-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anker power banks, 50 bucks, enough juice to charge my iPhone 11, 5 times.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oklahomahunter
https://www.amazon.com/35800mAh-Wireless-Waterproof-Flashlights-Compatible/dp/B08BZ83FD1/ref=mp_s_a_1_23?crid=19AL6KME5ILGR&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.6Pzxo0LRMpKiN7xSoznRV2bVGZAG4DIGJNHaKwXVM_BmVy44nRyxRZ0-Lv5ahBSOzPZJYKSD0-3eBWnoEruhOLQDgpoyZROyhE8xUi5u-dWmAFAnGdCqqYpCzQVSiTdEyFg2wfq7E8LjxsP5X4sMwqIBcL9Qj0F22PUzsdsdClYamp_kp35gyox8xdn-XyRkdhPxdI8E2khtsAVHdtYUGA.whxBqLA72rDDCgjShn4yjMBAsdgcwkdT6faUf5IKMNc&dib_tag=se&keywords=solar+power+bank+portable+charger&qid=1708837143&sprefix=solar+power+%2Caps%2C534&sr=8-23

This is a lot like the one I have.

Let's shorten that and make it clickable:

https://www.amazon.com/35800mAh-Wireless-Waterproof-Flashlights-Compatible/dp/B08BZ83FD1/

smile

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FU8RBP...mFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1.

Skeptical as heck, but it seem cool.
Pretty expensive charger.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 02/25/24.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Contact tech support at Royal Dutch Shell…

Right.

He can easily figure it out. Just wants to humble brag about his trip when he could have just brought it up without the pretext.

well this IS a hunting forum, and Ed did put in many hard years working in order to be able to do these kinds of hunting trips.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FU8RBP...mFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1.

Skeptical as heck, but it seem cool.
Pretty expensive charger.
For a lot less money, you can get a half dozen CAMERA batteries that will take a couple thousand top quality photos.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whatever you decide, try it at home ( as long as your trip ) before you leave to make sure it will do what you want.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
8 million retard posts and you hens flip chit at Ed for asking a legitimate question.

We're all not as tech savvy as some of you nerds.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by EdM
I am heading to Alaska on a remote hunt later this year and would like to be able to keep my phone charged for the duration. Obviously there will be no connectivity but photo taking and maybe a solitaire download to play. Any recommendations?
I carry a couple fo 20,000 whatever the abreviation is for those amps batteries from Walmart. I rarely go through more than 2 in a month in the bush. But I sleep rather than play games on a phone. Its used to run my Garmin and for mapping checks mostly.

I do carry a solar panel as backup, but last fall you would have never gotten much use..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SamOlson
8 million retard posts and you hens flip chit at Ed for asking a legitimate question.

We're all not as tech savvy as some of you nerds.

I know, it’s funny isn’t it.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RupertBear
Get a forking camera and leave the bloody phone behind.
RB
Phone cameras are so good these days. We rarely see anyone carry a real camera. Just larger, heavier, different batteries. More junk basically. If you have ever been in a super cub size and weight getting to camps is an issue for sure in Alaska and anywhere you carry stuff on your back and in a small plane.

I am constantly trying to find things that do double duty and slim down both size and weight.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
a few years ago I got my kids a battery bank that was the size of a thick smartphone that was capable of jumping a car battery - came with jumper clips, and charged with a micro USB adapter. it has a USB port for phone charging, so I got one for myself and started carrying it on trips. Now every car has one under the seat continually charging when we drive the cars.

No shortage of good ones out there that will charge a phone multiple times in the $30ish range

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by RupertBear
Get a forking camera and leave the bloody phone behind.
RB
Phone cameras are so good these days. We rarely see anyone carry a real camera. Just larger, heavier, different batteries. More junk basically. If you have ever been in a super cub size and weight getting to camps is an issue for sure in Alaska and anywhere you carry stuff on your back and in a small plane.

I am constantly trying to find things that do double duty and slim down both size and weight.

Exactly. Cameras on the newer iPhones are so good the pictures hurt your eyes. Another big advantage to the phone is you can Bluetooth to your Delorme. Then you can text on your phone without having to use the [bleep] system they have on the unit I always give my wife the courtesy of a check in a few times a day so she doesn’t get stressed when I am gone for extended periods of time.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Ok my north slope caribou/ grizzly hunt i got stuck an extra 7 days due to weather..i went through all of my battery packs(4). Between reading on my kindle app and texting- checking weather on my Zoleo i burned through them all. The day i got picked up i didn't know the plane was coming.

Solar was a complete waste.

On my goat hunt last year i took 6 battery packs. I only used 1 as the weather was much better and i got picked up after only a 2 day delay. Solar might have worked on that hunt as i was in short sleeves the whole time.
If you can't bring them with you i will let you use as many as you want when you come through. Just let me know.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good luck on your hunt, EdM. I look forward to some pics.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck Ed.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Ok my north slope caribou/ grizzly hunt i got stuck an extra 7 days due to weather..i went through all of my battery packs(4). Between reading on my kindle app and texting- checking weather on my Zoleo i burned through them all.

What battery packs?

A single Shargeek 100 (25,600 mAh) will charge an iPhone about 6 times from dead to full.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My family has had good luck with the Anker brand power banks. Someone gave me a solar rechargeable like the one Cheesy linked. It takes a long time to charge up using solar energy and I just don't know about the quality enough to use it as a primary in a remote area. Someone also gave me a rechargeable Ocoopa hand warmer that I used last hunting season that also doubles as a power bank.

Another thing I like is a single USB charging cable that will work with lightning, micro and USB type C devices. This allows me to recharge batteries with charging ports for my rechargeable flashlights. I hate traveling with multiple cables and adapters.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/native...pe-c-cable-zebra/6394136.p?skuId=6394136

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
I am heading to Alaska on a remote hunt later this year and would like to be able to keep my phone charged for the duration. Obviously there will be no connectivity but photo taking and maybe a solitaire download to play. Any recommendations?

One more data point. My experience is a newer iphone (new battery) holds a longer charge than an older one.

if your phone is more than 2 years old, or is at 50/60% at the end of a day, might want to get new phone before the trip?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get a couple of the Anker or Shargeek (north of 20k mAH) packs and you should be covered.

What's oftentimes overlooked is the settings on the phone;

Turn down display brightness and lessen screen time-out settings.
And of course, turn off cellular data, wifi and bluetooth so it's not searching for a signal.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (219DW, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 51 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,287
Posts18,505,178
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.