Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by papalondog
How do ya'll make your coffee? We like the K-cup single serving but can't get a Keurig to last very long. Is there a good K-cup machine out there or should we drag the pot out again?

Funny........

$20 Black & Decker & Maxwell House

Wife likes to splurge when we camp

French press & Folgers..............(:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
12 cup Mr. Coffee, LavAzza Gran Selezione, heavy whipping cream (nothing artificial) and tiny bit of sugar.

This is the best coffee I've ever tried and I've tried a bunch! It is consistent, smooth and not bitter at all.

BTW, I like my coffee HOT!

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 02/20/24.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a Baratza Encore grinder and a French press. I have been really enjoying the Sumatra Gayo whole bean dark roast coffee that I buy here in Arkansas.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rufous
I have a Baratza Encore grinder and a French press. I have been really enjoying the Sumatra Gayo whole bean dark roast coffee that I buy here in Arkansas.

Have a man bun too

Asking for DeFlave

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Percolator on the stove top. If the power goes out I can perk it on the woodstove. The house brand at Aldi is good, but I'll also drink Maxwell House and my treat for myself is 8 O'clock coffee. I drink it black and it's plenty hot out of that percolator.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Our coffee maker grinds the beans fresh for every pot. Coffee starts getting stale as soon as it's ground. If you're not grinding fresh, may as well use sawdust.

As far as what beans....there are a whole lot of great beans out there. Even cheap grocery store beans, like Eight O'Clock are okay if you grind them fresh.

Biggest joke out there is buying high grade, boutique coffee that is pre-ground or in Keurig cups....might as well use sawdust.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Breuggers bottomless coffee plan........served up by one of their cutie-pies.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Cuisnare? 10 cup, grinds beans fresh, French roast generally. Can be pre-rogramed for time. Hardly ever used, but scared the heck out of a bear on the deck one morning.

Whole new take on "Clear the deck!" smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Fresh ground beans, I use an old electric goose neck style percolator. In camp or if the power is out, I'll dig out my stainless camp pot and perc away on the old Coleman!
Drink it hot and black, no funny additives.
Jeff

Last edited by troutfly; 02/20/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr Coffee drip (set to STRONG), Folger classic roast with about 50+% more grounds. We just had to buy our third pot in 22 years. Very soft water here (not a home softener) so the pots last a lot longer than where we moved from. If we got 2 years out of a pot up north it was a long time.

If the electric goes out I grab the camp coffee pot and make a pot of cowboy coffee on the grill side burner . . . best coffee ever.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've been married 64 years and have owned every type of coffee making device/setup known to man and woman - and probably some not known - and still have most of them. Seems like we have just about everything noted above.

The theme varies, but once we finally found some K cups with enough flavor to satisfy, we have tried to enjoy the convenience and selectivity of the Keurig maker. It is fussy/cranky, and I have repaired it three times - maybe will toss it next time - but it is several years old and still alive. If not that, it will be strong perked stuff I suppose. I do like the squeeze screen filter (French press?) stuff too.

M likes a dash of 1/2 and 1/2. I go with a light dose of stevia.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use red can saw dust, medium roast, through a stupid Ninja branded 15 in 1 maker the wife bought last year. The only “special” feature we use is the preset timer so it starts making coffee 10 minutes before the alarm goes off.

I liked the coffee from our old Bunn better.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
K cup

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was a kiosk at some mall that had chocolate covered coffee beans to be chewed on. Big caffeine kick.

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stickfight
I don't take caffeine very often but my wife likes an espresso drink a few times a week.

She has some sort of machine, a grinder, scales, various tooling she uses to prepare the thing. It is like watching a science experiment.
Her version of reloading perhaps.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Was a kiosk at some mall that had chocolate covered coffee beans to be chewed on. Big caffeine kick.
I would like that for caffeine buzz.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by papalondog
How do ya'll make your coffee? We like the K-cup single serving but can't get a Keurig to last very long. Is there a good K-cup machine out there or should we drag the pot out again?
Instant. No issues.

In laws are into that Kuerig thing. IIRC they have been through a couple also. I suspect if you used distilled water it would last longer. Who knows what the coffee would be like though.

But for coffee I can't tell enough difference between Walmart instant decaf and anything else. well some of the Starbucks instant stuff is strongly gross but I digress. That was at a camp.

And unless you put brown sugar and French vanilla creamer in coffee its nasty all around.

I like fresh ground beans and black, but the brown sut and vanilla creamer sounds good

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Coffee maker (Breville)... but for years cowboy coffee which I very much prefer for flavor and strength (but not cleanup).

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
French press with tap water. Fresh ground beans is the important part, not picky on the beans.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Egg, or eggshell? Back when, my Grampa Jim made coffee every noon when we fished. Lake water, egg in the grounds, boiled over a fire, the Dutch oven held with a gaff hook, dipped in the lake to settle the grounds.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,455 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.