Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Sure will screw the high school trap shooters.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I gotta wonder, have they ever tested any of those kids in the shooting sports, in MN, lead levels in their blood?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I gotta wonder, have they ever tested any of those kids in the shooting sports, in MN, lead levels in their blood?

I’d think it would be zero. The only exposed lead comes out the barrel and starts hitting the ground about 80 yards later, down range, where no one is allowed to go.
They may have found a way thru extreme cost to kill the second largest participation sport for school kids in the state of Minnesota. Bastards

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Osky

I’d think it would be zero. The only exposed lead comes out the barrel and starts hitting the ground about 80 yards later, down range, where no one is allowed to go.
They may have found a way thru extreme cost to kill the second largest participation sport for school kids in the state of Minnesota. Bastards

Osky
Well, that's mostly true if they are using ammo with lead free primers. Some of the exposure of shooters appears to be from the primers, not the projectiles.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FatCity67
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Me and my brother each had one of those.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

That’s the most CA thing I’ve read on here since Sal posted fish pics

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Osky
Well, that's mostly true if they are using ammo with lead free primers. Some of the exposure of shooters appears to be from the primers, not the projectiles.
Just flat amazing how many haven't died with those primers over how many years now...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rost495

Osky
Just flat amazing how many haven't died with those primers over how many years now...

They’re gonna die soon they just don’t know it yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I said long ago that the waterfowl lead ban would spread.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495

Osky
no one mentioned dying, at least not me. Just a mention it appears that's where some of the exposure apparently comes from.

But, if some folks want to "ban" lead ammo, perhaps they should see where it's coming from and what effect it's actually having.

As I think I saw in the article, there are some doctors that are saying something along the lines of "no level of lead is safe in kids"

Folks like me, and probably you and a lot of others here might dispute that claim, seeing as how we grew up around pewter toys, lead fishing split shot weights we held in our mouths, leaded gasoline fumes and dust along the roadsides we played on, etc

Last place I worked, we were tested regularly for lead and other work related chemicals, after having a baseline so they could tell if it was increasing or decreasing and whether to take measures or not.

Would it not behoove MN to do the same with kids exposed to "lead ammo" before they go banning something that's been in use for ages? And also know just where that lead is coming from.

I tend to agree with the Colion Noir dude, maybe teaching good habits would have a better result than just banning a product???

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wat's the matter, no condors?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone

So you don't believe in having a baseline to work with before making decisions?

See my reply to rost.

I personally don't think the kids are any worse off than most other kids. The kids I've met here from our local trap shooting group appear to not be suffering from lead exposure. From the newspaper articles they write about them it would seem most are doing pretty well in school and shooting sports.

In it is contentment

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Osky

Always something as they say. I wasn’t aware the primers could be hazardous.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Osky

Always something as they say. I wasn’t aware the primers could be hazardous.

Osky
I'm not so sure how hazardous they are, perhaps if one is firing many rounds in an enclose, unventilated space? And as the video guys says, you eat sandwiches after shooting many rounds without washing your hands?

In it is contentment

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C

That's lamest post since your last lame post. Keep up the good work, and don't forget to wipe your chin.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
When we were kids we would shoot a brick of 22 Sovereigns, the 22s from Mexico and at the end of the day our thumbs and fingers would be gray from lead and wax. But let me tell you… eating a greasy burger after shooting seem to take it right off!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Craigster

That's lamest post since your last lame post. Keep up the good work, and don't forget to wipe your chin.

Ooohhhhh BURN. You really got me. There's been a lot of lame posts by me. This is far from the lamest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (7mm_Loco, 264mag, 280Ackleyrized, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,775 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,060
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.