Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
My barber sent me some pics of a pistol yesterday, it's a Nighthawk FireHawk double stack 9mm, sadly, seems kid is spending recently passed Mom and Dad's money, he fired it once and doesn't like it, barber has been cutting this kids hair since he was five, 30 years old now, it came with 12 new STI 20 round mags, plus i guess two factory 17 rounders, Nighthawk range bag filled with all the paperwork from the factory, including target and a fired case in a little ziplock with allen wrenches.

I found one on Gunsinternational, $5699, then, plus tax, shipping and FFL fee, not counting over a thousand bucks worth of mags, i haven't fired it yet, just got home a couple hours ago, have never felt a slide that smooth, don't know if i'll keep or sell, it sure is a sweet piece.

Any Nighthawk fans or foes out there?

Trump Won!
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm sorry but 9mm isn't your cartridge..I might be able to tolerate it if you can't shoot it though! laugh

It's well out of my league but I hope you got a deal on it and shoot the daylights out of it!

We Need Pictures and a range report!!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, that's the truth Colodog, closest i have to 9mm is a Colt LW Commander 38 Super, do have half a dozen P365's stashed about for Wife, if i decide to keep it i'll sure get pics and a range report, just in from shop, manually ran every 9mm hand load i have around here, 90gr lehighs, 115gr xtp and lehigh penetrators, 125gr Barnes hp's as well as 147 FMJ-FP's, fed them all slick as can be.

Yes Sir, i got a hell of a deal, so good i asked for original sales receipt when he asked for cash ; ] all good, thinking i may keep it, if so would need to find a really nice leather holster, i sure wasn't looking and didn't need it, but couldn't walk away.

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats on what sounds like a great deal!

Those things have called my name several times...I just haven't leaped yet.

A good friend has a thing for Nighthawks and owns several of them. They're as smooth or smoother than any 1911 or 2011 I've ever felt.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks RT, just ordered 500 147gr hi tek coated flat nosed hard cast bullets, for a one bullet do all load for everything i can't see why they wont work, they'll exit and shatter every bone they hit, will be looking for around 1125 fps over Longshot powder from this 5 inch pistol.

I'm like you, would have never spent that kind of money on a handgun, sounds like your good friend has found true love LOL!

I think this in going to be a hell of a fun pistol, Gunsmith told me yesterday the front sight is a real gold bead, things you learn.

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought one second hand at a good price. Mine is a Wilson CQB that was sent to Nighthawk for the Firehawk conversion and DLC finish. And it is a 45. It is as smooth as glass like you mentioned, and a joy to shoot at the range. My only recommendation is to be sure and keep the compensator oiled to prevent carbon buildup. The 9mm should be mucho fun.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500
My barber sent me some pics of a pistol yesterday, it's a Nighthawk FireHawk double stack 9mm, sadly, seems kid is spending recently passed Mom and Dad's money, he fired it once and doesn't like it, barber has been cutting this kids hair since he was five, 30 years old now, it came with 12 new STI 20 round mags, plus i guess two factory 17 rounders, Nighthawk range bag filled with all the paperwork from the factory, including target and a fired case in a little ziplock with allen wrenches.

I found one on Gunsinternational, $5699, then, plus tax, shipping and FFL fee, not counting over a thousand bucks worth of mags, i haven't fired it yet, just got home a couple hours ago, have never felt a slide that smooth, don't know if i'll keep or sell, it sure is a sweet piece.

Any Nighthawk fans or foes out there?

Expensive custom or semi-custom guns should be carefully selected with long-term use and ownership in mind. Mass-produced clunkers are for flipping.
I do not know about you, but I do not enjoy being "hosed".

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Gunner, When you're ready, I'm you're huckleberry

[Linked Image]

Updated with mammoth grips...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by mtnman1; 03/02/24.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
257H, sounds like you have a dandy, many thanks for the carbon tip, i'll keep her running clean.

I didn't get hosed slav

mtnman1, very nice, agreed, those Mammoth grips are beautiful, i've never shot anything like a Nighthawk, pure silk, lol, i'll keep that in mind.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
WOW, shot the pistol this morning, first round through the chrono i had to look at the pistol, thought i had a bad primer/powder, the thing recoils like a 22LR with 90gr Lehighs at 1430 fps.

Grabbed a sawhorse and shot with both wrists braced over the NH range bag at 20 yards, had to move rear sight a touch to the right and adjust poa, the 147 fmj's land right on top of the sight with pinwheel hold, that's great news as the coated 147 hard casts are out for delivery today.

Pacecars is going to throw up some pics in a bit, Thank you very much Sir.

I dont know what else to say, this pistol is WAY above my skill level which is next to nothing, it should belong to a sure nuff pistol hand, i'm just having fun, the 20 round mags will hold 21, the 17's hold 18.

Trump Won!
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Here are Jerry’s pics! Nice gun!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thank you kind Sir! cool

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
That's a beaut Gunner. Nice shootin', the more you shoot it the more you're gonna like it. I'm almost embarrassed to shoot mine after seeing the test targets that come outa Nighthawk. If a guy ain't happy with a group, he sure as hell can't blame the gun smile

Check out my new website

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks mtnman1, i agree, can't wait to build a load with the 147 coated flat nose hard cast bullets, i also saw the factory target and thought, NOT TODAY, or tomorrow in my case grin

i'm in trouble now, just ordered a very nice lined full elephant crossdraw holster from The Southern Trapper, Dane was very helpful, i didn't order it with my initials in case i have to box it all up and send to you some day ; ]

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Laughin', just let me know, but I suspect the more you shoot it, the more likely it is that I'll never see it. smile

Check out my new website

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What you got there, is a Numba One shootin' iron. Heckuva good grab there, brother Jerry.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, dang mtnman1, you may be right, especially after this morning. smile

Loaded some 147gr hi-tek coated hard cast for the chrono, after a bit of research last night used N105 powder to push them 1150 fps in new Starline nickel cases primed with CCi SPM primers, col 1.160"

Brass landed 4-7 feet off my right shoulder, primers looked great, maybe MacSagebrush or anyone else can weigh in that has pressure tested ammunition, also wondering if this load makes what i think i remember hearing as "major power factor?" maybe for hunting or bowling pin shoots, it should make a dandy woods carry load, iirc Lyman #2 alloy has a BHN of 16, these bullets are 18 BHN, dont believe i'll hurt 'em at 1150 fps, they should plow pretty deep and straight.

Really a fun, fun little pistol, cant wait for the new holster.

More pics on the way from Pacecars, Thanks again Sir.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
What you got there, is a Numba One shootin' iron. Heckuva good grab there, brother Jerry.

Many thanks Brother Tide, good to hear from you, hope you and yours are doing well my Friend.

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
not a Nighthawk , but I love my 9mm 1911.
I'm just slamming up with a Bul armory. 4.25 " model . Bul is the bottom in picture top is a Springfield EMP which now no longer resides with me..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]greenshot screen capture

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Last edited by pacecars; 03/05/24.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,497 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,191
Posts18,484,973
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.