Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by SKane
All of mine have some type of turn and agree with you on the left turn - semi-sneak/left turn is how I'd roll (with offset ears positioned back).

Since I started using this hanging system, it sure takes a lot of head-scratching on turns/positions - you can make about anything work and aren't bound to a specific turn for a specific area on a wall.

https://fullrangesystems.com/products/single-system-1

Nice buck!
Use any of those with mounts with a plaque on the back?

No sir, have not. But the plaque could likely be removed to do so? šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Thanks! And I am sure it could, but not sure I want to do that to the two I have with the plaque. My first buck that my dad had mounted for me and his best. Sentimental thing with those two...

Maybe get the double system and they could be coupled? Have done that with a few.
I guess it depends on the size of the plaque ā€“Ā hanging system is a great space-saver too.

https://fullrangesystems.com/collections/shop/products/double-system

Blacktailer - buck on left is a semi-sneak, left turn (hanging on the full range double system).
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Left turn

L
L
If a buck I kill has something unique I always make that beam the one on the front side of the mount. Have one with a big split ear and did a hard turn so you could see it. Great deer no matter which way you choose to go. The biggest thing for me is taking it to a real taxidermist. I wonā€™t take a deer to a guy that doesnā€™t send the hide to a tannery. Have one mount that Iā€™ve never been happy with from the moment I picked it up. Still not sure what made me think saving 100 or so dollars was a good idea.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
All of mine have some type of turn and agree with you on the left turn - semi-sneak/left turn is how I'd roll (with offset ears positioned back).

Since I started using this hanging system, it sure takes a lot of head-scratching on turns/positions - you can make about anything work and aren't bound to a specific turn for a specific area on a wall.

Nice buck!

No sir, have not. But the plaque could likely be removed to do so? šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Thanks! And I am sure it could, but not sure I want to do that to the two I have with the plaque. My first buck that my dad had mounted for me and his best. Sentimental thing with those two...

Maybe get the double system and they could be coupled? Have done that with a few.
I guess it depends on the size of the plaque ā€“Ā hanging system is a great space-saver too.

Blacktailer - buck on left is a semi-sneak, left turn (hanging on the full range double system).
Those look really cool šŸ˜Ž.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Great thread with lots of first hand info on presentation. Stuff I would never have thought about until you gents pointed it out. Myself I never had the pesos for a full mount or a taxidermist so a couple of skull cap mounts is all I can claim. The only thing I can offer is that Iā€™ve seen lots of terrible work so I do qualify as somebody who knows what they donā€™t want, if ever. My late Brother had a nice Jackalope.

Rick

Last edited by Woodpecker; 01/18/24.
IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Definitely a left turn of your preference, put that drop tine on display

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nice buck!

That double system looks awesome! I have a couple I might do that with, even with different species of deer. Thanks for the suggestion!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Here is a left turn for a similar buck, I have no regrets.
I think these were both semi-uprights, but they came from two different taxidermists with slightly different forms.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by crc1514; 01/23/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
crc1514 - nice bucks!

The one on the left sure looks to have all the makings of a Sunflower State buck??

WWP53D
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
crc1514 - nice bucks!

The one on the left sure looks to have all the makings of a Sunflower State buck??

Yes, both are Kansas rifle bucks. The one on the left was the first deer I ever shot, on my very first deer hunt in 1996. His G2s are as long as he is wide, 12.5ā€. The buck on right is from 2010.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
SKane, That double system is really cool. Thanks for posting. I think I might order one. I have a couple that would look good together.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Left turn, semi sneak pose.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do a search for ā€œthe intimidatorā€ by McKenzie. Itā€™s an offset semi sneak left turn p/n is ASH17B

Attached Images
IMG_0082.jpeg (40.49 KB, 25 downloads)
Last edited by wildone; 02/22/24.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 39 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,126
Posts18,483,824
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.