-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder how long it was alive inside the pike, slowly dissolving in stomach fluids. Nature doesn't always play nice.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 160user
Big gators can eat pretty much anything they want.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One of the things I miss about my days in Minnesota. I think the biggest northern I caught was up on Lake of the Woods... about a 45 pound fish. I've seen some caught over in Wisconsin, over by Taylor's Falls, that were in the 60 lb range.

Had some friends, who's toy poodle fell off their boat into the lake, and a 60 pound or so northern, just came up and swallowed the poodle whole. Of course you could imagine how hysterical the wife was.... I think he husband enjoyed that tho.. he never liked that poodle. he was a big dog kind of guy.

Get out of the twin cities, a lot of great folks in Minnesota and Wisconsin.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sort of reminds me of a girlfriend I once had- - - - - - -she had no gag reflex whatsoever!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's nothing. I want to see a perch eat a pike, now that would be something.

Hopefully huntsman22 will see this and post a pic or two. He has a very unique way of catching pike.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
One of the things I miss about my days in Minnesota. I think the biggest northern I caught was up on Lake of the Woods... about a 45 pound fish. I've seen some caught over in Wisconsin, over by Taylor's Falls, that were in the 60 lb range.

Had some friends, who's toy poodle fell off their boat into the lake, and a 60 pound or so northern, just came up and swallowed the poodle whole. Of course you could imagine how hysterical the wife was.... I think he husband enjoyed that tho.. he never liked that poodle. he was a big dog kind of guy.

Do you ever get sick of being full of shit or do you believe most of it at this point?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I chase big pike all over the place. Mostly northern Canada just because there is much less pressure the farther you get from roads. Consequently, more bigger fish. The Wisconsin record is about 38 lbs and about 45 in Minnesota. Those fish are less than one in a million! If there were any 60 pounders in Wisconsin, I would have never left!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Well nice but really how dare you catch fish out of a boat that doesn't cost 80 k? Way to go. Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 02/27/24.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Do you ever get sick of being full of shit or do you believe most of it at this point?
MN record is 45 lb 12 oz from 1929 and WI record is 38 lb 0 oz from 1952. We're in the presence of greatness. You can always tell the great ones because they have no interest in registering a record. Either that or he might not have any idea how big a 45 or 60 pounder is or might be.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Please, lets not let facts get in the way here.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Never weighed one. Never heard many that did. It was measure em and turn em back mostly.

50 inches is the goal in AK. In the right places its not hard to hit 50. At least some years ago out in the bush.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Probably didn't even taste it
What does that say about flavor sprays for bait?

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Probably didn't even taste it
What does that say about flavor sprays for bait?
Nothing really. The sprays are to be used as a chum line so to speak. Get the fish attention so they come look

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Beat me to it.

Holeee Fuuuuuuck

lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've been holding out for a true 20 lb'er to put on the wall. I've caught several 40" pike on Lake of the Woods and haven't cracked that weight yet. Real close but not quite.

My wife caught a 23 lb and an old girlfriend caught a 24 lb on MY Tip Up.

The largest I've seen was 32 lbs and that thing was HUGE.

Seafire is catching 45 and poodle eating 60 lb'ers.

HAHAHA

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Man,you can sling the schit with the best of them.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Some serious fish tales going on!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
Several times I have had bigger pike swallow a smaller pike that I had caught and was reeling in.
I have never been able to land a twofer but have tried damn hard.

I did a 3-fer once! Little lake outside of Fairbanks. The innermost one was pretty well dissolved, but still identifiable. Besides which, there were only pike in that lake. Frogs, water bugs, voles, baby ducks, etc were other food sources, but it appeared to me the pike fed on other pike all summer and then f'ked all winter..... smile

Did several 2-fers on that same lake. My oldest brother said he caught one about 15 lbs out of that same lake (unfished by anyone but us, I think- had to walk a mile or so down game trails to get there), but the biggest - per the 3-fer above- that I ever caught there was maybe 4 lbs. My biggest ever was a 7.5 lb in ND.

Last edited by las; 02/27/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Original video is cool, but obviously staged. Perch was dead; early in the video, you could even see the water distortion where it was dropped in. Pike is probably used to getting handouts from the dock.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

LOL

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Dude, no.

Something clever here.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 219 Wasp, 1moredeer, 70 invisible), 2,801 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,854
Posts18,497,032
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.