Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Trying to decide between Italian or Miroku. Want a straight stock and around 20" barrel and something pretty close to original or as much so as anything these days. Local GS has a short rifle. I really hate the curved buttplate on the short rifle. Would prefer a 19" (or whatever they are) carbine with the more normal buttplate, but those don't seem prevalent. What to you lever aficionados recommend?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an Uberti short rifle in 45 colt. It has the curved butt stock. The only thing I wish was better on it is the trigger.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a miroku and I really like it. It has the checkered flat butt and very nice wood.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I've got one of the Uberti (Cimarron) short rifles in 45 Colt. I wish I'd gotten the carbine, because it's a bit muzzle heavy for my taste.

It is butter smooth, and the trigger is pretty good, but it took some futzing around to get it to shoot. It needs to be loaded pretty warm (by regular pressure 45 Colt standards) for accuracy; with lighter loads it's a bit of a buckshot flinger.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always used to poo-poo those, but I’ve come around. They are undoubtedly extremely handsome, and some new ones are strong enough for some pretty serious loads. The quality of the Mirokus and their good tiggers give them an edge IMO, but they suffer from spotty availability. I’d like a .357 short rifle with a tang sight for my old eyes. Doubt I’ll get it, but it’s simmering in the back of my mind…….

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
A Uberti can be turned into a high end CAS lever gun.

This carbine was sent to Pioneer Gun Works for action work, including short stroke. I got machined fancy walnut stock and forearm, fit, finished and had checkered. I installed a buckhorn rear.

I used case colored side plates for contrast, had my logo engraved. This one is about as slick and fast as any I've handled. It shows minor wear from usage, but is still pretty nice.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Drop dead pretty rifle, Dirtfarmer.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
P
PSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
imho, the Mirokus have always been fantastic rifles.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Drop dead pretty rifle, Dirtfarmer.
Thanks, Sarge,

And it shoots as good as it looks.

Fast, too.

DF

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Dirt,
That's a beautiful job you did in that and it really looks classy and not overly done!

Thanks for sharing,

HS 58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

This carbine was sent to Pioneer Gun Works for action work, including short stroke. I got machined fancy walnut stock and forearm, fit, finished and had checkered. I installed a buckhorn rear.

I used case colored side plates for contrast, had my logo engraved. This one is about as slick and fast as any I've handled. It shows minor wear from usage, but is still pretty nice.

DF

That's REALLY nice. I personally have no desire to shoot CAS but that looks like a great gun for it.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

That's REALLY nice. I personally have no desire to shoot CAS but that looks like a great gun for it.

That is pretty. Classy even.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Thanks, guys.

I no longer have an itch to shoot CAS, but that gun is a hoot to shoot. I was always proud to show up with it. It did get some attention.

And our closest CAS facility went away. I’d have to drive two hours, just not worth the effort.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Here's my pair of engraved Colt Gen 3 in .38 Spec with dead elephant grips. Nice companions to the 1873.

DF

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1234, 1minute, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,651
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.