It was on a another thread but I questioned issues as due to carbon ring or buildup that not a lot of folks pay attention to.

The question was posed what did I do?

You have to be a bit careful. Kind of don't do it if you are like my wife a bull in the china cabinet. And more is not always better

But I found my diamond paste while working on a neighbors sons rifle this morning. By accident LOL.

6 micron is the abrasive one. 1 micron is the lesser abrasive. Diamond paste.

used on a brush with a tight patch. 6 micron we use to do probably only 20 laps in the barrel IIRC. Then clean it out with denatured alcohol. Follow up by about 20 passes with 1 micron but done 20 and ad a bit more. 20. ad more. Etc... kind of like JB. UP to 100 of those.

While in there I payed special attention to the throat and immediately in front of it. Like lets hit those first 3-4 inches or so with at least 20 of the 6 micron. Then do the whole barrel. Same with the 1 micron. Lets hit it a number of times but you didn't usually have to ad any paste, just hit it say 50 or 75 times. Then the whole barrel.

Often followed that up with 20 of JB 5 times.

That barrel would typically shoot better again. It helped smooth the throat as the fire cracking started as it aged. As far as I could tell it didn't shorten barrel life any.. May have actually helped barrels live. One we treated that way I shot to over 12,000 rounds of 223 through a Krieger barrel and while it was dying, the last match I won the Louisiana state service rifle match at Ft Polk years ago. Thats a lot of rounds for a 223 to hold acceptable accuracy to 600 yards with iron sights.

Be aware this is for the folks that are careful. I have not had to ever do this in a hunting rifle. So far.

The one label I can still read, and this is not endorsing the company just what I had bought...Diamond Innovations. Man made diamond. Item for the 1 micron was 15306454 And this also. DMSY SJK-5 0-2 MOS 5

Its just an FYI post.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....