Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by smokepole
Mine has been in place 20 years this May

You gonna get it an anniversary present?

What could a guy get for a 20th anniversary gut repair?

Fried jalapeno poppers.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Had inguinal hernia surgery a year ago by a Dr in Cleveland Oh that only does hernia surgery. Uses what he calls a shouldice method, no mesh. Did a lot of research on the topic and decided to go to him because of all the complications I read about from the mesh. He told me very few health insurance's cover his surgery,mine of course didn't so I had to pay it out of pocket. I was back to working a blue collar job in 6 days. Besides numbness around the incision I have had zero issues. Wondering if the numbness is normal for anyone else?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Had the mesh done about 10 years ago.
Have had no real problems, but at times can tell where it was.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I had an inguinal hernia repair with mesh done on my right side in July of 1999. I was fine until sometime around 2015, I started having pain in that area extending up to my ribs. Doctors here locally and at UVA said they couldn't do anything for me surgically. I finally found a doctor atVCU in Richmond who listened to everything I said and was willing to perform surgery on me. She went in and found that my old mesh had failed, she put in new mesh and also deadened some nerves. I stayed in the hospital overnight, the worst part of the whole thing was the ride back, it was snowing as we left Richmond at rush hour - and my wife was driving. She scares the hell out of me when it's 75 and the sun is shining. Recovery was a breeze compared to the first time and I felt relief immediately. Then a year and a half later I had total hip replacement on the same side, the combination of the bad hip and the old hernia had been the cause of my pain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine has been in place 20 years this May

You gonna get it an anniversary present?

What could a guy get for a 20th anniversary gut repair?

Fried jalapeno poppers.

I like those a lot

I'll start celebrating early

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a major hernia repair last year from a previous incision. Had a big 6” scar from when the removed part of my pancreas….. developed a big ole bubble right in the middle of the incision about 6 months after the first surgery….. I had it repaired at Stanford with the mesh via the DaVinci robot…. Only 4 little incisions from the robot and probably the worst fuggin pain and recovery of my life. It was probably a full 6 months before I felt “normal” and it’s still just a little tender.

I think that robot [bleep] looks better because the incisions are smaller but I think they get those probes under your skin and just destroy your fuggin muscles…. Like they stir up everything moving them around to different positions while using the same entry point.

It was a same day surgery but it got so bad I didn’t make it 12 hours after we got home and my wife called an ambulance …. It’s been my only time ever in an ambulance and I’ve shattered my hip, had a compound tibia fracture, tore up my knee, collar bone, multiple broken arms and all kinds of other crap lol.

Long winded, but anything to do with the stomach/ab muscles is miserable…. Makes it hard to even breathe….. I’d call a doctor and have em do an X-ray or CT to make sure everything is good 👍🏻

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 50 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.