Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19250795 02/27/24
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Land of opportunity or home of the stupid?

As Chief Executive Officer, Alphabet and Google, and Director at Alphabet Inc., Sundar Pichai made $225,985,145 in total compensation. Of this total $2,000,000 was received as a salary, $0 was received as a bonus, $0 was received in stock options, $218,037,684 was awarded as stock and $5,947,461 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2022 fiscal year.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...y-after-cuts-in-perks-and-12000-layoffs/

https://www1.salary.com/Sundar-Pichai-Salary-Bonus-Stock-Options-for-ALPHABET-INC.html

Maybe in a year or two he will be making $1 million/day?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
well that is certainly more than I am making!

Sam......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Our nation has been out of control since FDR took over and communized it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
WGAF if the board/stakeholders have entered into a mutually agreed upon compensation package? Like anyone here would turn down 200mm+ a year in comp? 2mm is set, rest is variable/OTE.

No one forced either to participate in that comp package. That's the basic core of a free society - you can't force me, I can't force you - rise to the level of your ability/merits. I don't fault him at all. When it no longer makes sense for Alphabet Co. they'll re-evaluate/move on.

Me

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I don’t spend much (any) time worrying about other peoples compensation, as long as it’s legal.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't concern myself with others compensation.

Worked a job where the company set a "wage" for each position. Male, female, black, white, green, gay, straight made no difference, everybody got paid the same for whatever position they worked. ....and of course, it was "union"!
OTOH, each employee should (SHOULD!) be able to negotiate their own wage with their employer. But we all know that just "ain't how it works"!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teal
WGAF if the board/stakeholders have entered into a mutually agreed upon compensation package? Like anyone here would turn down 200mm+ a year in comp? 2mm is set, rest is variable/OTE.

No one forced either to participate in that comp package. That's the basic core of a free society - you can't force me, I can't force you - rise to the level of your ability/merits. I don't fault him at all. When it no longer makes sense for Alphabet Co. they'll re-evaluate/move on.

Don't care much about the $2 million number, but the bigger pile represents an fiscal insult to company stockholders in several ways.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Spot on.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Yeah...and buying off the govt to shut down your competition during covid was the free market.

Or buying defense stock as a congressman right before starting a war in Europe is just dandy.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Don't care much about the $2 million number, but the bigger pile represents an fiscal insult to company stockholders in several ways.

The bigger pile is based upon the value he created for those stockholders, stock price. If he hadn't created the value (metrics in comp package) he'd not get the stock. At any time those stock holders could call upon the board to revisit the compensation. The stockholders apparently aren't concerned about it.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a much bigger problem with politicians who start out broke and become wealthy than I do with people in the private sector who change their financial position.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 45_100
I have a much bigger problem with politicians who start out broke and become wealthy than I do with people in the private sector who change their financial position.

At level....there is no "private" sector.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Wonder what the 12,000 employees tossed in the trash think?

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Corporate America has been allowed to thoroughly corrupt the nation and our central, state, and local governments.

I think that what needs to happen is this:

1. Do away with ALL income taxation on corporations (those taxes are ultimately paid by "we the people" in the end anyway), and then

2. Muzzle corporations politically (no campaign donations, no lobbying, NO political voice whatsoever).

If we're going to tax an entity, then by principle we should allow them a vote and full participation in the political process. In allowing corporations to participate, the voices of The People are drowned out and our influence is diminished to the point of non-existence. Corporations have injected so much money into politics that the biggest scumbags who walk the face of the planet are attracted to politics and we end up exactly where we are now.

Whatever an executive can earn is fine with me, but I suspect that without all the meddling in politics that maybe the corporate boards of directors would have much less money to throw around. There is no doubt in my mind that in the status quo much of a CEO's value resides in his ability to influence "public servants." Prohibit the deployment of that power of influence and then see just how much a CEO can earn by honest work. I think the results would be astounding.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Fire 50 Percent of the Administrative State is the only way to Save US ..

As the Printing Press have Rolled the Size of the Administrative State has Grown in proportion to Abundance of Fake Money ..

Those Three Counties that Surround the District of Corruption are a Glaring Testament to the Largeness of the Wicked and their Wicked Effects on the Country as a Whole ..

Short of that we can Only Expect to see Baghdad Bob chanting..

Death to America

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Red Dot Indians = GOAT Humblebrag.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Corporate America has been allowed to thoroughly corrupt the nation and our central, state, and local governments.

1. Do away with ALL income taxation on corporations (those taxes are ultimately paid by "we the people" in the end anyway), and then

2. Muzzle corporations politically (no campaign donations, no lobbying, NO political voice whatsoever).

If we're going to tax an entity, then by principle we should allow them a vote and full participation in the political process. In allowing corporations to participate, the voices of The People are drowned out and our influence is diminished to the point of non-existence. Corporations have injected so much money into politics that the biggest scumbags who walk the face of the planet are attracted to politics and we end up exactly where we are now.

Whatever an executive can earn is fine with me, but I suspect that without all the meddling in politics that maybe the corporate boards of directors would have much less money to throw around. There is no doubt in my mind that in the status quo much of a CEO's value resides in his ability to influence "public servants." Prohibit the deployment of that power of influence and then see just how much a CEO can earn by honest work. I think the results would be astounding.

Yep I think this is on the right track right here.

There can be no doubt that much of what the Google CEO is being paid for is nefarious meddling which if done from the right Dems would be screaming and crying about, but since it serves their purposes it’s encouraged.

Conservatives have got to learn to wield government power in our favor or we’re screwed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

^^^Like^^^

If not eliminate corporate taxes drastically scale them back. Corporate Conglomerate America in all forms and especially Corporate Media and MIC are the true shadow government that is destroying this country.

What to do about media is the tricky one. The rest of the Corporate America influence could be easily reduced as you stated. Take their money out of politics.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I m a little slow to make the connection sometimes but I often wondered why corporations or businesses are taxed. It is a write off for the business and ultimately paid by the consumer. Now I realize that tax money is a kick back to the politicians. Same as foreign aid and arms sales.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yeah...and buying off the govt to shut down your competition during covid was the free market.

Or buying defense stock as a congressman right before starting a war in Europe is just dandy.

I will add my thoughts, FWIW.

Most of us have benefitted in some way from "capitalism"... it is the American way of the past that helped one achieve the "American Dream" that many of us (or our ancestors) have benefitted from. I will just ask, "can it get too powerful or out of control?" My answer is yes but the devil is in the details and subject to debate and disagreement...

Many of us will benefit from .gov payments from one source or another. Think .gov pensions and benefits, medicare or medicate benefits, social security benefits, medicare or medicaid payments(health care providers), FSA payments(farmers and ranchers), or other payments for businesses(Covid loans?), students(student loan forgiveness), the poor(welfare, food stamps), etc., ... I'll ask again, "can it get too "big", "inefficient", "expensive", or out of control?" I will again say yes, we are there, but...

The next part of the puzzle is .gov itself. The Founders understood the difficulty of even getting 13 colonies that were divided religiously and economically to go forward as a "Union" of States under some Federal organization. The racial/ethnic thing, other than slavery... , was lower on the list of problems and mostly addressed by the attempt to separate "church" from "state" in the Constitution. The "Branches" were obviously designed to keep the leaders, rule makers/controllers of the purse, and the rule enforcers separate and in check (think anti- "king"/absolute ruler). Voters were men and for all intents and purposes, Northern European in ancestry!!! That got the "Great experiment" started and some were already questioning how long it would last not long after winning the Revolutionary War!

Fast forward through the expansion West, Indian conflicts, Civil War, Industrial Revolution, WWI, Depression, and WWII and "America" was on the front stage politically, economically, financially("dollar"), and militarily... the American Dream finally revealed??? Add in UN, NATO, Korean War, Cold War, growth and power of the "alphabet agencies", Viet Nam War, civil/racial unrest, assassinations, oil and Islam, early "boomers" giving way to later "boomers" (probably not the same... think "counter-culture"), too many "drunk" with power of political leadership or others "drunk" with the potential "gluttony" of greed and runaway capitalism and still others totally disaffected or left behind in the dust of the former.

The 80's, 90's, 2000's to the present just allowed the powerful leaders, powerful wealthy(financial institutions), powerful corporations(including the military), the powerful underground intelligence agencies, the powerful media, and the powerful education system to grow unabated while many if not most of the "masses" lived large "American Style" taking most for granted as learning "history" is not entertaining nor is society's memory long... easier to just cancel "history" and make it more comfortable and convenient ( for example my "truth"). The "Deep State" and "Establishment" came to be real terms, not just conspiracy jargon...

Technology (Internet, social media, AI, etc.) now just brings communication to the forefront. Brainwashing, disinformation, misinformation, manipulation, interference, and censoring speech are now at the forefront of "control" of America's path and the "stakes" are obviously higher for those who benefit the most and have the most to lose... "collusion" is real, the "Uniparty" is real, the "democratic republic" ideal is threatened at minimum and that is if it really exists at all. Sadly, most of us are probably just along for the ride, firearms or no firearms...

When I was a kid, I used to be bothered at night, sleeping under the stars wondering where the "end" of all that expanse was and how to comprehend that... I still can't but a belief in God has tempered that some. The life history of a "star" astronomically is similar and somewhat hard to comprehend for the same reasons. I am starting to feel like I am witness to a similar event in the history of our Country after only what, ~250 years??? I certainly hope not for me, my family, my posterity beyond that and my fellow Americans but it has happened before. What seems to be powerful, "good", "bright", and invincible proves not to be enduring in nature. The Founders were mortal but wise and realized that possibility.

Sometimes it feels good to "write" in silence! Read and listen if you want. Disagree if you want! I like to read what most of you have to say most of the time!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,094
Posts18,483,019
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.