Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Going to get more this morning, taking two trucks, one more trip next Tuesday should get the rest, except for Polaris.

GB1

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
More crap brought back

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 03/01/24.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
OK, Hanco, since you are showing all the stuff from your lease, I have a question. What is all the fencing for? Were you trapping hogs? We don't have any problems yet in Michigan, but I know you do in certain parts of Texas. Sorry about your lease and good luck with your piney woods lease

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by markopolo50
OK, Hanco, since you are showing all the stuff from your lease, I have a question. What is all the fencing for? Were you trapping hogs? We don't have any problems yet in Michigan, but I know you do in certain parts of Texas. Sorry about your lease and good luck with your piney woods lease

Yes, my hog panels were 34” high. When I built gates and began catching pigs I sooned learned many pigs could go over the 34 inches. I had a bunch of angle iron, cut pieces to 4 foot, raised fence to four feet. Some still jumped out, but it helped. Be thankful you don’t have pigs.

This pen was 34”, caught lots of young pigs, never raised it up to 4’

Some of the fence I raised up, pig went over, became hung up

All of those pieces of fence in little trailer were abandoned, some had the idea they could keep cows and pigs out with a 2’ fence……..not hardly. Cows would knock over their feeders, fuuuck them all up.

When I get time I’m going to repair one feeder pen, some of fence has some bullet issues. Then sell fence and a pig gate. Maybe 2 pens and pig gates. I wouldn’t know what to ask for one. I have two pens and gates in East Texas now. I don’t need six pens and pig gates. I have 8 damn feeders I need to do something with.

Last edited by hanco; 03/01/24.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sorry about your lease. Seems to be more common, both having to lease and then things getting screwed up when the family patriarch or matriarch passes on. Glad we own our property

IC B2

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by duckster
Sorry about your lease. Seems to be more common, both having to lease and then things getting screwed up when the family patriarch or matriarch passes on. Glad we own our property

I wish I did.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Sorry to hear about your lease, a good friend had the same thing happen just a few days ago and is about to start retrieving stands and feeders. He’d been on the lease for over 30 years. I had it happen about 8 years ago but we only lost half of it.

Good luck and take care

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Georat
Sorry to hear about your lease, a good friend had the same thing happen just a few days ago and is about to start retrieving stands and feeders. He’d been on the lease for over 30 years. I had it happen about 8 years ago but we only lost half of it.

Good luck and take care

Thank you, all good things come to an end!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear your news. I’ve been through the same thing a couple of times. Once in Buffalo and another time outside Brady. Moving out is a lot of work.

Good luck finding another place in central Texas.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by Reloder28
East Texas? Not me. You could never be sure your stuff would be there when you return.

It can be as bad at the places I've hunted around
Pecos, Sweetwater, San Angelo, Freer, etc. etc.
A lot of people never notice that there's been
trespassing at their lease unless something is
missing they're looking for.
The one I hunted in Coke county had the oilfield
gaugers helping themselves to whatever game
they wanted since they had a gate key and knew
the place from one fence to another.
If you don't live on a place daily, I can guarantee
the neighbors all know when you come and go.
Many that hunt will trespass during the middle of
the week when you're not there. Many times it's
not the neighbors that pillage your goods, it's
their dopehead kids, or somebody that hunted
with them as their "guest "
One place I hunted, the lease "manager" that
handled the dealings with the land owner
had brought his brother-in-law for a Christmas
trip as a guest, and the brother-in-law just took
it upon hisself to come hunt whenever he
decided that he wanted to, and eventually
started bringing guests of his own even
though he wasn't a lease member.
Stuff happens everywhere, sometimes you
just don't see it happening

I have had the same problem with the guy with the grass lease on the same property. He would bring anybody he wanted out when he thought nobody would be there. They left fired brass in the stands, left deer dead around the feeders.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by hanco
When I get time I’m going to repair one feeder pen, some of fence has some bullet issues. Then sell fence and a pig gate. Maybe 2 pens and pig gates. I wouldn’t know what to ask for one. I have two pens and gates in East Texas now. I don’t need six pens and pig gates. I have 8 damn feeders I need to do something with.

IIRC I've got about $150 per panel(not counting my labor) in square tubing and hog panel @16' each. Saloon Gates @ Academy are +/ $200.

IIRC you have jack up feeders with winches, bails, barrels, timer units. I'd imagine you could get $300 each.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/03/24.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by geedubya

IIRC I've got about $150 per panel(not counting my labor) in square tubing and hog panel @16' each. Saloon Gates @ Academy are +/ $200.

IIRC you have jack up feeders with winches, bails, barrels, timer units. I'd imagine you could get $300 each.

ya!

GWB

I made my panels 8 feet, easier to handle. I’ve fixed the places that were bullet damaged. A dozen 8’ panels make a good size pen. I’ve sold two feeders for 400 apiece. Material for a feeder will kill 600.00

Last edited by hanco; 03/03/24.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Sorry to hear about your lease Hanco, it had some pretty nice hill country bucks on it too.
I'm gonna miss seeing those pics of all the dead hogs (and occasional aoudad), those always made me smile. Bet them damn hogs are glad you're gone though!

Best of luck on the new east texas place!

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Got lucky, sold one of my tower stands, might get all of my crap tomorrow, won’t have to go back. I gave away my old camper, won’t have to fool with it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Its a lot of work to hunt in Texas.

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I got it all today, hell of a way to spend your birthday

Last edited by hanco; 03/06/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by JakeM78
I'll stop hunting the day I can't get it done with boots on the ground. I can't imagine need all that crap to hunt.

I’ve given up on “permission” hunting after some disappointment with a fickle and fussy landowner. Leasing isn’t common around here, lots of farms are now held in family trusts or otherwise complicated with multiple players. There’s 1400 acres of public land 20 minutes from my home, and a lot more within an hour or two. I don’t have much trouble making meat during our long seasons, and often have no one else around to contend with, especially if I stay off the places the dog-walkers frequent. My stands were removed during a recent “renovation” by the DNR, but they had already earned their keep, and it saved me the work of hauling them out. Trees are out for me now ‘cause I don’t bounce so good, replaced by a 21” tripod stool and a $3 kneeling cushion. Saw more deer last year than ever, maybe because I wasn’t tied to fixed locations and was able to adjust to the wind.
We know a lot of farmer who grow corn and beans. They want the deer gone and are a bit flexible. But, everyone wants the money now. Pay for a lease or hit the road kind of thing. I have a renter who plants corn and beans and he is a one deer and done kind of guy. After he has his, he's not too picky about sharing the deer. I don't hunt deer anymore so I let friends and family do their part. I don't charge anyone a fee but I have more folks asking than what 48 acres can provide. If only the neighbors were so generous.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Most people don’t like others on their property

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Can you blame them?

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by mud_bogger

Can you blame them?

No, I do not

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,233 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,684
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.