Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I guess it could be worse, he could have Wendy be a tranny who use to go by Wendell
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy’s is preparing to test an “Uber-style” surge-pricing model where the cost of menu items will fluctuate throughout the day based on demand — meaning a Dave’s burger will cost more during the lunch or dinner rush.

The fast-food chain’s unappetizing plans, set to be tested in a high-stakes rollout next year, will squeeze more money out of already inflation-battered Americans who may not have the option to eat their meals during “off-peak” hours.

Wendy’s CEO Kirk Tanner announced the new system on a call with investors, noting the Ohio-based company will invest $20 million on high-tech menu boards that will be able to update prices in real-time without incurring additional overhead costs.

Come 2025, Wendy's is implementing a dynamic pricing model that will see prices fluxuate throughout the day based on demand, meaning items will cost more during the breakfast, lunch and dinner rushes.

“As we continue to show the benefit of this technology in our company-operated restaurants, franchisee interest in digital menu boards should increase further supporting sales and profit growth across the system,” said Tanner, who rose to the chief role earlier this month.

Tanner didn’t put a ceiling on how much the dynamic pricing model could spike the cost of a meal or whether the base price would actually fall during slower periods.

---------------

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Fck them, I imagine it will drive more people at least the smart ones to discover what I did when Corona started. Big corporations won't appreciate you but the mom and pops will. And their food is usually better quality bigger portions, healthy, and around the same price.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Some businesses in the hospitality sector in the UK have either proposed this, or run a trial. Think it was a major bar chain and maybe restaraunt from memory. Could try searching BBC news website.

The punters / clientele voted with their feet/ wallets.

Oh dear, free market competition can hurt.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Irving_D
F@ck them, I imagine it will drive more people at least the smart ones to discover what I did when Corona started. Big corporations won't appreciate you but the mom and pops will. And their food is usually better quality bigger portions, healthy, and around the same price.

Yep
Wendy's is already overpriced IMHO

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
They been goin down hill for a while

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Seems like more people would buy during slow times, making them not slow times anymore and creating more price fluctuation

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I could see lowering the price during slow times from their standard pricing. Happy hour if you will. Sonic already does this, 'your morning drink stop' where their drinks are 99 cents before 11 am instead of $1.80 or whatever. Generates more traffic during the times that they aren't selling anything, still making a profit, just not as much of a profit, and sells a cheeseburger while the family is stopping for a round of cokes.

Of course the model will include that, lowering to get more traffic, but will go above normal pricing during peak times, and that is going to piss everybody off, and I would bet traffic overall goes down for Wendy's.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Meanwhile McDonald's plans to roll back prices after a price increase hurt business and stock values fell.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wendys has already reduced the size of their sandwiches, now they want to charge you more because you can only eat at noon for lunch

I don't see that going over well.

Maybe the goal is to get people to eat lunch at 10:30 or 2

Last edited by KFWA; 02/28/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I left when they switched to those gay-ass bread n butter pickle slices. And them using romaine lettuce sucks too.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I left when they stopped employing white shamu type women. Always wearing sweatpants and shirts way too small allowing a tramp stamp sneak peek and a tiny amount of crack

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I haven't eaten in a Wendy's in a long time and won't after this.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Irving_D
F@ck them, I imagine it will drive more people at least the smart ones to discover what I did when Corona started. Big corporations won't appreciate you but the mom and pops will. And their food is usually better quality bigger portions, healthy, and around the same price.

Spot on!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The line at chick-fi-A and Whataburger just got longer lol.

Thanks, Billy
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
The line at chick-fi-A and Whataburger just got longer lol.

Yup

Wendy's burgers are approaching slider size

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Looks like us retirees just got a break! We can hit the town for dinner at 4:00 and.... Woo hoo!!...... we get 20 cents off an overpriced sandwich......livin' large....

Last edited by reivertom; 02/28/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh well, don't care what they do been years since I ate at Wendy's.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Same concept of Amazons dynamic pricing, air bnbs jacking rates when the superbowl is in town, and what Uber does.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I wonder if someone will file suit claiming false advertising since they have a price list in their restaurants. What could possibly go wrong with this approach?

The way life should be.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bluefish
I wonder if someone will file suit claiming false advertising since they have a price list in their restaurants. What could possibly go wrong with this approach?

Price list in the restaurant would turn into a dynamic display and simply change.

Bars have tried it in the past. Detroit Beer Exchange was one.

Me

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

323 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1minute, 117LBS, 219DW, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,321
Posts18,505,832
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.