Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My bud gets a call from his niece, asks "have you heard from my mother", his sister in law, close family usually talk or text daily.
So they drive over to her apt., enter calling her name. No answer. Niece finds her in bed semi catatonic, doesn't know who or where she is, who they are. Not on any meds., not alcohol, 53 ish, Didn't take the jab. No signs of stroke.

Hospital starts panel of tests, initially nothing jumping out. Running more. Suspecting something viral effecting frontal lobe, meningitis like.

Fri. .night fine, this sat . Morning.
Ideas?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Guessing.....Stroke?

Illegitimi non carborundum

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Fever? If viral she would have a good fever.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Not much to go off of. Perhaps a thyroid out of balance. Brazil nut a day may be worth a try. Silinium is the major benefit of the brazil nut. may wish to research this as a person can over do the brazil nut over time if eating too many. Proper Selenium balance is a fine line.

I am a huge believer in vitamin D3 in what the FDA may consider a mega dose. Unless a person is given the activated form of D3 the benefits can be extremely delayed as our body takes roughly 3 weeks to metabolize the D# to the useful form. If taking megadoses of D3 vitamin k2 becomes important to balance out calcification of the arteries. Worth your time to dig in and study this as well.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
]Nothing from vitals enough to point anywhere. No explanation for "possible viral frontal lobe" other than, no signs of BFT, and that's where short term memory is.

Was a long time smoker. Quit when husband died of cancer.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B2

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O.k. hope that works out for you. I know to many people that never ate a brazil nut in their life. They aren't the walking dead. Thank you though.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No thyroid issue . Zero maintenance meds.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
There are other sources of selenium such as shellfish as I recall.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My wife has exhibited similar symptoms twice since new year's. Semi-concious, nonresponsive at times, unable to walk, and major difficulty understanding simple instructions. Hospitalized both times for a few days, and spent 20 days in a rehab facility. She had three small strokes back in October, and a major urinary tract infection in January.

Doc found a very high calcium level in blood work last Friday- - - -more testing ongoing.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Definitely some freaky sh it going on. Big Pharma is using us like Guinea pigs.

Another bud of mine had his healthy 19 y/o niece wake up a quadriplegic . Weeks of testing , no answers, suspect meningitis that time too. Went on long enough that family accepted that this would be new normal, then as quick as it came, feeling came beck, PT and retraining and she's back. They still don't lnow or won't say what it was.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Must rule out active UTI.
Causes crazy things to happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
UTI for $500 please Alex.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RAM

Has she been administered any strong anti-inflammatory meds?

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Been told ZERO meds.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Blood, CBC, Chem. 7, urine good

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RAM

Another bud of mine had his healthy 19 y/o niece wake up a quadriplegic . Weeks of testing , no answers, suspect meningitis that time too. Went on long enough that family accepted that this would be new normal, then as quick as it came, feeling came beck, PT and retraining and she's back. They still don't lnow or won't say what it was.

Please explain how this is big pharma using us like guinea pigs.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RAM
Been told ZERO meds.

Perhaps she needs some.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
By creating unapproved "vaccines:" that will alter human DNA. For one..

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Possibly low sodium ? UTI ?

NRA Endowment Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by RAM

It’s a reflex.

I get it all the time.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Also rule out West Nile virus.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sugar, delirium?
My Father and FIL both had similar issues,no answers to be found.
Both snapped out of it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RAM
My bud gets a call from his niece, asks "have you heard from my mother", his sister in law, close family usually talk or text daily.
So they drive over to her apt., enter calling her name. No answer. Niece finds her in bed semi catatonic, doesn't know who or where she is, who they are. Not on any meds., not alcohol, 53 ish, Didn't take the jab. No signs of stroke.

Hospital starts panel of tests, initially nothing jumping out. Running more. Suspecting something viral effecting frontal lobe, meningitis like.

Fri. .night fine, this sat . Morning.
Ideas?

No idea... Good luck in that.

Bloodwork will obviously help.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RAM
Ideas?

Yeah……..(assuming she’s local)
Unless it’s heart related (Dartmouth) get her the [bleep] out of NH and into a real hospital.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
O.k. hope that works out for you. I know to many people that never ate a brazil nut in their life. They aren't the walking dead. Thank you though.

Well, they might have eaten a bunch of Brazil nuts but just didn't realize that "Brazil nut," was their official name. I grew up calling them what everyone else around me called them. It ain't hardly politically correct anymore. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by WTM45

life is a nurse at the nursing home and it's amazing what a UTI can cause.
I mean some of the crazy [bleep] people have done because of a UTI sounds more like a brain tumor sometimes

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Diabetes shock.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wife says maybe UTI, but 53ish is kinda young to suffer symptoms that severe, but ya never know. She also said could be meningitis ..

Basically I got nothing new for ya

Is she a diabetic, or just became one

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Huntz
Diabetes shock.
This

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Lots of things can cause what you describe but her glucose levels should be checked.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by RAM

Well, they might have eaten a bunch of Brazil nuts but just didn't realize that "Brazil nut," was their official name. I grew up calling them what everyone else around me called them. It ain't hardly politically correct anymore. grin

L.W.

My father still calls them that
laugh

When no one is around of course

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by RAM
Ideas?

Unless it’s heart related (Dartmouth) get her the [bleep] out of NH and into a real hospital.

George
Dartmouth is founded in N.H., CMC is #4 in the Country, for Hearts, Concord is well respected. SNH or St.Joes are nothing to sneeze at. And the rest of the N.E. has some of the finest Hospitals in the World. I don't think lack of quality care is a reason

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
Ideas?

George
Dartmouth is founded in N.H., CMC is #4 in the Country, for Hearts, Concord is well respected. SNH or St.Joes are nothing to sneeze at. And the rest of the N.E. has some of the finest Hospitals in the World. I don't think lack of quality care is a reason
I'm not sure who thinks highly of Concord, but they're welcome to go there. The same applies to CMC. Outside of Dart for heart, I'm going to Boston for anything that resembles a serious issue.

You're more than welcome to follow any path you choose, but I fully hold another 'well respected' hospital, along with CMC, responsible for my brother's misdiagnosis and death.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
Ideas?

George
I'm not sure who thinks highly of Concord, but they're welcome to go there. The same applies to CMC. Outside of Dart for heart, I'm going to Boston for anything that resembles a serious issue.

You're more than welcome to follow any path you choose, but I fully hold another 'well respected' hospital, along with CMC, responsible for my brother's misdiagnosis and death.

What a self centered egotistical douche' you must be

No disrespect bud, but I could give two [bleep] on your opinions of NH hospitals. Not what the thread is about. Youi wanna jaw on that, start your own thread.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just got a text update. Treating for encephalitis, no cause given, presuming meningitis related as that was mentioned earlier. Didn't say if viral or bacterial.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
🍐🍐

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM

L.W.

Never ate nii gg er toes also

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Niqqa toes mmmm

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

L.W.

That’s all my parents called them, I didn’t think anything was wrong with it. That’s what they were. MY sister in law had a fit when i said that. 🤷🤷🤷

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
Ideas?

George

No disrespect bud, but I could give two [bleep] on your opinions of NH hospitals. Not what the thread is about. Youi wanna jaw on that, start your own thread.

Laffin'
Send her, or yourself, wherever you want.
No disrespect, but I'll continue to offer whatever opinions and thoughts here that I wish without regard for your opinion or approval.

Carry on and, despite the above, I hoe she gets well soon.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM
Ideas?

George

Laffin'
Send her, or yourself, wherever you want.
No disrespect, but I'll continue to offer whatever opinions and thoughts here that I wish without regard for your opinion or approval.

Carry on and, despite the above, I hoe she gets well soon.
Thus proving you are a self centered douche'
You didn't even take the time to read.
Its a friends sister in law. I got no dog in the fight, and ain't sending anyone anywhere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Naybers boyfriends' cousint got a pretty runny case off the shtis. Anywon gota diegnoses?

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Cheez 😉

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prairs sent

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

L.W.

That’s all my parents called them, I didn’t think anything was wrong with it. That’s what they were. MY sister in law had a fit when i said that. 🤷🤷🤷
Heck, even the blacks I grew up with called them niqqa-toes.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Mom and dad wintered in AZ. Mom got Valley Fever one year. It was a bitch, but she got over it. 6 years later, shes bed-ridden, goofier than a loon. Called me saying there were monkeys on the bed wearing bunting - should she call the sheriff? Um, no mom. She was also talking to my deceased brother's picture like he was in the room. Then she'd have some moments of lucidity.

She had an 11 day hospital stay with complete work up. Couldn't figure it out. By happenstance a doc who's an ID i used to work with 20 years ago is doing rounds. I ask him what he's doing back up north as he had moved to AZ? He says just filling doing rounds making some $ while visiting his kids.

He looks at mom's chart and asks if shes been to AZ. He has the hospital do a tap and a fungal infection is found in her spine. By that time it had progressed too far for anti-fungals. It took her 6 weeks later. It was Valley Fever that reappeared and she hadn't been there in 5 years.

I'm not a doc, but the sx you describe could be literally anything. I would rule out dehydration, hypoglycemia, and UTI first. CT scan of the head and spinal tap after that. I would also get her to a level 1 teaching hospital to get as many eyes on her as possible.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Didn't read replies. Low blood glucose?

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by RAM
Been told ZERO meds.

Perhaps she needs some.

😳

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Lots of possibilities. They’ll figure it out. Let us know what they find. I’ll put my bet on drugs or psychiatric illness. Just a guess. Maybe somebody slipped her some GHB. I suppose best case would be uti & dehydration. Let’s hope for that.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Streptococcal

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Not much to go off of. Perhaps a thyroid out of balance. Brazil nut a day may be worth a try. Silinium is the major benefit of the brazil nut. may wish to research this as a person can over do the brazil nut over time if eating too many. Proper Selenium balance is a fine line.

I am a huge believer in vitamin D3 in what the FDA may consider a mega dose. Unless a person is given the activated form of D3 the benefits can be extremely delayed as our body takes roughly 3 weeks to metabolize the D# to the useful form. If taking megadoses of D3 vitamin k2 becomes important to balance out calcification of the arteries. Worth your time to dig in and study this as well.

This, and actually the MK-7 form of K2.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RAM

He's wrong. They are treating us like Dr Josef Mengele.

Early death saves the Govt lots of Medicare and SS bucks.

Now hush and get your jabs and eat margarine, fake cheese and cook in Canola oil.

You will probably like meatless weeks and fried bugs.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/03/24.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by RAM

L.W.

Well that answers a lot of our questions. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Now hush and get your jabs and eat margarine, fake cheese and cook in Canola oil.

Finally, a real armchair doctor to the rescue.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
good frind Bob the cobbler had a bwood cwot, th beetus, a clarck bar mite helPp

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Naybers boyfriends' cousint got a pretty runny case off the shtis. Anywon gota diegnoses?
Bud Light

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Day 3 No report yet today. . To answer some comments No change, no fever.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Pulse?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RAM

I’m really surprised nobody’s mentioned the clot shot…

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by RAM

I’m really surprised nobody’s mentioned the clot shot…
Did you read the OP

E
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by RAM

If we take a late retirement and an early death, we'll just squeak by.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, they are treating as Viral Encephalitis. Unknown source, possibly visiting family from out of town (not stay over, pop in say hi) sounds like BS to me.
If you are fighting a virus, you are going to have a fever. Blood work would show increased WCC.
She's coming around, knows who she is, and others, where she is. First request was a cigarette after almost 2 years quit.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Treatment continues for viral encephalitis, spinal tap, antibiotics and D1. Speech, physical and occupational therapy continues. Blood has been sent to an advanced Blood lab in (Ohio?) Mid west .

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RAM
Treatment continues for viral encephalitis, spinal tap, antibiotics and D1. Speech, physical and occupational therapy continues. Blood has been sent to an advanced Blood lab in (Ohio?) Mid west .

Thanks for the update

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Sounds like a schit show

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Bump

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Bump

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
btt

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Nothing back on advanced bloodwork. They got to know more then they are saying to continue with the Bubble Boy/ Outbreak containment.

Update when I get more.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I'm always amazed whtn people ask for medical diagnoses from strangers like on 24HCF. Ask her DOCTOR.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I'm always amazed whtn people ask for medical diagnoses from strangers like on 24HCF. Ask her DOCTOR.
Gee never thought of that! 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Please tell us you don't breed or vote.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, they sent her home, under the care of an RN.
No real diagnosis to explain anything 🤪 by no means back to normal.
I don't get how you go from Pandemic Suits to home with a nurse without any answers. Not seizure related, freaky.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RAM
Well, they sent her home, under the care of an RN.
No real diagnosis to explain anything 🤪 by no means back to normal.
I don't get how you go from Pandemic Suits to home with a nurse without any answers. Not seizure related, freaky.

Sorry for ya man, what’s your next step

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Lyme

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, this will probably end this thread. No change, no answers, still home w/ nurse , still therapy's , more blood work being done. Looking into psychosomatic. ! Really? Then why all the anti biotics and anti virals ? Why send blood to spl. Lab in mid west?
Doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know how family deals with the BS cuz I woulda been arrested for kicking someone's ass by now.

If this is any indication of Medical care in the U.S.; we are Canada ready.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Naybor's kin to Wabigloon?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
Well, this will probably end this thread. No change, no answers, still home w/ nurse , still therapy's , more blood work being done. Looking into psychosomatic. ! Really? Then why all the anti biotics and anti virals ? Why send blood to spl. Lab in mid west?
Doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know how family deals with the BS cuz I woulda been arrested for kicking someone's ass by now.

If this is any indication of Medical care in the U.S.; we are Canada ready.

Nobody cares, just another story of someone with health issues......so what ?

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
^^^This^^^
I found my MIL with the same symptoms, bundled her up, off to the hospital. Drs couldn,t find the cause of the symptoms and were prepping my MIL for a spinal tap, looking for Meningitis. The Mrs asked the RN if they had done a UTI test, she looked at the chart and said nope. Ran a UTI test and she had a raging UTI. Luckly it didn't cause sepsis.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SMalloy805
^^^This^^^
I found my MIL with the same symptoms, bundled her up, off to the hospital. Drs couldn,t find the cause of the symptoms and were prepping my MIL for a spinal tap, looking for Meningitis. The Mrs asked the RN if they had done a UTI test, she looked at the chart and said nope. Ran a UTI test and she had a raging UTI. Luckly it didn't cause sepsis.

That was previously ruled out. I posted these links because THIS is what they settled on.

God only knows what other things Biden let in this Country. He deserves a Traitors death after purification by pain.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thanks good friends.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
God only knows what other things Biden let in this Country. He deserves a Traitors death after purification by pain.

This is pretty important. Never know what all the illegals are sharing with us.

GOA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
It’s a reflex.

I get it all the time.
P

well deserved

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
just reading the first page.... Sounds like a Trans Ischemic Attack.. or mini stroke as some people call it.

I hope she recovers quickly....usually better than having a stroke...

Originally Posted by RAM

I worked for a year at the University of Washington Hospital in Seattle when I got off active duty in the Army at Ft Lewis WA.
I worked on the 8th Floor which was spinal cord rehab. We had about 40 patients and were always full. We had 5 or 6 patients during my time there, that had similar problems waking up Quadra or Paraplegic. It was psychosomatic in all but one case. They each recovered.

one patient I had was para, from being in a truck roll over up in Alaska. He was in the back of the truck when it rolled and was thrown. He was the only casualty from the accident. They couldn't do anything for him in Alaska, so he was sent to UW Hospital in Seattle. They guy was from Ireland, working on the pipeline up there.

Doctors tested him and did physical therapy on him for a year. One morning he got out of his bed and walked out into the hall way to ask Staff if he could have some more eggs for breakfast. One of the nurses was in shock, and said " oh my God you are WALKING" He was my patient, and I wasn't far away taking care of another one of my patients. He got this shocked look on his face, and then said " Oh my God, I am walking!" Then he passed out.

We discharged him a week later, and he walked out of the ward on his own two feet, even tho the hospital wanted to put him in a wheel Chair until he went thru the front door of the hospital. He wasn't have any of it.

Definitely was an interesting ward to work on. We were one of 10 Spinal Cord research centers in the entire USA at the time.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by plumbum
There are other sources of selenium such as shellfish as I recall.

Shellfish contain iodine. Iodine and selenium are both needed to support thyroid function.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No shortage of "Armchair Doctors" around here, got their M.D.'s right out of a Cracker Jack box.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

194 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 300_savage, 264mag, 204guy, 23 invisible), 14,354 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,963
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.