-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Forgive me, but I’ve been thinking about Nimblehunter’s friend who took his own life.
I can totally understand not wanting to be a burden on family. I worried about Dad getting down, and I figured if that happened what he might do. Gue said to me about getting the guns outta the house. I said the guns don’t matter. If he wants to go, all he’s gotta do is fire up a car in the garage, and take a nap.
Mom got dementia, we were worried about her maybe hurting Dad over what she imagined. We finally convinced her to go in for treatment. I guess Mom saw where this road was headed, and she took a bunch of pills.
We got her help in time to save her life. But it landed her in a home. She lost most of her motor skills, and 6 months later she died of pneumonia.
Lord knows, when Carol left me, the thought crossed my mind quite a few times.
I was at a pretty low point, but I was worried about what God would say when I met Him.
I believe His greatest gift to any of us, is life itself. Christ has provided my salvation, I’m sure of this.
But does that salvation cover throwing away the greatest gift?
If you’re given a gift, it’s yours to use as you please.
I will never live to be a burden on those I love if I can avoid it. Prettiest sure God can overlook that.
But I am also a fellow who swore my life to defend the Constitution of this country, and I see no legal or realistic way of doing that unless we all do it together.
Veterans are checking out early in record numbers, if you haven’t heard.
I can totally understand this.
Are we gonna get our schit together and preserve this wonderful heritage for our children and grandchildren? Maybe I should just head home, because I sure as hell don’t belong here anymore!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Damn dude!

It'll be better in the morning.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
We have a lot to deal with in what was America these days. I believe that it will work out . God Bless.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
OK...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not letting them win, fuqk'em!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Live for the fight, if nothing else. No quitting.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Damn dude!

I’ve been telling myself that for a lot longer than I want to admit!!!😀
But I’m still pretty stupid i guess, because I still have faith in the American people.
I ain’t quite ready to cash out. I’m too dang old to be a soldier. But I’ll be happy to offer fire support, and I do enjoy reloading shells!😀
But my health and body are beginning to slip.
When I can’t hunt Pleasantville Mountain anymore, you can bet I’ll be hunting that Bigger Mountain with Dad and Dave.
Didn’t mean to scare anyone!😀
But for years, I’ve been trying to get people aware of what’s going on.
If I stop posting suddenly, you can safely figure it was one of those alphabet agencies that used to work against our enemies!😀
Remember I’m a threat to democracy! It may LOOK like suicide, but Epstein didn’t hang himself!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
We are gonna focus and die on the social issues hill...while the central bank congress and Wallstreet are killing us.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Meh

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Damn dude!

I’ve been telling myself that for a lot longer than I want to admit!!!😀
But I’m still pretty stupid i guess, because I still have faith in the American people.
I ain’t quite ready to cash out. I’m too dang old to be a soldier. But I’ll be happy to offer fire support, and I do enjoy reloading shells!😀
But my health and body are beginning to slip.
When I can’t hunt Pleasantville Mountain anymore, you can bet I’ll be hunting that Bigger Mountain with Dad and Dave.
Didn’t mean to scare anyone!😀
But for years, I’ve been trying to get people aware of what’s going on.
If I stop posting suddenly, you can safely figure it was one of those alphabet agencies that used to work against our enemies!😀
Remember I’m a threat to democracy! It may LOOK like suicide, but Epstein didn’t hang himself!
Reon

Heard, acknowledged.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
There are lots of people that feel the same way
Just get through the day
And through tomorrow
Stay with us
We’re stronger together

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Reon, thanks for reaching out. I always enjoy your posts. You have better days ahead of you. I’ve been in a rut for the past 2 years knowing most of my life is over (64) , but I know how life can work. We all can have good days. Go to a used book store and pick up some books or read online. It can give a person a boost and broaden your outlook. Get involved in a group or organization that help others in some way. You will meet new people and they will have good quality’s. Please let us know how you are doing. Alan

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
NEVER SURRENDER!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never give up

living the good life every day
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
Never give up
Rest assured I wont, for three very good reasons.
One
My Old Man was my hero! He never gave up until he was 88 years old, and his health gave out. Bladder cancer was the cause of death listed, but I know better. When Dad couldn’t take care of himself, he went home. As I said we worried about him, going before it was time. He would not be a burden on anyone, and I can totally understand that!
Two
My faith in God and His Word. I’m feeling a little low, but i know there’s still some things He wants me to do before He calls me home.
I know what I think I need to do for Him. Through prayer and action I’m going forward with the plan.i know this patch is just a rough spot. He will never allow me to be tested beyond my strength!
Three
You shoulda known I was gonna drag Duke into this!😀
Advice from “The Train Robbers”
“You’re gonna spend the rest of your life getting up one more time than you’re knocked down. So you better start getting used to it”
Reon

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stay strong and if you have family to reach out to and connect with do it.

I enjoy reading your comments and your knowledge of American Civil War, Indian war history and overall perspectives.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hang in there.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hang in there.
Peanut butter falcon has spoken!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,459 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,609
Posts18,492,430
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.