Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Chadd ( yes, 2x D) Wright.

Get from it what you will.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nothing will pull the TV/Superbowl type people away from the chipsNdips- honey hand me another pepsi- barca lounger lifestyle. Almost everybody I know lives that lifestyle.
I remember many many superbowl days going to the motocross track and nearly having the track to myself.
I've had employees who had no life outside of sports viewing- absolutely addicted to it. One guy Rhett worshipped michael jordan- he was obsessed with it so bad I'd tell him to be quiet I don't want to hear that BS . But he couldn't help himself to the point I got rid of him.

Taxes - are the reason I quit the house building business- you're working for the gov't and all the scum who have never had a job.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was a service manager for an ag dealership for awhile and one of my senior techs was a total Eagles fan. He wore their jerseys when he was not in uniform and once a year he would take his vacation during football season and travel back east to go to an eagles game. He also was one of those that sat in front of the TV every game day and watched the game then the next day at work would armchair quarterback the game.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
C
Yep!...no hope of rehabilitation. Needs to be torn down to its foundation and rebuilt. I couldn't agree more.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've had grown men who didn't know I wasn't a sports fan show me pictures of them with their face painted some 'team colors' . Plus a big outfit they wore during the game.
One told me how if the Atl. Falcons were behind at the end of a Quarter he'd change jersey's to change their luck. He said he really believed it worked. When/If the falcons scored and were now ahead he'd peel the jersey off and do a celebration type shin-dig- running hooping hollering LOL.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Dude gonna get de-platformed. Calling it now.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Futura
Dude gonna get de-platformed. Calling it now.
Yep- YT doesn't allow his type to have a voice.
You can bet he's demonetized every video.

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our company president lived in Pittsburgh, and had season tickets for many of the pro and Pitt sports.

One day he started trying to talk sports with me.
Who was "My"🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣team? (Ain't got enough $$to own a team)

Then "what sports do you like"?

"Lenny, I hate sports. When I turn on the radio to hear music, I get a stupid wrestling match, or football game. If I want the news, they make me listen to 15 minutes of basketball crap to give me 2 minutes of weather and worthwhile news.

Have you ever wondered what we could accomplish with the money and effort dedicated to sports? Deadly diseases get a half million dollars in research, if they are lucky. Doctors and nurses pay tuition fees for decades. Penn State probably gets $5 to 10 million dollars for every home game. Poor kids can't afford an education."

He mumbled "Never thought about it" and walked away.

Used to NGAS about sports.
My former jobs were solitary or among real folks who had lives and didn't care about sports. The last 20 years have changed that. I had never knew how bad it was until this job. It never ends. They are still talking football, now wrestling. Basketball doesn't get too much talk at work, but everywhere else it'll be non stop for months.
Hockey, into baseball, football nonstop.

Some days I eat at my machine just to enjoy a sports BS free break.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The enjoyment of witnessing a great sports contest is one thing. Insatiable craving for entertainment, and living vicariously through people you don't even know, is another.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He is 100% correct, which I why I no longer watch any professional or college sports, except collegiate wrestling....and no one who claims to be a conservative or a Trump supporter should be watching them either. Wean yourself off of them. Its not difficult.

Last edited by Tarquin; 02/17/24.

Tarquin
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Never been a big sports fan tho I played some in my youth. I liked something you did solitary like hunting or fishing where the result was tangible ( food for the table) and long lasting memories of God’s handiworks. To paraphrase the Bible , even the heathens know there is a Creator thru his creations. They have no excuse. I think and often ponder. how diverse and marvelous this creation we live in and what awaits us in the next world.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Been asked many times about being a sports fan of various disciplines.

I have a standard answer. "It is not a sport unless something bleeds and then gets eaten".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This guy gets in there, and drops names.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1758260723451605483

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Chadd has had a few vids taken down, but tenacious as he is, he's studied the wording that's a no no & talked around it.

He can be long winded, but has been there & done that.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
erikj ,

Thanks I saved that to follow this guys info. .

Posted by Bristoe

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 300s, 22 invisible), 2,097 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,036
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.