Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
All of Mule Deer's books. All of Leenie3Freezer's books (alias Mrs Mule Deer)
25% off? That's like $8 off the price of the Gun Gack books, $6.60 off Slice of the Wild--the best bullet to fork wild game cookbook around. And The Wild Bowl? You save over $7. And it's still February. At our house that means there's still at least 6 more weeks of soup and chili weather ahead. (And over 25 chili recipes in The Wild Bowl.)

100 recipes in each of those cook books, plus lots of detailed how-to pages with lots of photos. New hunter, veteran hunter, we all need a new recipe now and then!

Click Here Enter Sale in the coupon box when checking out.

On appetites: "If I had to wait until I was hungry to eat, I'd never eat."
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I recently ordered Gun Gack IV and a couple cookbooks, now anxiously waiting for them to arrive! Only GG was for me, the others will be auction donations for a couple groups I am involved with. From my past experiences, I figure the latter should generate some sales on other books.

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Thank you Woodmaster! I hope they bring in lots of money for your favorite conservation groups.

L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
One thing I forgot to mention with that post about the 25% off sale--if you're not fond of the internet, you can call me too: the number is 406-521-0273. I can take your credit card or give you an address to send a check. (And I'll set the book aside for you.) Just don't call before I've had my second cup of coffee. (Mule Deer's the early riser in our house and, even when I do show up in the kitchen, he says I'm 'stunned' by awakening. True, too.)

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Quick question,

Do you have a waterfowl cookbooks? I don't recall seeing one specifically for them but recall reading of you guys hunting waterfowl for recipes.

FWIW, I made a double batch of Mexican lasagna to day. Most of it will be frozen for future meals but some is going to a friend. This is my second favorite lasagna recipe after the one from the Irma Hotel in Cody, Wyoming.

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Ducks Unlimited assigned Eileen to write one, so along with our regular Montana waterfowling we also did a fall hunt in Alberta and a spring snow-goose hunt in South Dakota. Duck & Goose Cookery appeared in 2001, and sold so well neither we or DU have any new copies anymore. But she picks up used if they're in decent shape, and right now has one she'd ship for $23. If interested you can e-mail her at riflesandrecipesgmail.com.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
L
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Quick question,

Do you have a waterfowl cookbooks? I don't recall seeing one specifically for them but recall reading of you guys hunting waterfowl for recipes.

FWIW, I made a double batch of Mexican lasagna to day. Most of it will be frozen for future meals but some is going to a friend. This is my second favorite lasagna recipe after the one from the Irma Hotel in Cody, Wyoming.

Aside from the Duck & Goose Cookery book, there are duck and goose recipes in The Wild Bowl, Tenderize the Wild, Stalking the Wild Jerky and Sausage Season. Those books are about half big game meat recipes, and half the many other animals we hunt, including pigs, bear and birds--both upland and water fowl. To find if one of those books would suit you, go to that book's page, scroll down just below the 'add to cart' button and you'll see three tabs: one is for the table of contents/list of recipes in the book. Here's the link to Tenderize the Wild: Marinades, Brines and Rubs: https://www.riflesandrecipes.com/product/tenderize-the-wild-marinades-brines-rubs/

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
tag

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GG IV ordered, thank you.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bugger,

Thanks for your order, especially since every book provides me some exercise. It was among several I packd to the PO today--just before going on my daily hike with Lena the Labrador....

John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
The sale continues through tomorrow at midnight.

Again, thanks to all who've ordered!

John Steinbeck

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 42 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,238
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.