefan, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,282 guests, and 972 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,230
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.