Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A guy I knew back in Florida- him & his wife text each other 20,000+ times per month. If there's a tiny crisis add 50% to the total.
When they were buying a house it was close to 50,000 text for a couple of months.
You can talk to him and he'll give very short replies- look at his phone and text. He doesn't remember a single thing anyone around him says- it's like he wasn't even there.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB4

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bluefish
Guy needs a GPS to get to work? Then has to let her know he arrived? Don’t worry buddy she only cares the paycheck comes home.
Come on man, he needed to check with her to make sure his balls were still safe in her purse. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/outage-map-att-where-cell-phone-service-down/

I watched the CBS Evening News last night. The lead story was that there were outages yesterday morning for AT&T Iphone customers. They interviewed a 25 year old man on the street, he was frightened, he said he couldn't use his GPS, even worse, he couldn't text his wife and notify her when he got to work.

AT&T has about 100 million cell phone customers. About 100,000 were out of service for several hours. One tenth of one percent of AT&T customers were out of service for 5 hours, and that's the lead story of the national news.
It was news worthy because some are saying it was an attack. Probably by our own gov honestly

My first thought was a system hack by the chicoms as some kind of test run. Our own gubment is also a good possibility.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess nobody saw the prediction that a huge solar flare would probably disrupt electronic communications this week, huh?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
It was a faulty software upgrade on the AT&T side according to AT&T. It also affected more than iPhones. I know in our area it was also Android phones. All of them were down until about noon.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
If my phone was out yesterday , that might explain why I didn't get a bunch of spam calls... I was kind of nice. My son said the DOJ, FBI is looking into it... However, if anything that is found out would hurt Joe Biden,, they would just lie about it anyway..

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I guess nobody saw the prediction that a huge solar flare would probably disrupt electronic communications this week, huh?
I saw it and there were numerous other systems down that they claim would not go down from a solar ejection. Im not an expert by any means, so just sharing what Ive read

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If we don't have people that love America running things soon, things will collapse.

Foreign computer hackers can do about anything. They have already shut down programs and connections used by pharmacies.

Can you imagine millions of Americans that take medication to survive being cut off? You can build a fire if the power goes out. If people can't get heart medication they have no options.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I get by with a plain old style flip phone. I don't want a 'Smart' Phone... it isn't very smart to have one in my opinion.

People ask how I find directions then? Same way I did before we ever had anything like a "Smart' Phone...

If my phone is down due to a system failure, I'm not really out that much.

If we have a national disaster, I can at least still function, because I came from a world before 'Smart' Phones existed.

I don't have a 'Smart' Phone, due to the way everyone else is dependent on them. Its probably the worst "DRUG" our society is addicted too.

A customer texts me with a question, I call them back.. NOT send them a text. A call is personal, a text is just robotic.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
LOOK OUT !

LOOK OUT !

The sky is falling...

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by asheepdog
It should happen more often, I enjoy the peace.

Yep
It was nice and quiet at the house yesterday[none of the wife's cousins calling her per normal], we had a pleasant morning with our coffee before work.

And we both somehow were able to make it to work without incident even though GPS wasn't an option.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many businesses rely heavily on cell phones to communicate with their employees; crews on the job, drivers, customers. When the tower goes out in this valley, and it does several times a year, our alarm systems go down which means someone gets to stay at the farm to watch for trouble and I’ve got to communicate with customers and the office via email from the house. Not the end of the world, but disruptive.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A lot of ELDs use the AT&T network for telematics. Lots of drivers yesterday left without an ELD that was usable, to include GPS.

Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
They interviewed a 25 year old man on the street, he was frightened, he said he couldn't use his GPS, even worse, he couldn't text his wife and notify her when he got to work.

The modern dependence on technology is a travesty. This little incident just shows how you could easily cripple a nation.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Affected me none what so ever, I don’t own one of the useless contraptions.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Looked like the outage was confined to a few areas. Didn't effect my area. Time without cell service is quality time, enjoy!!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looks like all the illegals, they show on the news, have one. If those sob's were hurting so badly, or seeking asylum, you'd think they would be crossing the border in rags.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rainshot
Technology has degraded our culture. People do not read anymore.
BOOM!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by rainshot
Technology has degraded our culture. People do not read anymore.
BOOM!

What's the difference between reading on paper and on a screen? Information transfer is just that, regardless of method - is it not?

I mean, pamphlets during the 18th century, not full books or newspapers - I'd assume to appeal to what they felt were shortening attention spans and likely the cost of printing. But none the less - information transfer.

Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
This is te first I've heard of it. I was at my gunsmiths yesterday ordering a barrel for a donor I just bought.

MOLON LABE
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,948
Posts18,480,351
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.