Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Not a collector, but I own ruger rifles and handguns at roughly a 5 to 1 ratio. I'm always interested in reading and learning more about them. So the answer is yes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the idea also

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yes !

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I’m an accumulator, not a collector, but I would be very pleased to see such a forum.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The world needs more Collector Forums.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm in.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds good

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm in.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many of my Rugers are towards the seldom seen side of the spectrum, so I'd be down for that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
+1 on the bear hunting forum. Or we can keep it a secret. Maybe that'd be better.

As for Rugers, how about a "Where do I send my Ruger pistol to make the damn thing work right" Forum? Maybe Ruger could spnsor it and provide postage paid labels? That'd sure nuff get some traffic. Sub-forums could be the Misfire Forum, the How to Stovepipe your Ruger Forum, the Learn How To Use Coarse Sights Forum, and the What the Hell Difference is There between the I, II, III, and IV forum? But the busiest would no doubt be the HTF Does this POS Ruger Go Back Together Forum.

Or how about a "Which Ruger 77's had bad barrels" forum so we can all get that straight in our head once and for all. Special subforum for 77 Hornet sadomasochists and Liberty model shot dispersion patterns.

Yeah, let's get a Ruger forum, right next to the popular Remington forum. LOL

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/18/24.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You'll have to forgive me, I shot three Ruger 22 pistols today.

LOL
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have many Ruger rifles. I’d love to see this on AR!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Fireball2
+1 on the bear hunting forum. Or we can keep it a secret. Maybe that'd be better.

As for Rugers, how about a "Where do I send my Ruger pistol to make the damn thing work right" Forum? Maybe Ruger could spnsor it and provide postage paid labels? That'd sure nuff get some traffic. Sub-forums could be the Misfire Forum, the How to Stovepipe your Ruger Forum, the Learn How To Use Coarse Sights Forum, and the What the Hell Difference is There between the I, II, III, and IV forum? But the busiest would no doubt be the HTF Does this POS Ruger Go Back Together Forum.

Or how about a "Which Ruger 77's had bad barrels" forum so we can all get that straight in our head once and for all. Special subforum for 77 Hornet sadomasochists and Liberty model shot dispersion patterns.

Yeah, let's get a Ruger forum, right next to the popular Remington forum. LOL

LOL, Id be more interested in the bear hunting forum
Been watching guys run em with hounds on Youtube.
Not my cup of tea but dang the chase looks pretty fun.
Might have to give it a whirl.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/18/24.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Why not .... this is gun forum after all.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Surefire7 (and all the other civil posters): I think there would be enough interest by enough CampFirers to make this worthwhile for the site owners/moderators - I will give it another day or two and then will correspond to them regarding adding another forum (for Ruger Collectors/enthusiasts).
Thanks to all with the positive comments.
And for the few "negators" on this thread there's this - remember NO ONE would force you to have to click on a "Ruger Collectors" forum!
Sheesh
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Thanks all (even the negators - its good to know who's who)

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
"Ruger and His Guns' is a pretty good book on the Ruger offerings. There are also books on Ruger revolvers. As for putting the Ruger 22 simi-auto pistol back together, it's pretty simple if you know how.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have that coffee table book somewhere.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Absolutely yes

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Uh oh, sounds like Santa put me on the bad list. LOL

VarmintGuy- I'd be glad to have a Ruger forum. I haven't had good luck with one yet but I do like their style and, bless my heart, I keep trying. Just yesterday someone posted about a Lipsey 77 in 35 Whelen and I got a little flutter. I still WANT to like a Ruger.

I had a Liberty model 77 in 250 Savage that I invested hundreds into restocking with a Lone Wolf synthetic stock and accurizing work and it never shot for crap. Loved the rifle, wanted to love it forever, but as they say, only the accurate rifles are interesting. If you buy a 77 you also run the chance of getting one with the crappy metallurgy that purples out on you, that's always fun. You can't give them away when they turn purple and nothing says "I've been had" quite like a Ruger rifle with a purple receiver. And we all know about the bad barrels, we just can't remember which years to avoid.

As I mentioned, yesterday I took out three Ruger 22 pistols to burn up some ammo. One was a Mk II heavy target barrel with the flared wood grips (love the fit of those grips). Another was a GP100 10 shot stainless revolver. The last was a Lipseys single Six with the Bisley frame.

I've got others too, but it's because I'm a slow learner. If I was smart I'd offload every Ruger I own and stick to things that work every time. It's almost like Ruger adopted the Taurus business model from Brazil. I wish they'd work better, because I do like their style.

So, I guess if my moderatedly educated opinion about Rugers may be tainted to your unliking, please forgive me, for I am but a jaded shooter with a masters in objectivity.

LOL
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.