-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't like the looks of any of this. Vista has been a mess with announcing possible spin offs, purchases, sales, and the firing of the CEO. Prior to the current announcement, it had all the hallmarks for private equity: raise debt, make acquisition, breakup company, make management richer.

Now we have , Mark C Gottfredson, a former board member (and Bain Capital team member) who quit the board in January and starts MNC Capital Partners in TX to make an offer now. I suspect MNC Capital Partners may be associated with MNC Capital out of Montreal. Trust me, he is not doing this because he is a big 2A guy or is concerned about your ability to buy ammo or components.

As gunzo points out above, they are THE major player in the US ammo market. They also own Alliant Powder.

I am more likely to trust a foreign ammo maker who wants to expand their footprint in the US market than a private equity firm who is typically only focused on the quick buck.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The more of the gun and ammo industry that moves out of damyankeeland the better. Phugg those azzoles with a dry corncob!

Just as long as they stay here in America. Every damned last one of them. Those that do not know or remember history are doomed to repeat it. I started reloading ammo in 1954 and although WW2 was long gone Korea was what was happening and had been for a while. Components were rather hard to get for a while. The shortages were bad enough back then but nowhere like today. Based on what I've read about WW2 and from people who were reloaders back then, just about everything was unobtainium. Ammo was literally non-existant. Ammo for .22 LR went mostly to farmers to protect crops from varmints and 30-30 ammo to rancher to protect cattle from predators. I did my first deer hunt in 1949 using my Great-grandfather's old M94 30-30. My dad had a bag full of milsurp 30-06 he'd swept up off the floor from broken boxes of ammo that was just swept off the docks into the bay. Too much time to salvage. Anyway, he gave it to one of the guys in the hunting party who said he's convert them into brass for his .270. That was four full years after the end of WW2. I can understand griping about not finding stuff but there was a time when literally nothing was available unless you had "connections."

Bullets from the various brands were hard to find. I probably ran more Sierra than anything else, not because they were better but I lived in California and they were still in California. Speer and Hornady were rare birds and hard to get so I used what was easily found. Powder wasn't cheap but one could get milsurp powders at low cost so a lot of H4896 went down the barrels of my 30-30 and 30-06 rifles.

Guess I learned back then to take advantage of any deal that came about and sometimes when it wasn't even a good deal. Today it's called hoarding. I still have a few boxes of bullets by Sierra with their California address with bullets to feed my .270. They shoot just as well today as they did the day I bought them. I don't shoot much anymore. A bad car wreck, heart attack and cancer have slowed me down a whole bunch. I'm just hoping that when I get through messing with all the damned doctors and their BS that I can get one last decent hunt under my belt before I go.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Vista Brands... Scroll all the way to the bottom.

Huge market portion.

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,076
Posts18,482,691
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.