Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PJGunner
I still ask, "Who in the hell put that live round in the gun?" I'm not gonna say it's the girl's fault just yet because not one damn one of us has all the details. It may come to past that we will never know the truth of the matter.
PJ

If the armorer knew what they were doing and did the job right, there would be no doubt.

The armorer inspects and loads the gun with what the script calls for, reviews the usage of the gun in that particular scene, and hands the gun to the actor, telling them what condition the gun is in, and offers technical support before the scene is filmed, then take immediate possession of the gun again, after the scene and clears the weapon.

In NO scenario does a competent armorer just roll out a cart of guns and ammo and walk away, to leave Hollywood idiots to do their own firearm handling with a scene.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If the armorer knew what they were doing and did the job right, there would be no doubt.

The armorer inspects and loads the gun with what the script calls for, reviews the usage of the gun in that particular scene, and hands the gun to the actor, telling them what condition the gun is in, and offers technical support before the scene is filmed, then take immediate possession of the gun again, after the scene and clears the weapon.

In NO scenario does a competent armorer just roll out a cart of guns and ammo and walk away, to leave Hollywood idiots to do their own firearm handling with a scene.
Bingo!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thank you DaveR. Her lawyer told her, "That electric blue hair and nose rings, which make you so groovy in Los Angeles, will not play well in front of a New Mexico jury."

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I read that the first assistant director who actually handed the gun to Baldwin [strictly against protocol] got a plea bargain. Hannah Reed was not even there the day of the shooting. Lots of theories abound about this killing. Directors next movie about child trafficking. Guess who was a frequent flyer on the Lolita express. Her husbands investigation into Clinton family.

Fourth Generation Border Rat
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
If the armorer wasn't there the day of the shooting how can she be held accountable for it? I understand her responsibility is the firearms but who the hell decided to take over her duties?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
If the armorer wasn't there the day of the shooting how can she be held accountable for it? I understand her responsibility is the firearms but who the hell decided to take over her duties?

I'm pretty sure she was on the location. Just not in the place they were filming.

This video was minutes after the shooting.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with finding all the details before passing judgment on HER - BUT ....would anyone in their right mind not check a weapon with this chick being the armorer? Especially with all the complaints and known uses of live rounds?

To me the bigger point is why did anyone point a gun and pull the trigger at anyone- EVER? Common sense practices in the film industry says no, which means even Hollywood idiots are told to know better. Baldwin was producer and executioner first and foremost in my mind.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I'm pretty sure she was on the location. Just not in the place they were filming.

Wow.

That was less than a favorable impression. She seems like she cares more about her personal embarrassment than she does the dead woman.

I have no idea how the film industry works or who bears most of the blame but she didn’t do herself any favors with her demeanor.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Her job was to be front and center when guns were being handled. Yet she was not present.
As producer, it was Alec's job to insure that she was on the set, before guns were handled.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Sounds like a bunch of admissions of responsibility for the death.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Her job was to be front and center when guns were being handled. Yet she was not present.
As producer, it was Alec's job to insure that she was on the set, before guns were handled.
Ensure.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Alec is a dumbass too.

His first job, as producer would have been to hire a competent armorer for the movie. Not some freaky chick who would work for cheap just to get the movie credit.

When you cut corners and safety measures, bad things happen.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Alec is a dumbass too.

His first job, as producer would have been to hire a competent armorer for the movie. Not some freaky chick who would work for cheap just to get the movie credit.

When you cut corners and safety measures, bad things happen.
Yeah, he could certainly be found civilly liable for hiring an incompetent.

J
J
Can anyone answer a question, what type/style of handgun was involved? Western, I automatically think single action, but??? If so, not only did jackass not pull the trigger, didn’t back the hammer either I suppose.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeffroinms
Can anyone answer a question, what type/style of handgun was involved? Western, I automatically think single action, but??? If so, not only did jackass not pull the trigger, didn’t back the hammer either I suppose.

I'm sure it was a Colt SAA replica, like a Uberti or similar brand.

He cocked it, and triggered it. There's no doubt of that. That's the only way one will fire. (Despite what he says)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeffroinms

I'm sure it was a Colt SAA replica, like a Uberti or similar brand.

He cocked it, and triggered it. There's no doubt of that. That's the only way one will fire. (Despite what he says)
I think I heard it was a Pietta, but either way, you are correct. a Single Action Army or clone cannot fire without the hammer cocked and the trigger pulled, short of a massively damaged hammer sear, which was not shown to be the case.

He clearly lied about not pulling the trigger. It was his first reflexive defensive measure against being held responsible. He should have said, "Yes, I pulled the trigger, but the gun wasn't supposed to have real ammo in it."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Ensure.

Good job Hawkeye. It is not often I get busted for incorrect word usage.

It was a Pietta. I have the same gun, mine is a muzzleloader. Very well made Italian replica. Sorry, Alec, it won't fire unless you pull the trigger.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The fact she is a dumbass that has no business performing the duty she was hired for she apparently didn’t load and hand him the gun. No doubt the entire production crew has to share responsibility for this incident. A person is dead because of gross negligence. I cannot escape the fact that literally millions of rounds are fired in movie scenes safely but this instance was a prescription for disaster. If you’re prepared to hang her I’d consider hanging the whole lot of them Baldwin first. The horses ass has fired many weapons in films and damned well knew better or at least should’ve.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Ensure.

Good job Hawkeye. It is not often I get busted for incorrect word usage.

It was a Pietta. I have the same gun, mine is a muzzleloader. Very well made Italian replica. Sorry, Alec, it won't fire unless you pull the trigger.
Kudos to you for not being sensitive about a correction.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The fact she is a dumbass that has no business performing the duty she was hired for she apparently didn’t load and hand him the gun. No doubt the entire production crew has to share responsibility for this incident. A person is dead because of gross negligence. I cannot escape the fact that literally millions of rounds are fired in movie scenes safely but this instance was a prescription for disaster. If you’re prepared to hang her I’d consider hanging the whole lot of them Baldwin first. The horses ass has fired many weapons in films and damned well knew better or at least should’ve.

When firearms are used on set, it boils down to 3 people.

1) The producer who hired an incompetent armorer.

2) The incompetent armorer herself. She accepted that responsibility, and should have understood it.

3) The idiot who pulled the trigger without KNOWING what was loaded, or what was going to happen.

The other crew, while they may have handled the guns and ammo, are not really culpable, since they should never have been allowed to do in any instance. Refer back to list above.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,473
Posts18,489,910
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.