Print Thread
Hop To
T
Tarquin Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Does anyone own one of these, especially in .22 WMR? They look nicely done but Steyr is not importing them anymore and i can't find one for sale anywhere. If anyone owns one, care to comment on quality and accuracy? TIA

Tarquin
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found this by accident a while back. .22LR, not Magnum.

https://ammoandarmsstore.com/700511b2/

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I like the originals real well........ iffin I came across a new one at a bargain I would buy it. Prolly not gonna happen if not imported anymore.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one in 22 WMR…. And really like it. It’s a very accurate with about all ammo, but it really likes CCI tnt’s.

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one in 22lr very accurate it has a good trigger and fit and finish is great. Not much not to like if you find one for sale.

IC B2

G
G
The guys that I know who have shot them said they shot very well. Unfortunately I won’t be owning or shooting one anytime soon unless they change the stock. It’s made for a right handed fella and that I am not

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The only bad thing about them is their LOP. Mine is 14 3/4" . Too long for me . I need to have someone shorten it for me .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntz
The only bad thing about them is their LOP. Mine is 14 3/4" . Too long for me . I need to have someone shorten it for me .
Ditto on this… shortened mine to 13.5 “

Ask for forgiveness......instead of permission
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I have been a huge fan of CZ rimfires for years. I own more than a few 452s and have always thought they were a fantastic rifle. They were my go to for years for small game. While someday I hoped to get into Coopers, Kimbers, etc. I was extremely pleased with them.

…then I came across the Zephyr IIs. It started with handling a .22LR at an LGS, to buying my first (a threaded .22WMR) secondhand from someone. It took off from there. I’m looking for one more - a threaded .22LR. I have hopes of having it and one of the full stock .22LRs relined to 17HM2 someday.

They are incredible little rifles - in fit, finish, and function. I thoroughly enjoy each of them and they have quickly become my go to for carrying through the woods. They handle very well and accuracy is great across the board!

Top to Bottom, threaded then full stock: (2) .22WMRs, (2) .17HMRs, and (2) .22 LRs.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Another FS in 22LR and the 25” 22LR.

^^ Both of these came from Elk County Ammo and Arms that someone linked above. I frequently hunt and fish not far from the physical store and swing in on occasion. They let me go open 10 boxes to find the FS model you see above. The 25” is 1 of 130 made by Steyr as an experiment.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Grassypond
The guys that I know who have shot them said they shot very well. Unfortunately I won’t be owning or shooting one anytime soon unless they change the stock. It’s made for a right handed fella and that I am not

A gentleman on RFC asked about shooting one of the Zephyr IIs as a lefty. I posted a bunch of pictures to show how the stock really doesn’t cater to a lefty unfortunately. (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/stock-agreeable-with-a-lefty.1247935/#post-12702191)

The above posts are correct though that Steyr is no longer importing the Zephyr II - and to that end, they are not even producing them anymore. I called Steyr USA trying to see if I could manage to get two unchambered 17Cal barrels so I could have them chambered for 17HM2 and have them fitted to one of the FS and threaded models I have. I spoke to a few folks there getting more details from the next.

They didn’t confirm that Steyr will never produce them again, but did confirm they aren’t being produced at all now. To their knowledge the only store that has them in stock in the USA is Elk County Ammo and Arms (and they only have FS models in .22LR) as they supposedly bought up the remaining stock a while back.

IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Beautiful collection of zephyrs! I may have to pick one up to go with some of my Steyrs!

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by iShoot17
I have been a huge fan of CZ rimfires for years. I own more than a few 452s and have always thought they were a fantastic rifle. They were my go to for years for small game. While someday I hoped to get into Coopers, Kimbers, etc. I was extremely pleased with them.

…then I came across the Zephyr IIs. It started with handling a .22LR at an LGS, to buying my first (a threaded .22WMR) secondhand from someone. It took off from there. I’m looking for one more - a threaded .22LR. I have hopes of having it and one of the full stock .22LRs relined to 17HM2 someday.

They are incredible little rifles - in fit, finish, and function. I thoroughly enjoy each of them and they have quickly become my go to for carrying through the woods. They handle very well and accuracy is great across the board!

Top to Bottom, threaded then full stock: (2) .22WMRs, (2) .17HMRs, and (2) .22 LRs.

^^ Both of these came from Elk County Ammo and Arms that someone linked above. I frequently hunt and fish not far from the physical store and swing in on occasion. They let me go open 10 boxes to find the FS model you see above. The 25” is 1 of 130 made by Steyr as an experiment.

Those are outstanding. Steyr is one of the most underrated gun companies, but their products are quality.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by iShoot17

The wood on some of those is spectacular!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 55 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.