Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
When I get on the highway, any highway, I'm going 90. It's hard to kill people going in a straight line.
What do you do when you get behind someone like me? Our Interstate speed limit is 75, I drive about 70 to 73. When I overtake an 18 wheeler going slightly slower than me I will kick it up to about 76 or 77 but it takes a little while to get around if there are 2 of them.
I certainly hope that if you're going 70-73 in a 75 zone that you're doing it in the right lane.
Certainly, but to get around an 18 wheeler you have to use the left lane. Generally on 2 lane roads if I see an 18 wheeler steaming up behind me and closing fast I just get on the shoulder and let him go. I have to turn left off of a federal highway onto a gravel road to get to my cow pasture. If I have traffic behind me and oncoming traffic I pull off on the right at an abandoned store until the traffic clears. People are out there with schedules to meet, I understand that.

But I'm not too concerned about someone wanting to go 90 when I'm already slightly over the speed limit.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How about 112 in a 55? Pretty good fine even back in 1983 when I was 18. I was going 125 and slowed down......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Too bad he didn't roll it and kill himself.

There are lots of Youtube videos about cops catching speeders driving cars with the trunk full of drugs or even a dead body on occasion. Most criminals get caught 'cause they do dumb things and fail to embrace the 7 Ps.

The thing about recreational street drugs is that nobody dies when they choose not to take them. One way to look at drug OD deaths is that they are just one way that nature uses of cleansing the gene pool.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
When I get on the highway, any highway, I'm going 90. It's hard to kill people going in a straight line.
What do you do when you get behind someone like me? Our Interstate speed limit is 75, I drive about 70 to 73. When I overtake an 18 wheeler going slightly slower than me I will kick it up to about 76 or 77 but it takes a little while to get around if there are 2 of them.
I certainly hope that if you're going 70-73 in a 75 zone that you're doing it in the right lane.
Certainly, but to get around an 18 wheeler you have to use the left lane. Generally on 2 lane roads if I see an 18 wheeler steaming up behind me and closing fast I just get on the shoulder and let him go. I have to turn left off of a federal highway onto a gravel road to get to my cow pasture. If I have traffic behind me and oncoming traffic I pull off on the right at an abandoned store until the traffic clears. People are out there with schedules to meet, I understand that.

But I'm not too concerned about someone wanting to go 90 when I'm already slightly over the speed limit.

Turns out that way sometimes, but that will cause accidents in certain cases.

I'll just speed up and pass the semis faster than a couple of miles an hour over the speed limit. Then again, it's a bit different out here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I was being conservative doing 105 on I10 and a cop passed me, huh!

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ive gotten a $218 ticket in 1998 New Orleans for doing 40 in a 30 on a 4 lane boulevard. Got another for doing 74 in a 70 in Opelousas La on I49. That one got fixed so I don't know what the fine should of been.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I normally do so in the left (passing) lane. If some one is going faster and coming up on me, I move over so they can pass. If I'm coming up on someone going slower, I slow down so they have time to get over. If they don't I go around them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The object is not to shut the drug trade down but to show us suckers paying the bill to pat Leo on the back.

Shutting the drug.and human trafficking schiett show down is real easy. Just ask Xi.
/\ /\ /\ THIS IS TRUTH!
The “war on drugs” is just another hoax that allows the government to control and spy on people without upsetting them!
Between this and 911, 2001, it has allowed the governments power over us to grow exponentially!

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My younger brother, now deceased Cancer, was stopped by Dallas PD in about 1980 or so. Cop was sitting on freeway overpass when my brother saw him. Cop said he clocked him at 112 w his brake lights on!! Saturday nite about 2:30 am when bars closed. He was in my car.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
The cruise control on my Ram 3500 only works up to 85 mph and it has a 98mph speed limiter.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Above 70 on my pickup, the fuel gauge moves faster than the speedometer.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always figured I could easily run drugs and never be looked at.
Dependable family vehicle, I'm clean cut, no tats, no piercings, white, can
speak reasonably well. Just keep 5 over the limit and roll. Be sure to rest enough
to be on your game.

That was 30 years ago.

Now 55, with my wife in her mini van?
🤭🤭🤭

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I'll bet that guy is #1 on the shipper's hit list- - - - -losing that much product would be an instant death sentence- - - - -especially while pulling a dumbazz stunt like speeding!
Most likely going to Federal Prison good chance that death sentence could happen plenty gang members in there.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have run most of my vehicles up to the shutoff speed. Where the limit was 55 in the hills north of town.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Does 130 in a 60 qualify? Nearly ran over the hot rod Harley.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
People doing a 100 or 110 is not uncommon when going south on I 5 in California...

I've been down there running 85 or so and have had people fly be me doing at least 20 to 25 faster than me...
That has been on I 5 usually. Down around LA its even more common.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I can’t imagine any American male that hasn’t broke 110 in a vehicle on a highway at some point.

We just don’t all have a bunch of meth.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Seafire
People doing a 100 or 110 is not uncommon when going south on I 5 in California...

I've been down there running 85 or so and have had people fly be me doing at least 20 to 25 faster than me...
That has been on I 5 usually. Down around LA its even more common.....

My friend and old college roommate got a felony speeding ticket and went to jail for doing over 150 mph on I5. They were even trying to go after him for evading but the one of the officers that pulled him over said he thought that he really didn't see the police lights because they were too far behind him. My friend said at that speed he was too busy looking forward and didn't see the cops until the road block in front of him.

He was on a new triumph 955 mortercycle he'd just bought and said he was trying to find where the speed governor was set when he did it.

I did something almost as stupid a few years ago in a new Nissan gtr redline edition that my wife's uncle let me borrow. That car was crazy fast and I'd likely still be in jail if I would have got caught.

Bb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've had my fill of low and fast, thank you. Even on that 80 mph stretch of I-15, I seldom exceed 72. As mentioned, above that costs more gas than it saves time. Many's the time I've been blown by only to see the very same car parked at the truck stop I pull into.

I'm strictly a right lane guy, and I spend a lot of time watching the rear mirrors. I got one speeding ticket almost exactly 60 years ago. And that was a small town revenue trap.

Always thought that a guy who will break some laws will break others: Fishing license, bag limit, trespassing, maybe some sticky fingers.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The saying "don't do illegal stuff while doing illegal stuff" comes to mind. I'm generally a "set the cruise at +5" kinda guy.

Me

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1234, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,528
Posts18,491,150
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.