Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
A .22-250 with a 70gr bullet is about perfect antelope medicine. Antelope are fairly frail for their size , bleed out quick and the thin built for speed structure is easily broken. I have shot some with a .243 and 95 gr bergers that were TOO dead and wasted meat even on clean broadside shots.......

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Nice goat. The stock? Let me guess? Huskies fan?
Not familiar with a 22 BM, CM maybe?
Bet you can tip em at 6 with a 73 or 80 grainer!

Haha, the 24 hr no killin brain trust always cracks me upšŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Anyhow, ya McMillan hunter, not a huskies fan, just liked the idea of a purple color scheme. 8ā€ hart rem sporter, 22ā€, 805 hunter trigger, 22 cm 75 eldā€™s via alpha brass. Love the platform and chambering

I get it, you prolly shoot some critters here and there, but I'll promise you, you haven't even came close to shooting the amount of deer sized game I have. I bet I killed more deer in the past two years than you have in your entire life. As far as a fast twist 22, been there, done that, I prefer 6mm stuff. Your actually cracking me up with your purple stock. That is a real nice color scheme lmao.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ya youā€™re probably right. It sure is tough notchin tags. I buy tags because I like nature, long walks on the beach etc. glad you like the stock.šŸ‘ŠšŸ»

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, Iā€™d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ainā€™t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
At any rate, 22-250 for goats. Yes. Lots of good bullets available.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Itā€™s all about shot placement. A 22-250 with a good bullet will do great.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I was recovering from a neck fusion in 2001. I had a Mod 700 Classic 220 Swift barrel put on a synthetics Mod 7. I had a Sightron compact 2x10 on it and a muzzlebrake. I used the Federal Factory load of Bearclaw 55g. I killed a mule deer buck in Utah and later went to Texas and killed two really big Blackbuck and an axis doe. The wind was my biggest problem! It was the sorriest rifle caliber I ever used in the wind. It was accurate though. For those prairies, I'd have to advise at least a 243. Anything faster is better! 6.5/06 or 6.5 PRC would be awesome out there! Antelope are a great animal to introduce a youngster to hunting. It's not physically challenging like elk hunting or most mule deer hunts. Antelope move all day long, he/she will see lots of game and learn stalking. And antelope are beautiful, they also have what we call "pretty meat". I've just never found a way to cook it so that I and my taste buds could stand! Arrrgh. Phew!

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 02/18/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I was recovering from a neck fusion in 2001. I had a Mod 700 Classic 220 Swift barrel put on a synthetics Mod 7. I had a Sightron compact 2x10 on it and a muzzlebrake. I used the Federal Factory load of Bearclaw 55g. I killed a mule deer buck in Utah and later went to Texas and killed two really big Blackbuck and an axis doe. The wind was my biggest problem! It was the sorriest rifle caliber I ever used in the wind. It was accurate though. For those prairies, I'd have to advise at least a 243. Anything faster is better! 6.5/06 or 6.5 PRC would be awesome out there! Antelope are a great animal to introduce a youngster to hunting. It's not physically challenging like elk hunting or most mule deer hunts. Antelope move all day long, he/she will see lots of game and learn stalking. And antelope are beautiful, they also have what we call "pretty meat". I've just never found a way to cook it so that I and my taste buds could stand! Arrrgh. Phew!
That Bear Claw bullet probably had the B.C. of a 55 gallon barrel.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I canā€™t imagine any bullet out of a 22 cf not working on a antelope personally

Ainā€™t easy havin pals.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I love it when guys respond with how many critters theyā€™ve killed and itā€™s always more than the other guy has ever even seen.

Iā€™ve only killed three antelope and 16 elk, prolly 50 deer, I quit counting. So most of you guys have kilt waaaay more critters than I have.

But still, itā€™s hilarious.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I love it when guys respond with how many critters theyā€™ve killed and itā€™s always more than the other guy has ever even seen.

Iā€™ve only killed three antelope and 16 elk, prolly 50 deer, I quit counting. So most of you guys have kilt waaaay more critters than I have.

But still, itā€™s hilarious.

P

Sure is haha

Ainā€™t easy havin pals.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Iā€™ve only killed three antelope and 16 elk, prolly 50 deer, I quit counting

Braggart

ā€œWhen Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Dutyā€

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
When your accused of being part of the no killing brain trust on 24 hour.....seen alot of stuff killed with various cartridges/loads. I have a pretty dang good idea of what will work and what some of these cartridges are capable of. The state gave me 40 deer tags this year. 37 got filled. I quit counting 20 years ago! When a smart azz pipes up, maybe he should have an idea of who he's talking to.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When your accused of being part of the no killing brain trust on 24 hour.....seen alot of stuff killed with various cartridges/loads. I have a pretty dang good idea of what will work and what some of these cartridges are capable of. The state gave me 40 deer tags this year. 37 got filled. I quit counting 20 years ago! When a smart azz pipes up, maybe he should have an idea of who he's talking to.

https://tenor.com/view/rookie-numbers-gif-26135237

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If someone can fix my post Iā€™d be grateful.

P

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor
Originally Posted by fburgtx
[Linked Image]

As others mentioned, bullet selection is key. This is a 22/250 ā€œvarmint bulletā€, fired into a guyā€™s foot, at point blank range (He carried the gun in the house, and decided to check whether the safety was on, by pulling the trigger with the muzzle pointed down, unfortunately at his foot. The safety was NOT ā€œonā€, and the gun WAS loaded, obviouslyā€¦)

The sole of this manā€™s foot didnā€™t have a mark. No penetration, whatsoever. The xray showed several hundred particles of lead.

Unreal.....

I feel sorry for him!!!

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

https://tenor.com/view/rookie-numbers-gif-26135237

P

Lmao! Well played.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
That Bear Claw bullet probably had the B.C. of a 55 gallon barrel.

Yep, it was even a very "blunt" bullet. Solid killer though. A couple months later, I traded that rifle and $2200 for a 42" Scimitar Horned Oryx to the same Rancher, but used a little 6mm/222 Magnum (AKA 6x47mm) and an 85gr Barnes going 2900 from a 27" barrel. No recoil, but a good killer too. About a short barrel 243 speed. I'm all gristled up now, can shoot a 37mm anti tank round! smile

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor
Originally Posted by fburgtx
[Linked Image]

As others mentioned, bullet selection is key. This is a 22/250 ā€œvarmint bulletā€, fired into a guyā€™s foot, at point blank range (He carried the gun in the house, and decided to check whether the safety was on, by pulling the trigger with the muzzle pointed down, unfortunately at his foot. The safety was NOT ā€œonā€, and the gun WAS loaded, obviouslyā€¦)

The sole of this manā€™s foot didnā€™t have a mark. No penetration, whatsoever. The xray showed several hundred particles of lead.

Unreal.....

I feel sorry for him!!!

Yeah, the only thing Iā€™ve seen close, are ā€œauger to the footā€ injuries. It was a real mess.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Judman
Nice goat. The stock? Let me guess? Huskies fan?
Not familiar with a 22 BM, CM maybe?
Bet you can tip em at 6 with a 73 or 80 grainer!

Haha, the 24 hr no killin brain trust always cracks me upšŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Anyhow, ya McMillan hunter, not a huskies fan, just liked the idea of a purple color scheme. 8ā€ hart rem sporter, 22ā€, 805 hunter trigger, 22 cm 75 eldā€™s via alpha brass. Love the platform and chambering

I get it, you prolly shoot some critters here and there, but I'll promise you, you haven't even came close to shooting the amount of deer sized game I have. I bet I killed more deer in the past two years than you have in your entire life. As far as a fast twist 22, been there, done that, I prefer 6mm stuff. Your actually cracking me up with your purple stock. That is a real nice color scheme lmao.

šŸ‘šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ainā€™t easy havin pals.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 10Glocks, 1minute, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 71 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,535
Posts18,472,769
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.