Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by jetjockey
So, if he did nothing wrong, and the courts are just out to get him, why the need to lie? If the media is correct, why would Allen Weisselberg need to negotiate a perjury plea with prosecutors for lies during his two days of testimony?

Also, if it’s just bad judges and prosecutors, why did a jury find Trump guilty of sexually assaulting E Jean Carroll and awarding her $5 million? Why did a totally separate jury find him guilty of defaming her and awarding her $83 million?

In Georgia, not exactly a liberal blue state, another totally separate Grand Jury recommended charges against Trump and 38 others, of which Fani Willis decided to charge 19 people. Bash Willis all you want, but in order to get to Willis, it had to go through a Grand Jury first……A Grand jury of our peers, which saw the evidence, recommended bringing charges to 39 people. That’s not liberal judges or prosecutors. That’s regular US citizens who saw the evidence! See, this is how our court system works, and while not perfect, it works pretty darn well. Eventually you have to ask yourself if ALL of these Judges, ALL of these prosecutors, and ALL of these juries are in cahoots, how in the hell did not one single person come out with the cliff notes of how all of these people were going to work together to doom Trump? Do you ever look in the mirror, at Trump's past and history, and say, “Ya, where there’s smoke there’s fire?” All these people can’t be working together in perfect harmony.

Ham phuqing sandwich

Thank you for stating the obvious.

This tool has obviously never experienced our legal system.

Montana MOFO

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hicountry
"The Epoch Times headline in your “NYC Out of Control” post calls the dollar part of the verdict against the Trumps a “penalty.” It has also been called a “fine,” but I haven’t yet seen it called “damages” in a headline. I think Hochul, Engoron, and James know that the amount was based on a damage assessment and calculation that may not hold up. New York Executive Law § 63(12) clearly reads that the attorney general “may apply…for an order…directing restitution and damages…”. [Emphasis mine.]

New York proved math calculations, not actual damages, where the damaged party had to be made whole. Had the statute recited a list of fines, they’d probably be in a more sound position, but their position now is what I would call “too dicey for comfort.” I would seize nothing in this situation because there are too many cases of improper seizures to worry about. The verdicts against those who seize property in error or improperly or hastily in a flawed or tainted case are many times larger than the amount of the money judgment used to seize and sell the property of the defendant.

Furthermore, if New York has someone running the Trump businesses, and should he or she destroy or damage the businesses, the state could be liable for many, many times the amount of the verdict/judgment against the Trump family. Trump could wind up seizing the state capitol, the governor’s residence, etc., plus having his property returned to him. I’ve seen this happen. Once, the State of Louisiana overreached, and once, the U.S. government was a litigant against a billionaire oil man, banker, and friend who could not get the IRS to return his multi-million dollar overpayment of taxes. He finally had enough, and he seized the Hale Boggs Federal Court Building. He got his money a day later.

Perhaps by dancing around exactly what legal principle the amount of the money verdict/judgment is based on (i.e., damages, fines, penalties [i.e., a payment imposed as punishment], whatever), the Hochul, Engoron, James enterprise has walked into a trap. The Eighth Amendment prohibits excessive fines. If they maintain the amount is absolutely based on the principle of damages, how can they show a diminution of the state being “whole” (or “wholeness” if you will) owing to Trump’s actions with third parties. If they maintain the amount of the verdict/judgment is based on a properly enacted and published fine or penalty, then they must face the Eighth Amendment.

In my opinion, Hochul, Engoron, and James are whistling past the graveyard. They have put their careers on the line, and the dice are tumbling."

Thank you.

This gem is one of the reasons I read 24HCF.

You can really learn from those that know.

All the while be entertained and simultaneously disgusted by those that don't know but FEEL that they do.

Montana MOFO
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Know nothin bout NY law.

.gov ain't liable for any damages, less it's a dead boon.

Anybody can appeal, without payin the judgment.

If ya *do* pay the judgment, ya can't appeal.

Postin bond in the amounta the judgment, prevents collection of the judgment whilst on appeal.

The court of appeals can set a bond amount that is less than the judgment, dependin on how crooked they are.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Well, I’m sure this will all be overturned on appeal then, so no big deal and nothing to worry about. This will turn out to be just like the settlement Trump agreed to when he committed fraud with his university, and it will be overturned………………. Oh wait! 🤣

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't seen this mentioned here on this thread, and Y'all seem to forget that the left impeached President Trump for saying that the DOJ should take a look at Hunter Biden's dealing in the Ukraine. The DOJ is as crooked as they come, from top to bottom and should be defunded. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Trump has a history of not paying

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
And the settlement he agreed to when he admitted to misusing funds from the Trump Foundation. I’m sure that will be overturned as well……. Oh wait! 🤣

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Jetboi you had ur coughee yet

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Jetboi you had ur coughee yet

Got my coffee, Irish cream, and I’m sitting on my patio under the heaters watching the deer and elk play. Not a cloud in the sky. It’s going to be a great day!!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by BooBear
Trump has a history of not paying

Not this Time Poo

Our Use Farm Equipment is Up and Running towards Him with plenty of Bailing Wire ..

This is a Litmus Test for Emanuel

If He doesn’t pay up to proceed as NY Bolshevik Law Applies then it would appear Emanuel is a Trojan Horse in a Counter Mind Circus..

IC B3

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

371 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 38 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,597
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.