Get over yourself.

NRA Patron
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
What ever happened to that "you'll do good here if" post?

Last edited by mjac; 03/03/24.

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
No Rugers should be allowed in the Classifieds

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by milespatton
I use a PC for posting on the campfire. I take pictures using my apple phone. I have absolutely no idea how to get pictures from one to the other. Lots of phone crap, I am a babe in the woods about. miles

This is a big stumbling block - let's work it out. I am in the same boat as you sir - I use my PC for 24HCF and my iPhone to take pics.

There are two major ways to get pictures from your iPhone to your PC.
1) You can email the pictures from your iPhone to your email account that you use on your PC, open your email on the PC, then save the pictures from the email message. To email yourself a picture from your iphone:
a)Open the picture on your phone and select the "share button" circled here:
b) That will bring up several ways to share the picture. The email account you have on your phone should appear among them. In my case, that's yahoo Mail. Select your email:

c) this should bring up your email with the picture already attached to it. Type your own email address into the "To:" window and hit send. Then you can open your email on your PC and save the picture from your email to your PC.

2) You can connect your iPhone to your PC and transfer the pictures using Windows File Explorer.
[If this sounds like greek to you, go to whatever you use to do internet searches and type in "Windows file explorer tutorial." You will get a lot of choices to watch videos on how to use File Explorer.]
a) Have your PC on and select the File-shaped icon to open explorer. Using the knowledge you just learned on the Explorer tutorial, make a file where you want to save the pictures from your iphone
b) Take your iPhone charging cable and plug the USB end into one of the USB ports on your PC. Make sure your iPhone is open and unlocked and plug it to the charger. When your PC recognizes it, it'll show up as a "drive" in Explorer. The first couple times you try this, your iPhone may show you a display asking if you should "Trust this Device." Say yes.
c) click on this drive and it'll open up the iPhone "Internal Storage" where all your pictures on your phone live. Click on that object.
d) The current iPhone software versions store your pictures in folders by year and month they were taken. Choose the year/month you took the desired pictures to save to your PC
e) Use your new-found knowledge of File Explorer to copy the desired pictures from your iPhone to the file you made for them on your PC.

And Bob's your Uncle. Next subject - how to take pictures from your PC and post them to 24HCF...

Cheers,
Rex

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I’m really interested in something I like pictures you can enlarge on your computer or tablet. I can’t see an item on a text well enough to know if I would purchase or not. I’m a boomer and figured out how to post pictures. Take some time and notes and figure it out. My 2 cents worth!!

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My goodness some are making the simple difficult. If you are using your iPhone for photos, simply post them to this site from your iPhone. It literally takes 15 seconds using postimage and eliminates a cumbersome step.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is how I use Postimage to post quality pics to 24HCF:

1) Go to Postimages.org on your web browser. Select the size shown here, then select "Choose Images."
2) Nagivagate to the pictures you want in Windows Explorer, select them and click Open at the lower right of the display (forgot to circle it for you here but I'm confident you can find it.)
3) The chosen images will upload to Postimages. Select the picture you want to post
4) Then right mouse click on the open image in Postimages, and select "copy image link."
5) now go to the post that you are writing on 24HCF. Put your cursor where you want that image to appear in your text. Select "Use Full Editor" on your post.
6) Click on the "insert image link" tab
7) Right mouse click in the URL window and select "paste.", then click OK.
8) the images you've selected will just look like this, until you select Preview Reply:
9) Then you be able to review your post and make sure the image and all else is as you want it:
10) Then select Post Rely and you're done.

Hope this helps everyone.

Cheers,
Rex

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Rex, that works, but you don’t need to do that. You’re making a three step process a ten step process.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Take picture. Go to postimage. Select image. Hotlink for forum. Paste. Done.

20 seconds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

20 seconds.
Happy to learn but not seeing that. I see the hotlink option. Are you saying paste it directly into the post?
Is there a daily limit to postimages or something? I may have burned through it making those tutorials.

Any help is appreciated

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And what you're describing seems no faster than what I already do - it's the same steps you're describing

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 160user
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Can't stop laffin'!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

20 seconds.
Happy to learn but not seeing that. I see the hotlink option. Are you saying paste it directly into the post?
Is there a daily limit to postimages or something? I may have burned through it making those tutorials.

Any help is appreciated

No limit. Yes, copy the hot link for forum and simply paste that into your post where you want the picture to appear.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rmb721
I am a BOOMER.

Since when did this become a bad thing? 🤔

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TRexF16
And what you're describing seems no faster than what I already do - it's the same steps you're describing

It cuts out half of your steps. At your number five you post the link into the thread and you are done.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 1badf350
Year 2024
Boomers:
“Can mail some polaroids to those interested.
Western Union, USPS money order or personal check only. Will ship 87 business days once check clears”

Hard to have much respect for or care too much about discussion anything with someone who bought into the Boomer train. Just another victim who was told by their mom and dad they were special and important. Pretty used to getting what he wants from home.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Jeffy D,

It is not a bad thing. Most boomers have a lot more going for them than the mutts making fun of boomers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
21 seconds including scrolling down to this post again.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Troutnut
21 seconds including scrolling down to this post again.

[Linked Image from media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Who would have thought a Ford driver would jumpstart an educational thread ??? LMAO
Rich

You know you might be facing your doom if all you get is a click when you are expecting a BOOM !
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

394 members (21, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 33 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,691
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.