Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Sheister: I love my Leica laser rangefinders (have two of them). Last year one of my Hunting partners bought a Leupold laser rangefinder and it worked well for us on an Antelope Hunt.
Good luck with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
the sig Kilo I have is faster and smaller than the Leica it replaced, And was about 1/4 the price.....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wyoming260
the sig Kilo I have is faster and smaller than the Leica it replaced, And was about 1/4 the price.....

Wait until you have to use their warranty. I’d also have to see that sig out do a Leica.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by wyoming260

Wait until you have to use their warranty. I’d also have to see that sig out do a Leica.

+1

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
While I’m a die hard fan of my Leica CRF the current crop of rangefinders is really amazing compared to the big brick of a Bushnell 400 that I started with years ago. I have see the new sig it’s very nice - my cousin just got one & couldn’t wait to show me. We compared looking & ranging neighbors place 1000+ yards away. His reticle is brighter & cooler but not faster and the glass isn’t as good. Oh this is his 2nd Sig in the time I’ve owned 1 Leica - the first wore out.

But if I couldn’t afford one & needed to buy the cheapest Athlon it would still be light years ahead of the rangefinders of 15 years ago. I thought my Nikon 800 was fantastic then & it’s not remotely in the league of new bargain rangefinders.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If my 19 year old Leica Rangemaster 1200 ever dies I will very likely buy another Leica. Money well spent. My other hunting buds have all had to buy several RFs over years. Rough use during long seasons every year. Rubber case is looking bad but it just keeps ranging every time.
Dont know if it matters but I take the battery out and clean it up after the season ends. Put a new battery in at the beginning of the season.
Never had a battery go dead during a hunt or season yet. Maybe I dont know what i’m missing not upgrading to a newer model.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I went through the same decision process and settled on a Maven RF.1 as the quality and price point I was comfortable with for a toy I won't use every day.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve owned and used RFs from many brands, including Bushnell, Leica, Sig, Leupold, Zeiss, Swaro, Nikon, and probably others that I don’t recall at the moment. The RF performance of the Bushnell and Leica have been the best, followed by Zeiss and Swaro. My RF experience with Leup, Sig, and Nikon was mediocre. I owned a few Sig 2000 and 2200 units, and none of them would even come close to their ratings on objects in the field. Bushnell would range trees and rocks beyond their stated ratings, but the glass was not great. The Leicas, including the LRF 1200, a couple of Geovids, and a couple of CRFs have ranged reliably, including on trees and rocks beyond their stated ratings, in good conditions, and the glass is excellent. I did need to use Leica’s warranty service once, and while the experience wasn’t great, I did end up satisfied in the end.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've used RF's from several different brands including Leica, Leupold, Swaro, Sig, and Vortex. I've had trouble with all of them, mainly losiing their display or RF being jacked up except for the Vortex as I've only had the Fury AB's for about a year and a half. IMHO, since they're all Chinese electronics (no matter the brand), I'd get the one with the best warranty as you'll likely need it at some point. If you don't consider yourself lucky.

I have a WILD M41 rangefinder that is Swiss made with no electronics at all and has worked perfectly for more than 25 years with no issues !!!!!
only problem is that it wont fit in your pocket or your backpack but will fit in the bed of your truck.

Last edited by boatanchor; 02/25/24.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (1OntarioJim, 41rem, 16penny, 35, afisher, 11 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,494
Posts18,472,105
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.