-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people who have been involved in work related shootings, refrain from talking about the subject.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If there were such a thing as instinctive shooting, we wouldn't have to practice to get better.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well done.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Point n click! Instinctive like throwing a football at your brother running all out.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, I wonder why they felt the need to cut a big chunk out from the middle or that clip.

IC B2

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yeah, I wonder why they felt the need to cut a big chunk out from the middle or that clip.

What did they cut out? Pertinent is his shooting - not before or after.

1. Cop on right, situation comes apart. He's moving to the rear to create space.

2. video mirrors/flips (you can tell by the Ford badge on the tailgate and the vehicles/houses changing sides)

3. Cop on left then as situation comes apart and he's moving to the rear to create space. It's the same activity you see in 1. Repeated - just flipped perspective. What's cut out, considering it's the same activity - just flipped?

Me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
…………..

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I would say that was just instinctive shooting. I would be shocked if he ever saw his front sight.

It looked like a distance of about 7 or 8 yards.

I'm sure you are right about it being an instinct shot, but some do practice and train for that. From the way he handled the pistol, it seems like he was pretty proficient.

Can't fault it in any way.
7/8 yards if I'm using a front sight I'm a dumbass.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Jackson is there any handgun at all that is more effective? You sound like an expert so please let me know.

Maybe a 10mm, but most can't shoot it worth a s hit due to recoil.

Handgun cartridges poke holes. Ask anyone that knows about terminal ballistics, they will tell you the same thing.
10 mm is the only handgun round that has impressed us with a bit quicker kills etc.... Nothing has gotten out of sight after the hit with the 10 IE animals.
The recoil of the 10 is very minimal. Smaller framed wife shoots it just fine. Carries it for bears and moose protection along with 2 legged sometimes.

That said I've killed quite a few things with 9mm lately IE deer and pigs. With the right bullets it works really well. Of course I've shot a deer once with a 380 and it didn't go far either.

Thats instinctive distance shooting. NO sights needed really. Unless we have to start shooting at parts of a head or such. And the bottom line is you keep shooting until the threat is no more.
I don't like that, and I dont' like having to shoot as a guide, but, especially on big bears, if I have to start shooting I keep shooting until the bear quits moving and likely give it one more past that. Which often requires a reload on my 458 LOL

That was a refreshing video. Damn scary but refreshing. A good single hit at close range. Personally I'd have shot him another time or two at least but liability bullshit etc... I get it. Plus he had to worry about the other guy in the truck too being loose.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (160user, 10ring1, 12savage, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,314
Posts18,505,643
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.