D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I thought squirel are game animals in all of USA

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you think the squirrels are bad, wait until the birds find the peaches.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Pears sent.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Over the last 25 years I have found and blocked [with boards and sheet rock screws] 50 places where Douglas Fir squirrels gnawed their way into my house to store philberts [hazelnuts].

The solution was to buy a trap
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BPAVCG
And bait it with shelled peanuts with peanut butter on the outside of the shells.

Once they are in the trap, you can shoot them with a pellet gun, and they stop gnawing.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
erickg ^^^^^^for the win. #110 conibear.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Spray the trees with DDT, squirrels hate that !

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
#6 shot does wonders

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hide the can opener...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I haven’t read all the replies yet but has anyone mentioned napalm?…..😀

Plant almonds and peanuts instead of peaches and you’ll never have problems with squirrels in your peaches again.
Good approach. I would recommend pecan trees and increase squirrel population. Damn good eating. For protection of the peach tree, a rat Terrier works.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Then Wabi you could have fried squirrel for dinner with peach cobbler for desert! Enjoy!

IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Skirrel gravy mmmmm

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Have you tried an owl ? A plastic owl decoy up a 15-20ft pole will shy off a lot of critters.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Then Wabi you could have fried squirrel for dinner with peach cobbler for desert! Enjoy!
Originally Posted by Alan_
.20 caliber beeman r1 problem solved.[quote=earlybrd
Skirrel gravy mmmmm

Last edited by Tminc; 02/26/24.

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
After 45 years with the local power company, I can tell you they rarely escape a good solid dose of voltage. Get an electric fence setup & modify it to fit your application.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
A Have a Heart trap baited with corn will catch them easy. Relocate them wherever you want. I have relocated 6 this past month. I relocate them to an area that I like to hunt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nothing short of death will discourage them long-term. I usually spend the morning on the deck with my coffee and chase them off by clapping my hands and shouting “NO!”. Sometimes I have to get up and start towards them. All in all though, the losses to my very-productive Elberta tree are minimal and tolerable. It produces so many that we can’t eat them all in a year, and we freeze, dry, juice, and make leather. The newest tree on the other side of the house is a Redhaven, and is just getting started. They get most of those. I may net it this year since it’s still small.

I feed the squirrels and birds: corn, black oil seed, and peanuts. Many of the squirrels and bluejays come to my whistle and even uncalled will approach me looking for a handout. One even follows me and waits while I go into the garage for peanuts. One in particular, Jack, short for Jackass, comes up on the deck and eats peanuts right next to my chair. The little bastard is very particular, often rejecting the first couple or three until one meets his approval.

I expect a real struggle this year to keep any nuts from my three native hazelnut bushes. Just got a few last year from the first crop. They’re still small enough to easily net, so I’ll do that. Looks like there may be a good many. They’re netted right now to protect the catkins that pollenate the female flowers. The deer will hit those hard otherwise.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My mentor in this was Lou Crosley, Powell's brother. He retired early from Crosley (radios, autos, fridges) and found a small plot in their native College Hill and became an organic farmer. He had an orchard with all manner of fruit trees. His plot was next to my grandfathers house. He and I were best buddies from age 3 on.

Lou would take sewer tile (4inch PVC would do now) and strap it to a horizontal limb and then place a combination of D-Con rat poison and suet in the pipe. It did a pretty good job of keeping the squirrels out.

It was fun growing up with a guy like that. Next to the orchard was the test plot for the Cincinnati Reds. The ground crew would come out and plant whatever seed they were experimenting with and I got to play on Cincinnati Reds turf.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you can't shoot em, can't trap em then this [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Dons99; 02/26/24.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Perhaps Peaches could just keep her legs together.

Just that^^^

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I net my peach tree. The squirrels get in and go crazy trying to get out. Its fun watching them get tangled up and untangling themselves.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (907brass, 300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, artur, 260Remguy, 8 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,405
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.