Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Do you have a picture of the second rifle's cheeckpiece you could share? And either or both rifle's pointed buttplates?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Do you have a picture of the second rifle's cheeckpiece you could share? And either or both rifle's pointed buttplates?
You build that stock boomer?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I have a tough time telling. I think it's the correct vintage based upon the checkering detail, more points which was adopted generally as a refinement at the Colton woodshop. But the right flute looks older - possibly. But, guessing it's 1988-89ish? Before barrel stamp changed to Colton. Maybe. I never did initial the barrel channel as the shapers and finish sanders did, as I handled each... They're all unique and I really enjoy seeing them here.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have a tough time telling. I think it's the correct vintage based upon the checkering detail, more points which was adopted generally as a refinement at the Colton woodshop. But the right flute looks older - possibly. But, guessing it's 1988-89ish? Before barrel stamp changed to Colton. Maybe. I never did initial the barrel channel as the shapers and finish sanders did, as I handled each... They're all unique and I really enjoy seeing them here.

It would have to be satisfying having been part of that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sunuvabitch just make this thing go away already!

LOL
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The second rifle the posted, is what I believe to be a "Custom Classic" HB model. They offered them in both standard and heavy barrels from about 1986 the end of Kimber of Oregon production. The second gun is also built in the later "B" series action with external bolt stop and the stepped two peice bolt shroud.

By then the " Super America " was the flagship gun with all options on it. Express sights with sight rib , beadline cheekpiece ,AAA wood , full wraparound checkeing and ebony firend tip were standard . Even a Skeketonized checkered gripcap was an option

Most if them were runnjng close to $1k by then . Kimber wanted to offer a gun with standard metalwork but a really nice stock - a mid grade option .

I remember the "Custom Classic " guns well because they were my favorite model of that era. They were also offered in left hand versions . I found a brand new one one for a friend of mine from a Kimber dealer in 1988. It also had the heavy barrel.

Last edited by jk16; 02/28/24.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Second gun serial she understood which kimber I was looking for after a face time. Both are mint and I will allow and inspection period after receiving to make sure condition is what I say it is

Attached Images

Never trust a man in a wheel chair...with dirty shoes.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Beautiful rifles, GLWS.

I'm fortunate to have LH Kimber Custom Classics in 22LR and 22 Hornet.

They would be some of the last rifles I would sell.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
One more bump before I go to gun broker

Never trust a man in a wheel chair...with dirty shoes.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, second rifle isn't a Super America after all? Hell of a kangaroo rifle anyhoot. Cheers.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Now, figuring it's actually a Custom Classic with the shown features, probably a high likelihood, the hardware and machine sanding...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 2ndwind, 30 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,492
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.