Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Obviously deliberate construction is for humor's sake. It has a place, but sparingly.

The more widespread lack of grammar and spelling knowledge is indicative of ignorance. People who cannot write are seen to be as muddle-headed as Kamala.

Seems like there are any number of Kamala like persons posting here lately

Chaff to be burned off

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I strive for perfection, such is a rare event. I was in a publish or perish career generating 30 or 40 peer reviewed manuscripts and twice as many lay publications across the years. Each of the the technical documents went through at least 3 peer reviews, 2 or 3 associate editor reviews, and a senior editor read before acceptance. Last was a final look by a publication editor. Eventually my journal articles show up, and without fail, I always found at least one spelling or punctuation error therein. Inevitably, the source was my final submission.

Exchanges here are a bit more rapid fire, and while I'd like all to be proper, there's usually a slip up somewhere. Most, however, are a product of my fat fingers straying on the keyboard and a failure to proofread. If I catch those in time, there's always the "edit" feature. A review of my posts will reveal its frequent use (this example included).

In the past, we had a member that drafted every post in a thoroughly butchered "good ole boy dialogue." I'm sure his intention was entertainment, and such probably required three times more effort than normal text.

I tend to notice things like advise/advice, sell/sale, saw/seen and let them slide. We are, after all, not generating resumes here.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/19/24.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think that some here believe that the epitome of conservative political behavior is the piss-ignorant drunken redneck. And I think that the way they post is merely another form of virtue signaling.

And some just act that way because they know it gets under someone else's skin. I don't even need the ignore feature for such examples. I can read right past them effortlessly.

I have resorted to the ignore feature for some, lately. It is, for me, reserved for those who have wished ill for, or death to others on the 'fire.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I seen whot you done right thar. ^^

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, anyone can spell antidisestablishmentarianism, but what does it mean?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s a synonym for Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
" ... In the past, we had a member that drafted every post in a thoroughly butchered "good ole boy dialogue." I'm sure his intention was entertainment, and such probably required three times more effort than normal text. ..."

Was that "Big Mortie?" I miss Big Mortie. He was unique. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
One of the biggest misuse of words is the word "got"
I've got lots of stuff to sell, We have got to many dumb asses on here,
You're using two words that have the same meaning. Drop the "got" and just use "have"
I have lots of stuff to sell, We have to many dumb asses on here
Think about it when you are talking too.

"The older I get, the better I was"
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
We’ve got to work on that yes

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
A myriad of posts recently where the OP deliberately misspelled words in the title? What's with that? Dumbazz or stupid?

Cries for attention, nothing more.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by earlybrd

Lol. As long as I can understand them, I could care less about how somebody speaks, spells, or uses words in a sentence.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

Lol. As long as I can understand them, I could care less about how somebody speaks, spells, or uses words in a sentence.

So you do care at least a little bit. grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

So you do care at least a little bit. grin

Ha. Yes, if I cannot understand them it is annoying. Deciphering Sticks ramblings comes to mind.

In all seriousness, I have been around people that literally could not read, could not look up a number in a phone book because they couldn't read the names, and also could not read out a tape measure in a normal way........for example would say 14 and 3 nicks.

The same person could build just about anything from scratch and when it was done looked and worked professional. So it sure isn't a indicator of intelligence.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
jbmi:

I have the same issue with "that." If I conduct a review, better than 50% get marked out. I.e. We saw that he had a flat tire.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
I think that some here believe that the epitome of conservative political behavior is the piss-ignorant drunken redneck. And I think that the way they post is merely another form of virtue signaling.

And some just act that way because they know it gets under someone else's skin. I don't even need the ignore feature for such examples. I can read right past them effortlessly.

I have resorted to the ignore feature for some, lately. It is, for me, reserved for those who have wished ill for, or death to others on the 'fire.
Lol, so youre ignoring me. How did I hurt your feelings? Hard to keep up with it all, but my guess is youre a covtard? Guess you wont be reading this anyway lol

Last edited by gunchamp; 02/19/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
A myriad of posts recently where the OP deliberately misspelled words in the title? What's with that? Dumbazz or stupid?

Perhaps they are simply adherents to the tenets of that august, and alas defunct movement, the SSB? Sure, that's it. They are really historians who believe, like Andrew Carnegie and Theodore Roosevelt did, that the english language uses too many words spelled in ways unlike how they sound and we must simply be educated to follow this movement as educated Americans.

On second thought, disregard. Ignorance, feigned or actual, is likely more true. crazy

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Sell. Sale. Sell. Sale. The amount of bumpkins who slept through school and can’t decipher the difference between wanting to “sell” something, and something that is for “sale” is in the thousands.

Googled "sale" several years ago to see if the definition had changed, after seeing it used incorrectly everywhere.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 348winchester
In my defense, Im posting often on my cell phone and I can’t see the keys very well and suffer from big fingers little key board. Autocorrect is also a pos and screws me up more often than makes things better. As for purposely spelling wrong, it’s just stupid and kind of irritating.

not you, but there are several here who are making that a standard thing with their posts these days. Really no big deal, but interesting that one started it, and now several feel the urge to participate. smile

Sam......

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My teachers used a lot of red pencell lead.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I miss kawi.

now there was a fellow with perfect writing, clear, concise, and eminently intelligible.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.