-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Neighbor and her dog got attacked this week by another dog in the neighborhood. The other dog’s owner is paying all vet bills of the neighbor’s dog.
Three years ago the wife and I were walking our golden retriever and got jumped by two boxers. I got them off my dog and personally know the owners, but if I’d had a pistol I’d shot the two boxers. I always leash my dogs, but I can count on one hand how many other people leash their dogs when out and about walking, jogging, etc.

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Grabbing the attacking mutt by the balls and lifting it off the ground might have stopped the fight, but the dog walker probably would need a pair of his own to do that.
been in a similar situation, dog was latched on with a death grip, I went for its throat choking it out of air till it let go, not as easy as it sounds, at least that wasn't my experience.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
She should have started with the Gen Z moron.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by longarm
laugh Guy seemed a little light in the loafers.
He walks dogs for a job

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by longarm
laugh Guy seemed a little light in the loafers.
He walks dogs for a job

Hahaha. Winner, winner....

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
OMG, what a rhubarb. If that were my dog shot I’d pay the vet bills AND be embarrassed to show my face on camera.

Excellent shot placement under stress by that lady 😎

Maybe 20 years back we had a Cop doing a welfare check on some middle school age kids left home alone (a divorce situation) on my street. A kid answered and a boxer ran out the door barking at the Cop.

Both survived the encounter, dog dog slightly wounded, but a mailbox across the street was center-punched, DRT grin

Truth

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I surprised they didn't get in trouble for putting a cross in her yard. At least they didn't lite it on fire.

She did the right thing and had good presence of mind to make sure the other guy was clear and be mindfully of the angle. It say it's a good shoot.

Bb

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Looks to me like her aim was true, good on her and I sincerely hope her little dog recovers. As for that plug......other parts of the country he might of caught a bullet just like his dam dog did.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hudge
Neighbor and her dog got attacked this week by another dog in the neighborhood. The other dog’s owner is paying all vet bills of the neighbor’s dog.
Three years ago the wife and I were walking our golden retriever and got jumped by two boxers. I got them off my dog and personally know the owners, but if I’d had a pistol I’d shot the two boxers. I always leash my dogs, but I can count on one hand how many other people leash their dogs when out and about walking, jogging, etc.
Went with my wife on her daily 2 mile walk with the whippets. She hasn't had too many issues in the last week so we just went out the door and down the street. Lately, due to folks not controlling their dogs, and sometimes pigs and sheep, she's been driving the 2+ miles down the road and parking and walking the road near the reservoir or back towards the house on our road where it's just open land and alfalfa fields. No houses with azzhats that won't control their animals.

We did the first mile plus, turned to come home, and as soon as we got back to where there are houses out comes a gal to feed her goats or horses, three Aussie sheepdogs come running out across 100' or so of her yard, then under the barbwire into the rancher neighbor's small parcel. One comes under the next fence which ends and then there are no fences at all between the house and the county road. Woman calls her mutts, they turn toward her for a bit, then turn back charging at us. We're doing our best, and our dogs are doing their best, to not strain the leashes trying to get to the barking fuzzy things. 2-3 times she had the dogs starting towards her, apparently they are not under voice control unless they decide to be. We keep walking and he big goat comes charging out. It did not stop on their property, it came out into the road. I has tried to but one of the neighbors in his own yard.

Yeah, I've got something to deal with the issue should the need really arise, but we'd much prefer to walk our leashed dogs on our public county road without having packs of dogs or loose pet livestock charging us..........on a regular basis. Animal control (a Sheriff operation) was called but by they time the get the guy to come out on a Saturday, and most other days, all these folks seem to have gotten their critters back in the yard and one residence will not answer the door when they are trying to cite them. The lady with the goats and Aussies moved in a few months back and shortly after she arrived we met her on the road while she was driving out and we were with the dogs. Seemed nice enough but she asked if we had seen one of her other dogs in the neighborhood. Seems she let it out one morning to do its business and it never came back, it was old and she thinks it crawled off to die perhaps. We think the coyotes got it more likely.

My plan is to go talk to her, let her know that if the dogs keep charging us, and the goat, I'm going to bring evidence to the Sheriff/animal control. We'd prefer to just be neighborly, but don't want to have to risk being like the lady in the video and dealing with LE or attorneys for defending ourselves or our dogs. And the worst part is listening to my wife be sad because as retired folks with our house 2/3 paid for we really can't find a nice place for anything we'd get out of this house. She just wants to be able to walk her dogs on our street.

I'll show her (and the Sheriff) pics like these to show the goat really was charging. Wasn't able to get the phone out for the dogs, but will have it handy the next time

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And yeah, it did come off their property and onto the street before we convinced it to stop. Lady came and got it with no apology to us

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/17/24.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sorry to hear val, about those incidents. BBQ goat is not bad at all, when its fresh. Loses it's appeal after it's been in the fridge overnight once its been cooked, but put up like a deer and frozen before cooking, it keeps well.......just saying.

In the 90's I lived in Chalmette, just past New Orleans. There was a nice lady we would do contract work for and she was big into the rescue/adoption programs from race tracks. They were all grey hounds and whippets, and I used to go play fetch with those dogs. It was the only time I interacted with hounds and whippets but I tell you, both were lightning with 4 legs. Ive heard stories about the grey hounds being mean, but with me both breeds were probably the friendliest and prettiest dogs I have ever been around. I would throw a tennis ball as far as I could and they would be there before it hit the ground and bring it right back.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Dogs of mine being attacked while leash walking them is something that's just to be expected from time to time. I lost count of how many times that's happened (seems like once or twice a year over the past 50 years) but one of my current dogs (a 50 lb half Pitbull) is getting up there in years. She's now 14. She still thinks she's an indomitable ball of fire in a fight, but her age is showing. In human terms, she's about 100 years old.

Anyway, a week or two ago, I was walking her and a little spitfire of a dog that was with its owner a few houses down from my position on their front lawn got sight of her and started charging at us with all seriousness and speed. He was less than half my dog's size, but powerfully built with a big capable looking head and thick neck, young, and cocksure of himself. The woman began to scream for him to come back, but he wasn't even listening to her.

I tried to keep walking, as we had already turned the corner so were heading away from this dog's origin point, but that didn't deter the attack. He quickly closed and tore into my female half pit. She was pissed off more than anything else (you could see it in her face), and tore back into him. He repeatedly clamped down on her, and she'd turn things around with equal ferocity, getting a grip on him by the neck and pushing him into the ground while shaking him up.

The little dog looked momentarily confused when she threw him back into the street. He looked like he'd lost just a bit of his starch, but quickly regained it, and dove back into the fight. My girl, with equal ferocity, tore back into him.

I tried to reach down and grab this little attacker, but the fight was too all over the place for me to succeed at this. Finally, she grabbed him by the neck again and flung him back into the street (the fight occurred on the sidewalk). He shook himself off, snarled, and hurled himself back at her, but this time, before he could reach her, I booted him back into the street.

Just then the lady who owned him, and had been running towards us the whole time, arrived, and grabbed him as he was again, for the fourth time, starting towards my dog. She apologized profusely, asked if my dog was okay, and left.

I could see this took a lot out of my dog, as she looked about ready to collapse but, while it counted, she dished it out more than it was dished out to her. I think, however, that woman grabbed her dog just in time, since I doubt my 14 year old girl had much fight left in her.

A construction worker who saw the whole thing came over and told me the very same event played itself out just like that a couple of days previously, with that very same dog.

This shot was taken of her last year:

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I'll agree that having issues while walking the dogs happens, but I disagree that it's something to be expected. Unless we've given in to the fact, perhaps in today's world the reality, that azzholes abound and inappropriate behavior is to be expected? Nah, I expect people to keep their dogs under control lest one attacks me, my wife, or our animals.

I'm surprised, very surprised, a little "peashooter" didn't appear from one of your pockets after the first attack was broken off and the second one occurred on your old dog. Your dog "appeared ready to collapse" this time, next time she might.

I think the little dog would have been in serious trouble if that happened to ours. Actually getting teeth on one of our dogs might be the last bite it got to take. And for sure, after finding out from the construction worker that this appears to be normal routine for that dog, something would have to be done. By the authorities if need be, by other means if necessary. Two chances is more than enough, they should get a handle on that dog before someone or their dog or even a child is injured severely.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like it's time for some birra de chivo.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Looks like it's time for some birra de chivo.
That would be an option. I don't think the owners would like it. If it does end up perforated, or on the hood of someone's truck, the owners can deal with it.

In it is contentment

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,207
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.