Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Hi Sako, sorry to hear you had some issues with yours. I havent dealt with Kimber c/s, but it sounds a little frusterating. Ive had a new haven m70 that wouldnt feed, a nosler 48 that popped primers out of the case, several x bolts with feeding issues, as well as a few other brands with problems. Theres always going to be a few that arent right from the factory, its not right, but true. Im a new member here, but Ive been reading this site and others for many years, and owned, traded, sold many bolt guns. Kimber gets trashed more than any other brand. I stayed away from them for years based on that. Then, tried them. Mine have been outstanding, thats my 2 cents worth.

HR IC

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Hi Sako, sorry to hear you had some issues with yours. I havent dealt with Kimber c/s, but it sounds a little frusterating. Ive had a new haven m70 that wouldnt feed, a nosler 48 that popped primers out of the case, several x bolts with feeding issues, as well as a few other brands with problems. Theres always going to be a few that arent right from the factory, its not right, but true. Im a new member here, but Ive been reading this site and others for many years, and owned, traded, sold many bolt guns. Kimber gets trashed more than any other brand. I stayed away from them for years based on that. Then, tried them. Mine have been outstanding, thats my 2 cents worth.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nice!

Great shooting👌

I pulled a 2.5-8 leupold off my 3006 Classic that broke the Talley LW rings and put it on my new to me 308 Adirondack in a set of Talley LW’s I had spare. Will shoot it after I trim the bottom of the binding mag box.

Can’t wait!

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I look forward to seeng how it works out! Adirondaks are pretty cool, great back pack rifles, Ive handled only one in 308, but never owned or shot one. I have talley l/w on my 300 wby. Should be a good test for them. No issues on my 280 ackley or 30.06, and have been on there a while, knock on wood!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
My 700 Ti gen 1 30-06 shoots 155 scenars over h43t0 very well too. It actually has one of my few remaining leupolds on it too. It's just a vx2 3-9 long range dot that I figured I'd try to keep the weight down. I didn't think it'd last this long but it has. The 155 scenario do pretty well at 3050 fps.

The same gun shoots 150 ttsx bullets over varget into the same ragged hole. I've tried to build a custom 30-06 for a go anywhere gun but I haven't had one put together that can outshoot this sub 6 pound Ti which isn't even bedded. Sometimes the factories get things right like with your kimber.

Bb

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
My 700 Ti gen 1 30-06 shoots 155 scenars over h43t0 very well too. It actually has one of my few remaining leupolds on it too. It's just a vx2 3-9 long range dot that I figured I'd try to keep the weight down. I didn't think it'd last this long but it has. The 155 scenario do pretty well at 3050 fps.

The same gun shoots 150 ttsx bullets over varget into the same ragged hole. I've tried to build a custom 30-06 for a go anywhere gun but I haven't had one put together that can outshoot this sub 6 pound Ti which isn't even bedded. Sometimes the factories get things right like with your kimber.

Bb

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Hey Burleyboy glad to hear it. I really think most of the better made rifles work like they should. We just hear about the ones that don't. Think of the untold thousands of hunters that aren't on forums just hunting and shooting with no issues and complaints, my 2 cents. Glad the leupolds hanging in there. Ive owned many and never, ever had one fail. Theres better glass, more options etc but those vx 1's and 2's are just solid, reliable hunting scopes. Your ti sounds like a keeper, light rifles are pretty nice. Ive lumped 9 and 10 pound rifles up and down the mtns for decades, light, reliable, and accurate works for me. And, I like a rifle I can be proud of as well. Im not a rich guy, but I do like good, quality rifles. I have a new mark v hunter in 300 wby as well, 8 1/2 pounds all up, nice rifle, not toooo heavy, lol.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Most hunters don't give a damn about accuracy till after they miss. We've had good many hunters through the years and only 3 have hunted with their reloads. I have a decent 500yd range and hang clay targets for practice, it's laughable if you don't let them use a rear rest. It's not uncommon to have hunters drive into town and buy more ammo because they can't hit sheit.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm the wrong guy. My Kimbers have Leupolds on them. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been wanting a Kimber but with stories of troubled feeding and bad accuracy I been holding off. Would hate to spend good money on Kimber only to have to re-barrel.
Never had an issue with Savage, Remington 700 or Winchester 70, or Leupold Scope so far.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by duke61
Been wanting a Kimber but with stories of troubled feeding and bad accuracy I been holding off. Would hate to spend good money on Kimber only to have to re-barrel.
Never had an issue with Savage, Remington 700 or Winchester 70, or Leupold Scope so far.

I like buying kimbers that "don't shoot."

Camp is where you make it.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by duke61

I like buying kimbers that "don't shoot."

Guess I've just been unlucky as I've not been able to do that . I have 2 Clack .22's and two late model wood stockers in 7-08 and .325 WSM and all shoot disgustingly well . NO Leupolds though , mostly use the old steel tube Weavers and older Redfield and Stith scopes. Do have a few by Burris , Nikon, and a Swift or three that all seem to work as intended.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
That’ll work👍

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
I'm the wrong guy. My Kimbers have Leupolds on them. laugh

Same here.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There are at least two of us kicking ourselves for passing on this one. laugh

Awesome shooting Jack; glad it worked out so well.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Most hunters don't give a damn about accuracy till after they miss. We've had good many hunters through the years and only 3 have hunted with their reloads. I have a decent 500yd range and hang clay targets for practice, it's laughable if you don't let them use a rear rest. It's not uncommon to have hunters drive into town and buy more ammo because they can't hit sheit.

OK.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kimber rifles are kinda like women-

A) They don’t have a brain.

B) Some look better than others.

C) Some feel better than others.

D) You may go thru a few before you find the right one.

E) Some kick harder than others.

F) Some are more expensive than others. +P here…

G) Some want to please you and some don’t give a [bleep].

H) Did I mention they don’t have a brain??

I) You may want or have more than one.

J) You may want more than one and then ask yourself wtf was I thinking??

K) Some will perform better than others…

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Must be a Georgia thing. Most hunters I hang out with, run their handloads. As do I.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.