Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
No way I'm swabbing myself into the DNA database.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard

Don’t fret……they already have it! 😉 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I have 3 cousins on my dad's side, but I lost count on my mom's side

MIL is one of 11. Not sure my wife could tell you how man cousins she has on that side.

My dad was one of 11 surviving children, my mother one of 9. I have 73 first cousins, quite a few I’ve never met. Would be more, but a sister of my father married a brother of my mother, lol.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I got cuzzins that’s aunts n uncles as well family tree is fuqkd on that limb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I have 3 cousins on my dad's side, but I lost count on my mom's side

My maternal grandma was 1 of 13 - mom has 70 some cousins that side alone. Another 15 or so on her fathers side.

No point even trying to keep up with that.
one of my uncles, my mom's oldest brother had 19 kids, I still don't know most them except for 3 close to my age.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
they are distant relatives for a reason. Keep em that way

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Do the DNA thing,

I would never, ever, recommend anyone do that....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If I'm not missing anybody, there is 54 in my immediate family counting my Mom and Dad. Cousins 1st and second? Couldn't begin to add them all up. Know some of them well, others I can recognize and know who's family they belong to, but struggle with remembering their names.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
J
Jericho Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have decided to take mud boggers advice

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Your dna is later sold to china which uses it to develop deadly biological weapons that asians will be immune to. Truth or fiction….
Originally Posted by Redneck
Do the DNA thing,

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Your dna is later sold to china which uses it to develop deadly biological weapons that asians will be immune to. Truth or fiction….
Originally Posted by Redneck
Do the DNA thing,

The space lasers will get you first.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Old news but 23andme was hacked and access was gained to information of over 7 million people.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
There were 13 kids in a family on my maternal grandfather's side with the surname "Boone"- - - -as in Daniel. I've kept up with a couple of the boys from that family intermittently since the 1950s- - - -even found out many years later that one of them had dated the same woman as me, at different times. Haven't heard from any of them in the past 15 years or so.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Jericho Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
I ran into a friend of mine today and I was telling her about my relative passing away. She told me that when her father passed away several years ago, his first wife came to the viewing and asked her if she would like to meet her two daughters from the first marriage to her father. She politely told her no and walked away from her. She said she didnt know why she did this, but she just didnt want to meet them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jericho
Found out a couple of days ago that I had a distant family member pass away that I had never met before. I read his obituary and he seemed like a really nice person that I wish I would have gotten to know. I tried to find some of his family members online, but no luck. Lately I realize that most families are growing distant and nobody seems to care about each other at all. Sorry, Im just rambling.

If you pay close attention you'll find that by reading Obituaries all the nice people are dying.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I got cuzzins that’s aunts n uncles as well family tree is fuqkd on that limb
Got an uncle that I’m older than.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Old news but 23andme was hacked and access was gained to information of over 7 million people.

Knowing the people who own 23 and Me ,"hack" was hardly necessary. The fine print nobody reads no doubt gave them whatever rights they ever wanted.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
About 5-6 years ago I didn’t DNA thing. I dispelled the notion that g g g ma was full blooded Cherokee. The extended family didn’t like that i shot down that family legend.

5 years ago i was contacted by a lady who ended up being the illegitimate daughter of a great uncle. That story ended up turning out well. She was united with her two half brothers who embraced her as family.

I had the privilege of being the first family member that she had ever communicated with, talked to or seen. She was fortunate enough to have a happy ending and see a hole in her life partially filled.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I have a cousin that found his real dad through dna testing. It went very well. Gained a couple half sisters too.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Mormons can set you up on all sorts of family history and who are your relatives.

Met a guy here in town about 5 years ago, who was from Texas. He was descended from a person from the Revolutionary War, by the name of Israel Meadows and he knew he was from a Greenbrier County in Virginia and with his older brother, he was recruited into the Virginia Militia at a place called Peterstown Va. He knew that they had fought at the Battle of Point Pleasant on the Ohio River in the Revolutionary War. That is as far back as he knew his Ancestorage.

Israel left Virginia after the Revolutionary War, and went and settled in Kentucky. Then his descendants left Kentucky for Missouri, and later family migrated to Oklahoma and finally down to Houston Texas area. That is where he had been born and raised.

He gave me a business card. He lives here in town. I did a little research and found what I had expected all the time we talked. Israel was the second son, of a family who had 16 children. Israel left Greenbrier County VA in the 1790s for Kentucky. His older brother Francis inherited the family farm when their parents died.

Sent him a short note via the mail. I am a descendant of the older brother Francis who ended up inheriting the farm in what was then Greenbrier County VA. That was 7 generations ago. His and my direct family roots are from the first settlers at Jamestown in 1607. Which was 10 generations back at the time of the Revolutionary War. So we are both 17th generation in this country, and descended of the 25 or so people who survived the first two years of the Jamestown settlement.

In the note I pointed this out, and gave him my phone number and address to contact me. He never did.. gather he had no real interest in his family history, enough to contact me.

But our ancestors being brothers 7 generations ago, would make us 7th cousins. Evidently no interest at all.

Was kind of disappointing to me. Blood is blood. But seems few people really have any interest in something like that.
Or he just found it hard to believe. I've ran into a few other folks here in the Rogue Valley, that I was related to going way back in the early history of our nation. Some respond, but drift away fairly slowly and are gone to oblivion once again.

Guess I take it a lot more seriously than many people do. Found several people here on the campfire that I am distantly related to also.. going way back to colonial Virginia, and some of its earliest days.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 55 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,490 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,002
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.