Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So how many that have afib now took the untested clot shots??

Oh we better not discuss that. Lol

Last edited by ribka; 02/17/24.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe twelve years back bouts of my heart “skipping a beat” after I lay down at night got so bad they would prevent me from sleeping. After I started putting in miles on a bicycle it went away. Only occasional, short-lived episodes now.

I’ve had four Pfizer shots, no apparent effect either way so far.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've been cardioverted 3 times at age 67 for atrial flutter. I went for the ablation 2 years ago. Been fine ever since.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Diagnosed with Afib before Covid, also have sleep apnea (double whammy!). When I went out of rhythm I felt 120 years old and the heart did not go back in rhythm itself. (persistent) Two cardioversions and (then) an ablation a couple years ago. Went out of rhythm just after the ablation (not uncommon) which required another cardioversion, been fine since. On a couple meds to control it, for another 30 years (hopefully!).
Recovering from the ablation was not a ton of fun either, quite a bit worse than I expected, fwiw.

K
Krazi Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Must be some hereditary. Dad, son and brother all have it.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've had AFIB for 10+ years- - - - -no ablations yet. Two stents for artery blockages 20+ years ago. Been hospitalized twice for 2-3 days on some pretty strong IV meds to finally get back close to normal rhythm. Pradaxa is the most effective (and most expensive) anticoagulant. Over $1K for a 90 day supply. Fortunately VA supplies mine with zero copay. About 2 years ago my cardiologist prescribed Sotalol for rate control, which works better than anything else he's tried. My last visit to the "electrician" who monitors the rate signals was a good one- - - -"You're looking almost normal- - - -come see us in a year". Used to be six months between visits.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
from JAMA, 8/28/20 (presumably before anyone was vaxed, cases from 2006 to 2018):

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2769913

from the body of the article:

"In this cohort study of 500 684 individuals, AF incidence rates increased 3% per year from 2006 to 2018"

"Many AF risk factors increased in the at-risk population over time, most notably high BMI (71 433 [36.0%] in 2007 to 130 218 [46.1%] in 2017), hypertension (79 977 [40.3%] in 2007 to 134 404 [47.6%] in 2017), diabetes (26 346 [13.3%] in 2007 to 47 089 [16.7%] in 2017), and ischemic stroke (2788 [1.4%] in 2007 to 10 527 [3.7%]). Documentation of short-term ECG increased over time from a low of 23 297 of 207 349 at-risk patients (11.2%) in 2008 to a high of 45 027 (16.0%) in 2017. Use of long-term ECG monitoring showed no clear pattern over time (1871 [0.9%] in 2007 to 4036 [1.4%] in 2017)."

so, the best medicine may be to address high BMI, prevent and/or effectively treat hypertension, and/or effectively prevent and/or treat diabetes.

I found no new, similar data, but as the huge swell in the population known as the "baby booomers" ages out, prevalence is going to rise and unless they die fast enough, incidence is going to rise as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I’m wondering if the mRNA Covid shots may explain the increase in A-Fib cases. I’m sure you won’t see that mentioned in the MSM if it is the case. Circumstantial?
Who knows. We may never know.

Am Heart Assn has a study showing increased A-Fib incidence with hospitalized Covid patients. Crickets on the shots.

My wife has developed A-Fib. She didn’t cardiovert, is on the Beta blocker, bisoprolol, which makes her tired. They tried Multaq (dronodarone) which is reportedly an improved version of amiodarone. It caused nausea and had to be d/c’ed.

So, she’s a candidate for ablation. Those electrophysiologists are so busy, getting an appt isn’t easy.

BTW, she had two Moderna shots back in the day, no boosters since.

Her ejection fraction on echocardiogram is 50 which is pretty good. But she has to sleep in a recliner, gets short of breath lying flat. And she has spasms of coughing. Of course she’s on Eliquis.

DF

If the PHD (public health debacle) jab causes myocarditis, it seems highly certain it could cause Sino-atrial node dysfunction and a-fib also.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I bet the makers of Eliquis has data on the effects of the jab and Afib. Super secrete info.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
With respect to myocarditis, which metrics have increased.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Gibby
I bet the makers of Eliquis has data on the effects of the jab and Afib. Super secrete info.
For sure great for their business.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Meds workleys say over half the time? If not you get to ride the lightning. Stop your heart and restart it. If that doesn't work you get surgery.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Most of this natural stuff is hereditary, in the end, you are born with the thing that will kill you, type of deal. Been doing Genealogy for 22 years following my mother's 25 years, prior research. So 47 years combined. You discover many things in family history research, not all good, but fore warned is fore armed

My wife and I have family history of heart problems and cancer, so no worry about how, only when. Anyway last visit to the cardiologist, a very good one, with the wife he suggest that she have an ablation, as she has afib and tachycardia both at different times and her control meds only work at times, of course nothing is so easy, she also has Parkinson's so, the treatments, including being rendered unconscious, pain meds, etc., is a very short list of options. So she said no dice, too chancy, all considered.

A question about ablation, how old, complications prior, and how long for full recovery? I am a prior planner, and make almost no moves without weighing the potential outcomes. I weigh quickly and make decisions. I know the current situation well, I myself spent a week in afib after a prior stint procedure, but am not sure about the actual effects of the ablation procedure. Dr said were he in my wife's condition, he would have the ablation done, and he does not do the procedure himself, so his involvement is not a factor at all. The heart shut down and defib with jaw blocks did not work at all.

Last edited by Rapier; 02/17/24.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
The clot shot caused a fib. I know 5 people now developed afib after the Pfizer jab.

Good times

Pfizer and Moderna developed the mRNA vax

J&J developed the so called clot shot.

I too know of people who developed heart rhythm issues post mRNA vaccination
I got AFIB after my second bout with Covid and prior to my J&J (clot shot) vax. I'm on 2wice daily elequis...

Last edited by johnw; 02/17/24.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would not normally ascribe the onset of Afib to any one induced condition. Afib is too common and widespread, for that. But I have known kids in their 20s who were previously healthy to develop it and other heart arrhythmias after the mRNA vax

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Back when I went to Paramedic school in the early 90s I was told that a lot of people over 60-70 had A Fib. Though it was a common dysthymia, we didn’t treat it or worry about it. Recently (2 years ago) I was riding with an EMT that was going through Paramedic school. I noticed every time I did an EKG or 12 lead, he would pop off with “Is that A Fib?” The first couple of times I told him no, just artifact. Finally I asked him why was he so interested in A Fib? Apparently they make a big deal about it. Then I concluded that big pharma is making bank on A Fib meds and now hear ads on TV and radio. What changed? Money ti be made. The number of people with A Fib increased? Probably not. Jmho.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think 90 days of Xarelto is $1700-$1800. My part is $649. No visible gold flakes in the tablet.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I've had AFIB for 10+ years- - - - -no ablations yet. Two stents for artery blockages 20+ years ago. Been hospitalized twice for 2-3 days on some pretty strong IV meds to finally get back close to normal rhythm. Pradaxa is the most effective (and most expensive) anticoagulant. Over $1K for a 90 day supply. Fortunately VA supplies mine with zero copay. About 2 years ago my cardiologist prescribed Sotalol for rate control, which works better than anything else he's tried. My last visit to the "electrician" who monitors the rate signals was a good one- - - -"You're looking almost normal- - - -come see us in a year". Used to be six months between visits.

A Watchman device and one baby aspirin a day got me off those anti-coag's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have it right now. I'm scheduled for an Ablation on April 2nd. The doctor that is doing my Ablation has done over 3000 of them. He did 271 in 2023. He supposed to be really good.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Krazi
Got it. Gonna try to fix it. Got me on some meds for three weeks then try aversion. We will see. Didn't stay in rhythm for my son or brother. After that consider Ablation so they say. Anybody have any success dealing with it with medication only?

I had it in my early 30s, and had a bout of it that they corrected with drugs. I found that I could control it by staying away from too much caffeine and chocolate. I limit myself to only tea and pop before 1 or 2 pm, and eat very little chocolate. At one time I had to cut them out totally for a while. Now the only thing that happens if I partake in the evening, is I'll be up all night.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

208 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 24 invisible), 1,641 guests, and 1,061 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.