Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I don’t carry the G3, Honest Outlaw tested the G3c and G2c and both went 1000 rounds without a single problem. I’m not on a tight budget I run what works for me. If I had a need to carry a full size gun it would be one of my M&P’s. But I don’t. I get rid of any gun that doesn’t work. Honest Outlaw has recommended both of the Taurus compacts multiple times. Carry what you are comfortable with, and fit your hand. Many of the guns recommend on this thread don’t fit my hand.
In his most recent video, he did indeed suggest that in his experience it's 99% reliable.

His individual gun may have been, mine’s been 100% reliable. I don’t believe anyone can say that about any manufacturer’s gun, unless and until it’s tested.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
His individual gun may have been, mine’s been 100% reliable. I don’t believe anyone can say that about any manufacturer’s gun, unless and until it’s tested.
He said he tested three. I'm glad, however, that you've experienced enough reliability with yours that you can trust it to go bang.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hardway
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19051253/1

I was carrying a Glock 48 last couple years until Makay started this post.....I shoot it well but realized that the ONLY reason I chose it was because it was 1/8" narrower than a 19..... you could make the "shield arms 15 rd mag" argument but the fact is that they will NEVER be as reliable as a factory Glock mag and also can't accept anything else like a 17, 24, or 33 rd mag.

I went back to a 19 3 months ago and have put about 1200 rounds through it and will never go back. My opinion on the pocket guns is that you just haven't found the right holster for your larger gun.... I just don't see the benefit of a pocket pistol anymore.

pretty much how I see it.my Gen 5 19 is one of my most grabbed carry guns. though i am considering a p365 Macro

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I'm starting to have trouble with my hands. The small 9mms are getting hard to work, currently have a springfield 911. I checked out a glock 43X with night sights the other day realy felt good in the hand. It's bigger, than the mircos. I'm thinking about buying it. Trading for it. Seems like alot of guys like the 43-43x, I'm not a big glock guy but carried a 23 for 9 years, for work never failed me!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
M&P Shield Plus. Totally reliable, good trigger and sights, quite accurate, and a big enough grip with the 13 round mags. Outlaw's pick besides!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by hardway
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19051253/1

I was carrying a Glock 48 last couple years until Makay started this post.....I shoot it well but realized that the ONLY reason I chose it was because it was 1/8" narrower than a 19..... you could make the "shield arms 15 rd mag" argument but the fact is that they will NEVER be as reliable as a factory Glock mag and also can't accept anything else like a 17, 24, or 33 rd mag.

I went back to a 19 3 months ago and have put about 1200 rounds through it and will never go back. My opinion on the pocket guns is that you just haven't found the right holster for your larger gun.... I just don't see the benefit of a pocket pistol anymore.

pretty much how I see it.my Gen 5 19 is one of my most grabbed carry guns. though i am considering a p365 Macro

I am really digging my P365 XMacro Comp. That XMacro or XL-size gun is a sweet spot.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Protects the trigger so gun doesn’t fire in pocket.

[Linked Image from ]
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by MOGC
Sig P365...
+1

DF

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
P365

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have to try the XL, I shot the Macro yesterday, and I like the grip frame on the original P365 better, and I shoot it better. Plus you cannot put the macro in your pocket! I think my next step would be the xl for holster carry.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I love my Kahr CM9
Each time I would find something different I just went back to it
But than I got a P365 and same size twice the capacity
Pretty hard to beat

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bond

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Sig 365. Had a lc9 I bought new. After second or 3rd round , magazine would fall out and hit my boot . Sent it back to Ruger and they fixed it , but couldn’t warm up to it after that .
Love the sig 365 !

C
C
When thinking "small" are you also thinking light weight? I have both a Sig P365 and a Kimber Micro 9! The Sih holds so many rounds, it's far heavier than the Kimber. Also -- the Kimber is noticeably thinner than the Sig, so I carry the Kimber in the summer and the Sig in the winter when I'm wearing heavier clothes!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crockett
When thinking "small" are you also thinking light weight? I have both a Sig P365 and a Kimber Micro 9! The Sih holds so many rounds, it's far heavier than the Kimber. Also -- the Kimber is noticeably thinner than the Sig, so I carry the Kimber in the summer and the Sig in the winter when I'm wearing heavier clothes!

What's the weight difference with the same number of rounds in each? That would be more relevant. BTW - the Micro 9 is also bigger in every dimension than the Kahr CM/PM9, and only .3 oz - three tenths of an ounce - lighter.

Still no reliable 9mm pistol that I know of - and certainly none in any post above other than that which has been reported to have questionable reliability - is smaller than the CM/PM9.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody complains about too much ammo in a gunfight.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
P 365

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC
Nobody complains about too much ammo in a gunfight.

Absolutely true. But that wasn't the question now, was it? Nobody ever complained about having a longer sight radius or less recoil in a gunfight either, I'd bet. laugh

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bugger
Bond

It’s heavy enough you can throw that pos at the bad guys when it jams.

LGS got two of them in when they first came out. Both jammed and were returned within the week.

You’d be better off with a Taurus G3 C.
Or a High Point. 😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I don’t carry the G3, Honest Outlaw tested the G3c and G2c and both went 1000 rounds without a single problem. I’m not on a tight budget I run what works for me. If I had a need to carry a full size gun it would be one of my M&P’s. But I don’t. I get rid of any gun that doesn’t work. Honest Outlaw has recommended both of the Taurus compacts multiple times. Carry what you are comfortable with, and fit your hand. Many of the guns recommend on this thread don’t fit my hand.
In his most recent video, he did indeed suggest that in his experience it's 99% reliable.

My little brother and nephew both live their Taurus G3c

Both have been reliable.

I’ll stick with my Sig P-365 or Springfield Hellcat.
Both are 100 % reliable and very accurate too

I prefer the Hellcat a little more nowadays as it fits my hand better and the magazines are easier to load than the Sig mags.

If folks ARE on a tight budget, I’d recommend the G3c to them, if they ask.

If I carry a “bigger” 9mm, it’s usually my Glock 19X.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (1badf350, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 43 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,641
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.