Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A buddy sent me these pictures. Another buddy thinks it might be a Remington 1894. Can anyone else confirm and add further info?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is an 1894... the only thing that has me wondering is if it is a trap gun? The rib seems high and kind of wide compared to the one in my hands right now. Could it possibly be a 10Ga?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My hesitation on trap gun is they were probably more decorated. I do not believe I have ever actually seen a trap grade so that is a WAG.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks just like my 1894. Mine has Damascus barrels in 12 gauge. Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
F
It's a model 1900 this one was made in 1901. They were mechanically the same as the 1894 but no engraving and the forend attaches with the spring instead of the button release. They are good reliable guns if in good condition.

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Frank is spot on. That is a model 1900. The serial numbers on 1900's start at 3,000 while 1894's start at 1,000.

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
My hesitation on trap gun is they were probably more decorated. I do not believe I have ever actually seen a trap grade so that is a WAG.
Remington did have a trap grade. It was the F grade with some scroll engraving on the receiver. They also made a handful of higher grades with more elaborate engraving as trap models.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That brings back memories. I found a 1894 Remington in 10 gauge in a nearby pawn shop many years ago. I had been reading Double Gun Journal magazines and always wanted a double barrel shotgun. The wife had a Dan LeFever 20 that belonged to her father. Her brother had carried it duck hunting years earlier in a nearby cypress brake; shot at some ducks and blown up the barrels. Dirt daubers had plugged up both barrels and he failed to check it beforehand. I was always on the lookout for barrels to fix it.

Anyway, I handled the gun and we agreed on a price of $200. I was to return the next day after going to the bank to make the purchase. When I returned, he renigged on the deal. Made me furious. Man’s word is supposed to count for something. To make it worse, his son had married my wife’s niece and they lived next door; not like we were total strangers. Never felt the same towards Butch again. I still don’t own a double barrel.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That brings back memories. I found a 1894 Remington in 10 gauge in a nearby pawn shop many years ago. I had been reading Double Gun Journal magazines and always wanted a double barrel shotgun. The wife had a Dan LeFever 20 that belonged to her father. Her brother had carried it duck hunting years earlier in a nearby cypress brake; shot at some ducks and blown up the barrels. Dirt daubers had plugged up both barrels and he failed to check it beforehand. I was always on the lookout for barrels to fix it.

Anyway, I handled the gun and we agreed on a price of $200. I was to return the next day after going to the bank to make the purchase. When I returned, he renigged on the deal. Made me furious. Man’s word is supposed to count for something. To make it worse, his son had married my wife’s niece and they lived next door; not like we were total strangers. Never felt the same towards Butch again. I still don’t own a double barrel.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 62 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,944
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.