Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Keep in mind, during a divorce, most judged issued orders containing boiler plate non-harassments/non-stalking language against both parties making them prohibited persons.

He wasn't locked up, so it's unlikely it was some kind of felony. I'm guessing it was some petty thing like a common divorce.

The simple act of being in a divorce does not make you a prohibited person. There has to be a protective order in place for that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by smokepole
Keep in mind, during a divorce, most judged issued orders containing boiler plate non-harassments/non-stalking language against both parties making them prohibited persons.

He wasn't locked up, so it's unlikely it was some kind of felony. I'm guessing it was some petty thing like a common divorce.

The simple act of being in a divorce does not make you a prohibited person. There has to be a protective order in place for that.

Only if you have a good lawyer that insures any orders don't include the boiler plate language I've mentioned.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella
https://www.businessinsider.com/cal...-ammo-guns-illegal-owned-arrested-2024-2

A man was arrested after agents found 248 guns and 1 million rounds of ammo in his California home.

The state attorney general said he also had 3,000 gun magazines and several grenades in his home.

The weapons included 11 machine guns, 133 handguns, and 60 assault rifles, authorities said.

A man in Richmond, California, was arrested last month after authorities found an illegal cache of 248 guns and 1 million rounds of ammo in his home, the state attorney general said on Thursday.
Attorney General Rob Bonta said in a statement that the man, who was not named, was legally prohibited from owning guns in California.
Law-enforcement officials who searched the man's home on January 31 found 11 military-style machine guns, 133 handguns, 37 rifles, 60 assault rifles, seven shotguns, and 3,000 large-capacity magazines, Bonta said.

Authorities also found 1 million rounds of "miscellaneous caliber ammunition" and dozens of rifle receivers and pistol frames, the attorney general said.

Several grenades were also discovered, but they were determined to be inert by local bomb squads, per the statement.

The man's home also contained 20 silencers and four flare guns, it said.

"In our efforts to retrieve guns from a prohibited individual, we found hundreds of allegedly illegal weapons and approximately one million rounds of ammunition," Bonta said.

11 military-style machine guns

60 assault rifles

37 rifles

7 shotguns

133 handguns

Several suspected grenades

20 silencers

4 flare guns

3,000 large-capacity magazines

Approximately 1 million rounds of various caliber ammunition

Dozens of rifle receivers and pistol frames

Not a bad start

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by Salmonella
https://www.businessinsider.com/cal...-ammo-guns-illegal-owned-arrested-2024-2

A man was arrested after agents found 248 guns and 1 million rounds of ammo in his California home.

The state attorney general said he also had 3,000 gun magazines and several grenades in his home.

The weapons included 11 machine guns, 133 handguns, and 60 assault rifles, authorities said.

A man in Richmond, California, was arrested last month after authorities found an illegal cache of 248 guns and 1 million rounds of ammo in his home, the state attorney general said on Thursday.
Attorney General Rob Bonta said in a statement that the man, who was not named, was legally prohibited from owning guns in California.
Law-enforcement officials who searched the man's home on January 31 found 11 military-style machine guns, 133 handguns, 37 rifles, 60 assault rifles, seven shotguns, and 3,000 large-capacity magazines, Bonta said.

Authorities also found 1 million rounds of "miscellaneous caliber ammunition" and dozens of rifle receivers and pistol frames, the attorney general said.

Several grenades were also discovered, but they were determined to be inert by local bomb squads, per the statement.

The man's home also contained 20 silencers and four flare guns, it said.

"In our efforts to retrieve guns from a prohibited individual, we found hundreds of allegedly illegal weapons and approximately one million rounds of ammunition," Bonta said.

11 military-style machine guns

60 assault rifles

37 rifles

7 shotguns

133 handguns

Several suspected grenades

20 silencers

4 flare guns

3,000 large-capacity magazines

Approximately 1 million rounds of various caliber ammunition

Dozens of rifle receivers and pistol frames

Not a bad start

Arrested for what? 11 NFA violations? Doesn't pass the sniff test

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N

Pissed off wife in a divorce could claim he beat her, get a restraining order and bingo….you’re IT !

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by navlav8r

Pissed off wife in a divorce could claim he beat her, get a restraining order and bingo….you’re IT !

Even if she doesn't make a claim, in some jurisdictions it's common for judges to include protective orders as a matter of course in divorce proceedings. A guy win Westminster Colorado got caught up exactly this scenario.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
#LIFEGOALS

NRA Benefactor Member
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Soon to be ex wife "Red Flagged" him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Technically you are completely correct.
We didn't enslave, we just acquired them.

Another topic, one we would agree on.
(One of many that needs to be remembered, taught, and left in the past.)

It was just necessary to include that as for full honesty.

If not, some asshat is bound to try to use it as an argument against the theory that
America was built on every man being equal.

PS. Pretty or ugly, history needs to be judged by its time.
We can only be held accountable for current laws or customs.
(OH crap....where that can go!)

Antelope,
Good luck finding a lawyer good enough to head off that PFA.

It's damn hard to get a judge to make a decision these days.
He has no way to be sure a guy is not going to be dangerous, only that he could.
And a woman and her lawyer saying he is.

If he let's you keep your guns, and it turns out good?
He gains nothing, and some will not be happy with him.

If it goes bad.
It's his fault.
And those judges are elected. (At least ours are)

There is no risk for taking your guns.
So it's pretty certain.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 02/17/24.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 22250rem
With all the new anti-militia crap they are pushing, I'm sure that anyone who owns more than 3 or 4 firearms will be guilty of having an illegal arsenal, be declared a domestic terrorist, a menace to society, and let's not forget the popular "THREAT TO OUR DEMOCRACY!" label. And God help anyone who also in possession of a reloading press.
LOL... From news sources around this locality (ala Murderapolis/Shot-Paul) just an hour west of me, TWO firearms and a hundred rounds are noted as being an 'arsenal'. The flamers get all worked up over a juicy tidbit like THAT....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Were any of the 'machine guns' actually full auto? I haven't seen that question answered or maybe I missed it.

Not illegal to own a MG!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
What they don't say, is usually telling.

Liberal rags tell you everything you need to know by what they DON'T say.

Notice again, no actual details of his "crimes".

No details but this is from the article in the first post;

"Attorney General Rob Bonta said in a statement that the man, who was not named, was legally prohibited from owning guns in California."

Convicted felon? Something else?

aren't there guns that are illegal for anyone to own in KA? Like an AR or something? That would cover him just fine and put him in a bind with all the others also... beware liberal MSM

Exactly what I said, rost. What fugking crime did he commit???? Liberal MSM sensationalist liars. What'd he do specifically???? Possession of nasal spray???

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, if "California Man" had a million rounds and 250 guns, what's Florida Man gonna do to top that?

That's setting the bar pretty high.

250? I got a friend who doesn't live in Florida anymore. Has over two thousand guns.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Please define the word “infringed”.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
NICE! too bad they saw fit to shut him down...he had some good looking stuff in that pile...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Forgive me for straying from the topic at hand, but if there had not been a market for slaves there would not have been black tribes out capturing other blacks to sell. Granted that most went to South America and the islands but there had to be a market to fuel the raiding and kidnapping.

If I pay you to commit arson or murder I am just as or more guilty than you.

Now to the case at hand. This whole deal stinks. If the man were some violent criminal the liberal news media would be shouting from the rooftops.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Hastings
Forgive me for straying from the topic at hand, but if there had not been a market for slaves there would not have been black tribes out capturing other blacks to sell.
This is historically incorrect. Tribes were ALREADY enslaving other tribes and by many accounts STILL ARE having never quit the practice. After that what constitutes "an enslaver" is a question of semantics.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by longarm
Originally Posted by Hastings
Forgive me for straying from the topic at hand, but if there had not been a market for slaves there would not have been black tribes out capturing other blacks to sell.
This is historically incorrect. Tribes were ALREADY enslaving other tribes and by many accounts STILL ARE having never quit the practice. After that what constitutes "an enslaver" is a question of semantics.
I am sure the African tribes were enslaving other Africans, as were North and South American Indians capturing and enslaving other Indians. But conservative estimates say that over 10 million black Africans survived being transported to the Americas. This would have created a big incentive for raiding and capturing slave stock to sell.

African blacks were being paid to kidnap and sell captives.

Not to absolve the U.S. from complicity in the wrong but we got a small fraction of the African slaves.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Randy Weaver had the guns a man living where and how he did would want. The federal jack booted thugs laid them on a table so the media could plainly view his arsenal. Their word. Just in case the journalists needed help with the vocabulary.
Brought it up since some are too young to remember.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
IN southern Oregon, that wouldn't really stick out or be news worthy....

Was aware of a guy over in Jackson County, that had over 400 rifles in his home and on his property...
knew several people who knew the guy personally and all verified the same story...

Yet ya think about it.. you can only shoot one at a time still...

on the other end, I am sure I know a few guys around here, if they had a million rounds of ammo at the beginning of one month, how few would they have left at the beginning of the next month....

Got a neighbor here that claims to have 400 plus ARs, he's a California transplant, but a nice guy.

Claimed he had 5 Harleys in his garage also. I doubted that, for the last 5 years... but he was out of town a week ago, and he had left his trash cans out on the road for pick up. Instead of just them being left out on the road, I went over and pulled them back behind his house where he keeps them, by his garage, that faces his back yard. Window right in front of where I put them, by the garage door, there sat FIVE spotless Harleys... so maybe he wasn't BSing me on the 400 ARs either...He has 5 or 6 big gun safes in the garage also....right behind the Harleys...and he has an extensive security set up over there...

ya just never know, do ya? Some guys tell ya what seems to sound like a tall tale and then ya find out they weren't kiddin.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 59 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,296
Posts18,487,032
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.