Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
WLP's only regret was getting caught...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sickening

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That court case and its findings were certainly slow in coming. Were I setting settlement amounts, they would have been a bit more substantial, like the golden parachute and more.

From the second of Bobbalee's links:

The NRA typically enjoys a fundraising edge during a presidential election year with a Democrat in the White House. However, drained by legal fees and without LaPierre, the man largely responsible for the NRA’s fundraising might, the organization will likely struggle to achieve past political spending levels in 2024.

I disagree somewhat. Over the years, I've heard many comments suggesting donations would cease until LaPierre was gone. If the organization can sufficiently show that they are cleaning up their act, I think a lot of members will come back. It's going to take some out in the open admissions and house cleaning though to persuade the public that a turnaround is indeed in the works.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/26/24.

1Minute
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Anybody see his farewell/thank you letter in the latest American Rifleman ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I hate that the witch hunters in NY were the ones to bring him down, but somebody damn sure needed to.

Livin large off a cause, just about as noble as raping your mother & child.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trace is supported by Bloomberg, so this is about as unvarnished propaganda, but they are cribbing from court records here. NRA itself would NEVER reveal this to members. And yep, I read his GFY letter in Rifleman. Bet he's never mentioned again by NRA publications. They want to rug it over.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I'm a life member and I'll not give a single penny until the NRA makes significant changes to prevent this type of abuse from happening again and the Board of Directors actually dies their job.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by jwp475
I'm a life member and I'll not give a single penny until the NRA makes significant changes to prevent this type of abuse from happening again and the Board of Directors actually dies their job.
Ditto here. I’ve posted the same position. Get rid of the damage Wayne LaPimp caused, show us a transparent budget, and I’ll start donating again.

Life Member here!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Who the hell is the guy who considered him as "one of us"?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Strange thing happened. I got a letter today from the NRA. There were actually two letters enclosed. One from President Cotton thanking me for my interest in willing my estate to the NRA. I have never expressed such an interest.

The other letter was from Wayne LaPierre listed as Executive Vice President introducing me to four families that have willed either all or part of their estates to the NRA.

I have a wife, 3 adult children, and 5 grandchildren that are to receive everything I have, so the NRA wasted their postage.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The Trace is pretty much commie rat bull crap. But it's the only coverage of the trial I've found. At least the most in depth coverage.

And the extent of the fleecing surprised me. Wayne always seemed like a salesman to me. Harlon Carter had some credibility, but I was a supporter of Neal Knox. I think we all need to try to right the ship and get her back on course. It's hard to know which board members to keep or toss out.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think I'll donate to GOA. NRA is done in my opinion unless they make significant changes.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Craigster
Anybody see his farewell/thank you letter in the latest American Rifleman ?

Yeah, it troubled me to read it. He was all about himself. Not a single "I'm sorry."

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
For anybody interested in this topic, go to Ammoland.com and see what Jeff Knox has to say about electing new Board members. He is the son of Neal Knox and long been an advocate of change at the NRA.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My first opinion of him the first time I heard him speak in the 1980s was not good. Even then I thought he came across like a slimy used car salesman. I saw a lot of other decent people seem to support him, so I thought my first impression was wrong and I didn't question his intentions. I wish I had listened to my gut feelings. I wouldn't have sent in a dime like I did years ago, and feel like a sucker.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I read his letter. He's a legend in his own mind. Good riddance.

I do hope the NRA can return to what it was. I feel like a lot more need to be sent down the road.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's really short, too.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wlp out the door is a start. the next is the scumbag Wayne appointed to replace him and make sure Wayne gets his 17 million dollar golden parachute retirement. All the business people and Wayne's board all need to go asap.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I fully agree that WLP had to go, and that the NRA has to make serious changes. I am very concerned, though, that the State of New York took it upon themselves to put a stop to it. If a business isn't operating as it's customers wish, it is up to that business and it's customers/members to make the changes. It should not be the government's role to determine whether $2,000 suits and 1st class travel are illegal. This case, to me, smells just like NY's case against Trump, where the government is deciding how business should operate, and they get to decide who to pick on, and who to let slide. We need to be very careful in looking at this, even though we may like the fact that WLP is no longer EVP and has to pay back for his self-righteous actions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,213
Posts18,485,479
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.