Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
If I lived in that area of New Mexico, I'd attend that trial. I'd be curious as to what the witnesses testify and how Gutierrez Reed testifys. Too far away to attend, I'm afraid.

L.W.

Yes, she cleaned up.
The trial is being live streamed by Court TV, according to the Albuquerque Journal. They had her pic in this morning's paper.
Both courttv.com, and their Youtube Channel.

I won't attend, it's going to be a circus, and poor parking arrangements in that part of town.
The courtroom will be packed, reports estimate 88 journalists expected to attend.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Maybe they were all just hung-over from drinking,
Toking and snorting.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Her job was to be front and center when guns were being handled. Yet she was not present.
As producer, it was Alec's job to insure that she was on the set, before guns were handled.

Alec is a dumbass too.

His first job, as producer would have been to hire a competent armorer for the movie. Not some freaky chick who would work for cheap just to get the movie credit.

When you cut corners and safety measures, bad things happen.

I'm thinking maybe a little diversity hiring was involved here as well.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She’s fugged. I don’t think even her daddy could get her another job in Hollywood.

Hell, if she’s a felon, her entire shot at a career in firearms is gonna go up in smoke.

I’ll throw out that she’ll be criminally negligent and found guilty. Alex and his production company need to be bankrupted with a civil suit.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
The fact she is a dumbass that has no business performing the duty she was hired for she apparently didn’t load and hand him the gun. No doubt the entire production crew has to share responsibility for this incident. A person is dead because of gross negligence. I cannot escape the fact that literally millions of rounds are fired in movie scenes safely but this instance was a prescription for disaster. If you’re prepared to hang her I’d consider hanging the whole lot of them Baldwin first. The horses ass has fired many weapons in films and damned well knew better or at least should’ve.

When firearms are used on set, it boils down to 3 people.

1) The producer who hired an incompetent armorer.

2) The incompetent armorer herself. She accepted that responsibility, and should have understood it.

3) The idiot who pulled the trigger without KNOWING what was loaded, or what was going to happen.

The other crew, while they may have handled the guns and ammo, are not really culpable, since they should never have been allowed to do in any instance. Refer back to list above.

Yep. She, the idiot Baldwin hired as the “Armorer”, and Baldwin, both as the Producer and shooter, are both responsible for the lady’s death.
Hope they both get the Maximum Sentence that NM Law allows.
But being in Santa Fe, the Libertard Schitthole that it is, it’s very doubtful Justice will be served.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
On that particular filming that day there were no overhead booms, racing cars or other vehicles, chainsaws or other tools, pretty much one single potentially deadly item that at least two people we know of handled and nobody took two seconds to open and clear it? No doubt more people had hands on it that day.

In a lot of years of life like most of you I’ve seen a lot of guns cleared in front of people at gun shops, outdoors stores, private gatherings, hunting trips, etc and I have never seen an instance where the receiving person then pointed the gun at another person, nonetheless pulled the trigger.

Responsibility for this needless tragedy starts with Baldwin and works its way backwards.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
Whenever I see a person who makes decisions resulting in them looking like her with the rainbow hair, tats, piercings, etc., I always assume they’re incapable of a good decision making process.
No need for folks like that in my life.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If the armorer knew what they were doing and did the job right, there would be no doubt.

The armorer inspects and loads the gun with what the script calls for, reviews the usage of the gun in that particular scene, and hands the gun to the actor, telling them what condition the gun is in, and offers technical support before the scene is filmed, then take immediate possession of the gun again, after the scene and clears the weapon.

In NO scenario does a competent armorer just roll out a cart of guns and ammo and walk away, to leave Hollywood idiots to do their own firearm handling with a scene.
Bingo!
Of course. The COVID nonsense introduced some quarantine measures that confuse the issue for those easily confused. There are different kinds of prop ammo, maybe 3, but they all are easy to identify. The guns are never to be out of the armorer/prop master's control. She violated that basic rule and failed to verify all ammo herself. All the blame falls on her alone. She had just been fired from another set for safety violations, like firing a loud gun without notifying everyone. There were lethal rounds in the gun belt brought over from that set. There could have been intentional sabotage involved, but with all the carelessness with other live fire it's hard to prove. People want to crucify Baldwin for his unrelated sins, or personality. Problem is, he was only a "producer" in name only to give the film a promotional boost. In fact the entire production outfit was out of Georgia. None of the Producers did anything more than put up money. Georgia hired the girl and bear all liability - legally. But lawfare creates crimes of convenience these days, as we are seeing so often. And there is the feminist angle in a left wing jurisdiction. How to let her off and get Baldwin is the challenge.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Problem is most Hollywood people are not into guns. Most of the people on the campfire are probably like me. If a gun is handed to me, first thing I do is check to see if it is loaded. I remember reading during the first year or two of Blue Blood that Tom Selleck chewed someone out for unsafe gun handling. It did not say if it was another cast member or prop person or what they were doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Of course. The COVID nonsense introduced some quarantine measures that confuse the issue for those easily confused. There are different kinds of prop ammo, maybe 3, but they all are easy to identify. The guns are never to be out of the armorer/prop master's control. She violated that basic rule and failed to verify all ammo herself. All the blame falls on her alone. She had just been fired from another set for safety violations, like firing a loud gun without notifying everyone. There were lethal rounds in the gun belt brought over from that set. There could have been intentional sabotage involved, but with all the carelessness with other live fire it's hard to prove. People want to crucify Baldwin for his unrelated sins, or personality. Problem is, he was only a "producer" in name only to give the film a promotional boost. In fact the entire production outfit was out of Georgia. None of the Producers did anything more than put up money. Georgia hired the girl and bear all liability - legally. But lawfare creates crimes of convenience these days, as we are seeing so often. And there is the feminist angle in a left wing jurisdiction. How to let her off and get Baldwin is the challenge.

You have a partial grip of the situation that occurred, but nowhere near a comprehensive understanding of how the movie industry works, or the various positions and duties within that industry, and an especially a weak understanding of the jobs and responsibilities on the set of a movie where filming is happening.

Covid doesn't confuse the issue nearly as bad as you do.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You should see the crazy looking people who are being hired nowadays to teach children in public schools. It's become a freak show.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by rainshot
If the armorer wasn't there the day of the shooting how can she be held accountable for it? I understand her responsibility is the firearms but who the hell decided to take over her duties?

I'm pretty sure she was on the location. Just not in the place they were filming.

This video was minutes after the shooting.

Wow.

That was less than a favorable impression. She seems like she cares more about her personal embarrassment than she does the dead woman.

I have no idea how the film industry works or who bears most of the blame but she didn’t do herself any favors with her demeanor.

It is a liberal. What did you expect?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The most likely person to have put a live round in the chamber is the evil scum who pulled the trigger.

The rounds in the revolver were supposed to be blanks? Then pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger was dangerous at close range.

Why were any rounds in the revolver?

Were there any fingerprints on the gun or the rounds in the gun?

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
nypost.com

‘Rust’ armorer posed with live rounds in box of blanks on set, jurors hear as trial opens
By Social Links forPriscilla DeGregory
Published Feb. 22, 2024, 4:01 p.m. ET

Damning evidence kicked off the involuntary manslaughter trial against “Rust” armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed Thursday, as jurors reviewed photos of live rounds found on the set.

Special prosecutor Jason Lewis said investigators combed through movie set photos, determining there were six live rounds that circulated the set of the Alec Baldwin-starred western movie — including one displayed in a photo that Gutierrez-Reed took of herself at work.

“There is a live round sitting right on Ms. Gutierrez’s lap and she failed to identify it,” Lewis told the 12 jurors as they were shown the image.

Lewis went on to spell out how Gutierrez-Reed’s alleged negligence and failure to follow standard safety protocols led to the tragic Oct. 21, 2021 shooting of Halyna Hutchins — a Ukrainian-born wife and mother.

Lewis also showed the jury photos of the rounds that cops removed from the set — one of the 37 rounds had a silver bottom, an indication it was a real bullet, he explained.

The fact that not one — but six — live rounds has allegedly made their way onto the set and had been circulating, with one landing in Baldwin’s ammunition bandolier and another ending up in a second actor’s bandolier, “is incomprehensible” when taken against the stringent movie set safety standards, Lewis argued.

“The defendant treated the safety protocols as if they were optional,” Lewis said, noting Gutierrez-Reed, 26, failed to take out and inspect each of the six rounds inside the gun — which was real and not a prop — and that was only supposed to be holding dummy rounds.

“Instead, she cracked open the gun and partially spun the cylinder,” before handing the firearm off to first assistant director David Halls, who then gave it to Baldwin, Lewis claimed.

The brand new gun, made to look like gun from an old western, contained a .45 bullet that killed Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza.

The rookie armorer — who’d only ever held the position one other time — then walked out of the church on the set of the western film that was being shot at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, Lewis described.

Baldwin — who has also been charged with involuntary manslaughter in a separate case — was sitting on a pew bench inside a church rehearsing for an upcoming scene when he held and “manipulated” the gun causing it to fire off a live round that “shot completely through Ms. Hutchins” before landing in Souza’s shoulder, Lewis told jurors.

The onset paramedic attended to the two injured crew members while they waited for emergency responders to reach the remote desert location. After, Hutchins was eventually taken to the hospital by helicopter but she was not able to be revived, Lewis said.

The prosecutor called Gutierrez-Reed — who was 24 at the time — “sloppy” and “unprofessional” and said she “treated the safety protocols as if they were optional.”

She is charged with involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence for allegedly handing off a bag of cocaine to a friend just after she was interviewed by law enforcement.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
It's really hard to believe that with her father being who he is, that she would be so careless. Unless that the entire set was so hap-hazard that they didn't really have her in charge of anything except in title only...

Phil

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wonder if anyone ever really checked up on the victim... born in '79 and no apparent U.S. history until after 2006, she was Ukrainian but raised in Murmansk and whose father was in the Russian Navy. She was schooled and trained in Russia as an investigative journalist. Not a whole lot about her doing a search. Apparently working for a Ukrainian film maker in 2015. Hell, she might have been some kind of hidden Russian asset. Maybe one of Putin's need to get rid of people.

Phil

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
nypost.com

‘Rust’ armorer posed with live rounds in box of blanks on set, jurors hear as trial opens
By Social Links forPriscilla DeGregory
Published Feb. 22, 2024, 4:01 p.m. ET

Damning evidence kicked off the involuntary manslaughter trial against “Rust” armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed Thursday, as jurors reviewed photos of live rounds found on the set.

Special prosecutor Jason Lewis said investigators combed through movie set photos, determining there were six live rounds that circulated the set of the Alec Baldwin-starred western movie — including one displayed in a photo that Gutierrez-Reed took of herself at work.

“There is a live round sitting right on Ms. Gutierrez’s lap and she failed to identify it,” Lewis told the 12 jurors as they were shown the image.

Lewis went on to spell out how Gutierrez-Reed’s alleged negligence and failure to follow standard safety protocols led to the tragic Oct. 21, 2021 shooting of Halyna Hutchins — a Ukrainian-born wife and mother.

Lewis also showed the jury photos of the rounds that cops removed from the set — one of the 37 rounds had a silver bottom, an indication it was a real bullet, he explained.

The fact that not one — but six — live rounds has allegedly made their way onto the set and had been circulating, with one landing in Baldwin’s ammunition bandolier and another ending up in a second actor’s bandolier, “is incomprehensible” when taken against the stringent movie set safety standards, Lewis argued.

“The defendant treated the safety protocols as if they were optional,” Lewis said, noting Gutierrez-Reed, 26, failed to take out and inspect each of the six rounds inside the gun — which was real and not a prop — and that was only supposed to be holding dummy rounds.

“Instead, she cracked open the gun and partially spun the cylinder,” before handing the firearm off to first assistant director David Halls, who then gave it to Baldwin, Lewis claimed.

The brand new gun, made to look like gun from an old western, contained a .45 bullet that killed Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza.

The rookie armorer — who’d only ever held the position one other time — then walked out of the church on the set of the western film that was being shot at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, Lewis described.

Baldwin — who has also been charged with involuntary manslaughter in a separate case — was sitting on a pew bench inside a church rehearsing for an upcoming scene when he held and “manipulated” the gun causing it to fire off a live round that “shot completely through Ms. Hutchins” before landing in Souza’s shoulder, Lewis told jurors.

The onset paramedic attended to the two injured crew members while they waited for emergency responders to reach the remote desert location. After, Hutchins was eventually taken to the hospital by helicopter but she was not able to be revived, Lewis said.

The prosecutor called Gutierrez-Reed — who was 24 at the time — “sloppy” and “unprofessional” and said she “treated the safety protocols as if they were optional.”

She is charged with involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence for allegedly handing off a bag of cocaine to a friend just after she was interviewed by law enforcement.

Guess I’ll throw away all my ammo with Remington primers since isn’t real ammo and only those shells wirh CCI and Winchester primers are live rounds. lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To you who hope a civil suit lands in Baldwin's lap, he already paid the husband of Halyna.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"She is charged with involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence for allegedly handing off a bag of cocaine to a friend just after she was interviewed by law enforcement."

What a classy act. She looked like she was stoned in that video rockinbar posted.

Before this incident Baldwin had a net worth of $63 million. He settled the civil case out of court with the husband of the lady he shot, it was reportedly for $15 million. No doubt Baldwin had a big insurance policy. Let's say his insurance paid $5 million, if Alec had to write a check for $10 million he is still doing OK financially.

If the armorer is convicted and put in prison, will that satisfy the DA, and will she give Baldwin a pass in criminal court?
If the armorer is acquitted, will the DA be even more determined to get a conviction on Baldwin?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Osky
On that particular filming that day there were no overhead booms, racing cars or other vehicles, chainsaws or other tools, pretty much one single potentially deadly item that at least two people we know of handled and nobody took two seconds to open and clear it? No doubt more people had hands on it that day.

In a lot of years of life like most of you I’ve seen a lot of guns cleared in front of people at gun shops, outdoors stores, private gatherings, hunting trips, etc and I have never seen an instance where the receiving person then pointed the gun at another person, nonetheless pulled the trigger.

Responsibility for this needless tragedy starts with Baldwin and works its way backwards.

Osky
You never participated in the filming of a movie either. Obviously you know nothing about anything pertinent to the incident or common practice inside the industry. Go fly a jet.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

696 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 78 invisible), 3,094 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,106
Posts18,483,278
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.