Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I’m about to purchase another AR-15.

I have all the necessary permits and will going through my FFL.

The issue is, I want to use my son’s Credit Card to make the online purchase.

Everything will be in my name except the CC, is this considered a Straw?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Nay

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I would not think so. the procedure for buying a gun for a gift to follow proper government protocol is the receiver of the gift must fill 4473 and I'm not sure it makes any difference who pays for it. at least that's what I've been told and what we've actually done in buying a gift for someone but we did pay with cash not a credit card..

pretty much the same way with raffles I've been involved with giving away a gun somebody that's running the raffle you could say or a member of a fire board or FFA group whatever generally buys the gun so everybody can see what they may win and then the winner has to go back to the FFL dealer and fill out the yellow sheet to take possession of the gun.
at least that's how it's always been done and things I've been involved in.

Last edited by ldholton; 02/19/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's whatever they decide it is. Welcome to the New Amerika.

Hint.

LOL
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Depends on store policy.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, and "straw purchase" is not in the Constitution, specifically the Second Amendment.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Troll bait

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NRA
Form 4473, which you will fill out every time you purchase a gun from a dealer, asks with very specific language, “Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm listed on this form?” This means you can purchase a gun you’re giving as a gift to another person (as long as they’re not prohibited from owning it), but you cannot purchase a gun on another person’s behalf, even if they can legally own it.

For example, if a buddy were to approach you and say “Hey, my brother really wants a 20-gauge for duck hunting. I don’t know anything about guns. Can I just give you $500 and you go buy one you think he’ll like?” If you say yes to this plan, because money is involved, you are buying a gun on behalf of someone else. Even if your friend and his brother are legally allowed to own the gun, this purchase is illegal. Don’t do it.

Originally Posted by more
You can buy a gun and gift it to a friend or family member, provided you follow the legal requirements for transferring a gun to another private party. Some states require that transfer to go through a Federal Firearms License (FFL) dealer for a background check; in other states, private individuals are free to buy and sell guns to each other without this step. You need to know the laws in your state. If a background check is required where you live, you can wrap up the gun and let the recipient open it, but you’ll need to actually retain possession of it yourself until you can accompany him or her to an FFL dealer to make a legal transfer.

If you are gifting a gun you already own, maybe a family heirloom, all you have to do is make sure the recipient is legally allowed to own the gun and make sure you follow the private transfer laws in your state.

Linky

Notice - zero mention of how the firearm is paid for. Some might say the CC example applies but not really, you're using someone else's money to buy it for you, not them.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
I’m about to purchase another AR-15.

I have all the necessary permits and will going through my FFL.

That's sad.

As for the straw,

Depends on whether or not the ATF wants to jack you up.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Necessary Permits??

FJB & FJT
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What is a gun permit?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What, are you broke ?
Use your own card.
Why draw unwanted attention to your purchase ?

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If you have any lingering doubts, just have your son use his card to draw the cash from an ATM, then you can go spend it...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
What, are you broke ?
Use your own card.

Yes

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depends on who you support politically.

To a 2024 DC .gov ATF agent, if you are a Trump supporter, then you must be prosecuted. Even if the ATF loses, they would have created you enough aggravation, and cost you enough in legal costs, to make it worth it to them.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I tried to order a rifle a few years ago using my dad’s credit card and the company wouldn’t allow me to do it. So like it was said in the post above probably depends on the company’s policy.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Raeford
Necessary Permits??
Yes,

Minnesota requires a permit to purchase an AR.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
What, are you broke ?
Use your own card.

It's an issue of timing:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...to-firearms-ban-legislation#Post19225374

He's trying to beat the upcoming ban.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/19/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Troll bait

No shît.

What the fück, Steve.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
NO! It’s for you, you are ordering it and you are doing the paperwork which is all the ATF cares about. I asked the same question years back and the ATF chick said and I quote, “the ATF doesn’t care if you give the guns away for free, only that the paperwork and NICS check is done properly”.

Straw purchase is one that seeks to hide who the end user is through having a non-prohibited person doing the paperwork only to give it to a prohibited person upon getting a proceed. Gifting a firearm to a non-prohibited person is ok according to the ATF. Having your friend, son, spouse, etc buy you a firearm but you doing the paperwork and NICS check since you are the one that will own it is perfectly legal.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 45 invisible), 2,231 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,133
Posts18,483,919
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.