Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Good post, flint.

Nobody wants their currency…. So they will just make everyone use it.. the world won’t have a choice.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yep,we should send them some of these illegal invaders as thanks.

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by poboy
Trump had China by the ying-yang, so the dems/political elites/deep state released a
biological weapon. Nobody did a damn thing about it.

they wont the next time either

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Dillonbuck carries the discussion to it's logical point. The elephant in the room...what will Xi do with his back against the wall...how desperate will the central govt be to hold on to power? The Chinese economy is a house of cards and the wind is starting to blow. Even the South China Daily (CNN of the Party) is now admitting there is a "slowdown" in manufacturing. I guess you can call it a slowdown when factories are shut and millions of workers are fleeing the cities to return to their home provinces. The much ballyhooed 'Belt and Road' investment has turned out to be a money pit...the host countries are defaulting at a rate the Chinese never saw coming.
China is in trouble, the question is, how will they react? Will they attempt to dominate the countries bordering the petroleum lifeline, the Hormuz and the Malacca Strait and South China Sea?
Everybody is hyperventilating over the invasion of Taiwan...I just don't see that as a solution to China's currency/energy problem. Sure, the Taiwan industrial base would be a huge plus for China...but it would be questionable how soon after an invasion they could get it up and running again, depending on the reaction of the Taiwanese (scorched earth?)...my guess is years. And then never forget the ability of communists to screw up something that actually works and produces a net profit.
The tiger has sharp claws, but it is old and rotten and cannot fight a sustained battle far from it's den.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's lot's of other problems around the Chinese financial markets -- Remember the much ballyhooed "Belt and Road program"? The Chinese "partnered" with countries to build infrastructure projects. Last I checked, more than 70% of those project loans are now in default. Instead of building a Chinese sphere of influence, it has become a huge strain on international relationships, as well as a huge money pit with no chance of getting repaid.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s my understanding that Taiwan is committed to China not taking it. Or getting anything worthwhile if they do. Plans are in place to eliminate the chip manufacturing facilities before they would get captured.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
It’s my understanding that Taiwan is committed to China not taking it. Or getting anything worthwhile if they do. Plans are in place to eliminate the chip manufacturing facilities before they would get captured.

Eggzackley. The brains of the industry will be in the US or Mexico (yes, not a typo) before the first missile hits Taiwan. The factory equipment will be a toxic plume of smoke shortly after.
Samsung, Foxconn, Qualcom and Panasonic...and many more whose names we don't recognize are investing big in Mexico manufacturing facilities as we speak. Literally pouring money and expertise into construction. Auto parts, who cares about a little thing like auto parts? While the US auto unions were sleeping, Mexico has moved to 4th place in world production...and rising exponentially.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
[quote=Dillonbuck]You try sending that to China and there will be war.
They are a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them.

The Chinese are among the most racist people on earth. Anyone who isn't 100% Chinese is scum. They believe other Asian people like the Japanese and Koreans are lower life forms. God help someone who is mixed race, Chinese and white or black.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Dillonbuck carries the discussion to it's logical point. The elephant in the room...what will Xi do with his back against the wall...how desperate will the central govt be to hold on to power? The Chinese economy is a house of cards and the wind is starting to blow. Even the South China Daily (CNN of the Party) is now admitting there is a "slowdown" in manufacturing. I guess you can call it a slowdown when factories are shut and millions of workers are fleeing the cities to return to their home provinces. The much ballyhooed 'Belt and Road' investment has turned out to be a money pit...the host countries are defaulting at a rate the Chinese never saw coming.
China is in trouble, the question is, how will they react? Will they attempt to dominate the countries bordering the petroleum lifeline, the Hormuz and the Malacca Strait and South China Sea?
Everybody is hyperventilating over the invasion of Taiwan...I just don't see that as a solution to China's currency/energy problem. Sure, the Taiwan industrial base would be a huge plus for China...but it would be questionable how soon after an invasion they could get it up and running again, depending on the reaction of the Taiwanese (scorched earth?)...my guess is years. And then never forget the ability of communists to screw up something that actually works and produces a net profit.
The tiger has sharp claws, but it is old and rotten and cannot fight a sustained battle far from it's den.

Flintlocke does a good job of putting it all into perspective. I would throw in, we do not know how many folks died from the Wuhan flu and just how many folks are available to get involved in a sustained war. And as per flintlocke, just how desperate is Xi ?? I don't see the people of China and Xi being on the same page.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by kwg020

Flintlocke does a good job of putting it all into perspective. I would throw in, we do not know how many folks died from the Wuhan flu and just how many folks are available to get involved in a sustained war. And as per flintlocke, just how desperate is Xi ?? I don't see the people of China and Xi being on the same page.

kwg

i doubt that China will attack Taiwan, i give China attacking somewhere around 10 -15% of attacking. Taiwan has the most computer chips made in the world. blowing up the water supply system (reservoirs, aqueducts, pumping stations...) and then scorched earth in the chip plants will be closed for years. water scarcity is already a problem. then if China attacks Taiwan, then the US and the western allies will attack in Taiwan and the mainland. China hasn't had a war for 40some years, yes they are trained, unlike Russka, but they are unschooled in Warfare 101.

Xi, tho thru his actions, does not like russka. Xi can see the writing on the wall, so he gives russka supplies, both above and below the table. but what he is doing is making russka a client state. then there is always going north. Mongolia will fall quickly (i think we still have some Special Forces there, but i'm not sure). when it does fall, the US will have some strongly worded message, but thats it. North is russka too. China has sent people across the border, much like South and Central America, so that gives Xi an excuse for war. add to fact that China has seen old history maps and Pulter said he is taking the ground back from russkians that live in Ukraine, so...

Xi knows the more russkas' die in the war, the less he has to kill.

oh, and there is always oil in russka. it would make China great again, besides Pulter has lost his chance to go for allies.

Last edited by tdoyka; 02/26/24.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The crazy part of China's real estate bubble is people are making payments on apartments that haven't been built yet..haven't even broke ground yet. So the logical question is WHY would any sane person do that? Apparently the working people of China know just how worthless the yuan is. Xi can and has shut the banks, the people dare not leave their money in bank accounts to be locked up or seized by the central government. The Chinese people are strictly limited on foreign investment. They have to join ETFs, which are also controlled by the central government. US property purchases are made only with the express approval of central government,,,thusly, a strategic govt holding regardless of the front name.
The yuan is worth what Xi says it's worth, it's not based on any tangible intrinsic value. That is why the China part of BRICS isn't working...the Saudi's and Russians don't want yuan for oil. Oil is China's lifeblood, just like ours, but they don't have any domestic production.
The question is...how long can China's economy sustain it's debt/GDP load with a currency no one wants?

Why?

Two reasons. You mentioned the first - that real property in China was for decades the only safe means of holding value. Secondly, what's you didn't mention, is the severe social credit score and/or legal ramifications of defaulting on payment. And not just for the person defaulting, but for their family as well.

Originally Posted by Oldidaho
The Chinese are among the most racist people on earth. Anyone who isn't 100% Chinese is scum. They believe other Asian people like the Japanese and Koreans are lower life forms. God help someone who is mixed race, Chinese and white or black.

Oh that's just utter nonsense. Sure, there are Chinese racist buttholes, just as there are American racist buttholes. But some of the friendliest down to earth welcoming people I've ever met were in China. And I'm pretty much as non-Chinese as you can get. As for hunxue (literally "mixed blood") I had Chinese grannies running across 4 lanes exclaiming "little foreigner" in order to see my older boy when he was 15 months old. When they got close and saw he was 50/50 Caucasian/Chinese, they would undoubtedly comment on how beautiful he was. In fact, the poor kid got so much doting attention in the two weeks we were there, that it turned him shy for a couple years afterwards. He's going back this summer with his mom, for the first time since 2017. I expect him to get an overwhelmingly positive reaction.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
China has quietly amassed $50.9 billion usd using offshore agents on FX.

WSJ, Business Insider

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
The crazy part of China's real estate bubble is people are making payments on apartments that haven't been built yet..haven't even broke ground yet. So the logical question is WHY would any sane person do that? Apparently the working people of China know just how worthless the yuan is. Xi can and has shut the banks, the people dare not leave their money in bank accounts to be locked up or seized by the central government. The Chinese people are strictly limited on foreign investment. They have to join ETFs, which are also controlled by the central government. US property purchases are made only with the express approval of central government,,,thusly, a strategic govt holding regardless of the front name.
The yuan is worth what Xi says it's worth, it's not based on any tangible intrinsic value. That is why the China part of BRICS isn't working...the Saudi's and Russians don't want yuan for oil. Oil is China's lifeblood, just like ours, but they don't have any domestic production.
The question is...how long can China's economy sustain it's debt/GDP load with a currency no one wants?

Why?

Two reasons. You mentioned the first - that real property in China was for decades the only safe means of holding value. Secondly, what's you didn't mention, is the severe social credit score and/or legal ramifications of defaulting on payment. And not just for the person defaulting, but for their family as well.

Oh that's just utter nonsense. Sure, there are Chinese racist buttholes, just as there are American racist buttholes. But some of the friendliest down to earth welcoming people I've ever met were in China. And I'm pretty much as non-Chinese as you can get. As for hunxue (literally "mixed blood") I had Chinese grannies running across 4 lanes exclaiming "little foreigner" in order to see my older boy when he was 15 months old. When they got close and saw he was 50/50 Caucasian/Chinese, they would undoubtedly comment on how beautiful he was. In fact, the poor kid got so much doting attention in the two weeks we were there, that it turned him shy for a couple years afterwards. He's going back this summer with his mom, for the first time since 2017. I expect him to get an overwhelmingly positive reaction.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good manners a nice person does not make.

Can't remember the comedian, but the skit was about how that nice old black man
hates your guts.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Why?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good manners a nice person does not make.

Can't remember the comedian, but the skit was about how that nice old black man
hates your guts.

Would someone that hates you offer to drive you back into town from climbing a local mountain, rather than you using the local variant of Uber? Someone you met just that afternoon during the descent? He had to drive a little bit out of his way to do so, while heading back home to his wife and young child.

Would a woman you just met on a train coming into town from the nearest large city really hate you, if she and her parents give you a ride a few miles out town to your hotel. Again, just met this person and never saw them again.

Say a bill equal in amount to the average daily earnings of the time fall out of your pocket. Would someone that hated you pick it up and return it to you? Pretty sure had that happened here in the USA, the odds are good that money would be gone. And yet a complete stranger caught that a 100RMB came out of my pocket while buying fireworks, and handed it to me.

What a lot of people, around the world, fail to realize is that pretty much every single government that exists, really doesn't represent their people as a whole. So, just as Joe Biden doesn't represent me in any shape or form whatsoever, neither does the CCP really represent the average Zhou on the street in China. And, the Chinese have the advantage on us, as for the most party, they legitimately get to say that they didn't vote for their leaders.

On the other hand, should I ever need anything made in China*, you can absolutely betcher ass I'd be QCing the [bleep] out of it. I guess it just bugs me when folks that are obviously ignorant on the topic paint with a brush as wide as a Buick.

*My sons are the product of a Chinese biological facility, but I don't think that counts

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (16gage, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 49 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,858
Posts18,497,121
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.