-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife had a cold bath delivered some while back as she is convinced temperature extremes are good for the body. I was skeptical at first but the thing is pretty therapeutic.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ain't seen an ice bath till you check.out jojosnow's ice baths in a bikini on you tube. Do she cute and tough..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Several times. Never because I really wanted to, but when falling into ice water in river crossings it's happened to me about 6 times and about 6 more because after being in the field for far too long it was my only option for getting clean,

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Soaked cold rain moving cows on a open tractor

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
On those fishing and hunting trips in Alaska, in summer you can go about three days and then every one has to hit the water, 1st time up they all bet me I couldn’t run in and hold on to my soap, I said y’all crazy, there went my Ivory floating down the river, so cold you can’t keep your hands shut. Winter time maybe four days until bath, you’re freezing the whole time anyway, warmth is something you chase.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did the whole polar bear thing with a hole chopped in the ice. Once was good enough

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I fell in a frozen stock tank as a kid back Oklahoma. Does that count.

Thanks, Billy
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yes part of an initiation, had to stay in the ice bath till the song was over. One and only time, that was enough.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Ain't seen an ice bath till you check.out jojosnow's ice baths in a bikini on you tube. Do she cute and tough..mb

Like minds. I heart Jojo.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It wasn't an intentional ice bath, but I got a good one while coon hunting outside of Jefferson Iowa.

I got knocked down by a chunk of ice while crossing the Raccoon River during ice out. Luckily the water wasn't much over knee deep.

What a freak'n eye opener that was !

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was around 1976. I had a John Denver fake sheep lined jacket on. Not sure how cold it was, but I remember breaking ice to go out and hunt squirrel out of the boat. We were idling along and hit a log.

I went over board and lost a family heirloom Winchester 1904 in the process.

I grew up a ton that day.

It’s a longer story and would hijack the thread.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Angus55
Jag, I played college football in NM, five of us hunted anything we could eat, cafeteria was closed on Sundays, us five would feed half the football dorm, crane, pheasant, quail, ducks, geese, rabbits, so if we shot it we got it, no matter how hard to retrieve, great times, funny as hell to, the things we did should be in a book.😁

Great Campfire stories, Angus and thanks for it. I bet you have some stories that would be very interesting to hear.

I wish this Campfire was more geared for things like that.

I'd venture to say that football team was very blessed and appreciated your hunting crew.

I had an old rancher as a patient once from out around Roswell. She said jackrabbits made great eating.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/18/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Not by choice and unconscious at the time. USMC OCS, Quantico - heat stroke and 108+ core temp (according to the chart).

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Morewood

Like minds. I heart Jojo.
There are good looking women when they.make up and don't look quite as nice plain but Jojo is.never made up and is very appealing..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Anybody notice their first mistake? They all tried to go as group as close together as possible. Their combined weight put too much sag in the line and it sagged enough they couldn't go all the way. Only the first got across.

As kid, one of my favorite places in San Francisco was the Sutro's baths next to the Cliff House. The ad IIRC, 6 diffderent pools.One large main pool, on one end deep enough for a serious high dive. The three smaller pools one with fairly warm water the same temp as the main pool. The next two were side by side, one with very hot water and the other an "ice bath . About a two foot path way between the two. We used to play king of the mountain on the pathway. Never knew when loosing is you would be parboiled or froze half to death. Lifeguards always tried to stop us but sooner or later we'd be back at it. Too bad that place burned down It was falling apart and as the city owned it and they refused to put any money into it, just finally shut it down until it caught fire and was totally destroyed. It was also a great place to pick up girls.
PJ

Last edited by PJGunner; 02/19/24.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ice baths were popular in the training room for injuries when I was in HS. It was a preparatory school with the college on the same campus. I spent many hours in the ice tub!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nearly every day over my 36-year career working on drill rigs in the mountains of Colorado. The running joke was we just douced ourselves with ice water at the beginning of the day to get the suspense over. Once capped a 1,200 gpm flowing well at 29 below zero. Just another day in Paradice.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes sir!..Jojo is a tough gal...sweetheart as well..

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have taken a few duckhunting and trapping.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 61 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.