Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Ship My Gun is a subsidiary of Bud's Gun Shop. I see very posts on here stating from time to time that it is $60+ to ship a gun and that is true if you use USPS priority mail.

Ship My Gun allows you as a a non-UPS account holder to use their corporate account by creating an account on their website. I have shipped 3 or 4 long guns in the last few months, across country all insured for $700 or more with packages weight between 13-15 lbs and non them were more than $37.

So if you are willing to accept a couple of extra days on delivery time and waiting between 6-24 to get your shipping label, it is a very good deal.

Just a Public Service Announcement.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
tag

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Sir.

Jim

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks for the info!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The issue I find is their measurements are pretty restrictive

its really good if its under 48in over 48 doesnt work
and only XX wide (I forgot the measurement) I emailed a rep there and it doesnt appear thy have options for that

Hank

here is their max

Box Size*: 48x9x7 Inch Max
Weight (lbs)*:
No more than 15lbs.
Optional shipping insurance available at a rate of $1 per $100 of declared value

Last edited by boatboy; 03/04/24.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Where do you drop off the gun?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You drop at a UPS company depot
you cant drop UPS store or places like that

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
The width measurements is 9" and the height is 7". I have been able to fit a long action rifle with 26 inch bbls just under the 48 in limit by making my own box.

Last edited by Mike_Dettorre; 03/04/24.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I use them. I'm happy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mikido
Where do you drop off the gun?

It's an online service that you print off the label and drop it off either USPS or UPS, they give you a statement regarding pre-printed labels for UPS are legal.

I've used them a few times without issues, but there's typically not many gun shops verified, others will be listed and if they're not verified it just takes a day or two longer to get your label. I've had to ask a few times after a couple days and get an immediate response.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
My experience has been very good. Even for FFLs that I have not been pre-verified which has been the case for every one I shipped, the longest I wait was 1 business day to get the label. That is over about 10 transactions.

Last edited by Mike_Dettorre; 03/04/24.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My only experience with them was one time. The seller of gun I bought wanted to use them to ship to my FFl. Unbeknownst to the seller or I was the fact my FFL was not among their preferred ship to group and the package, in their procession,remained unshipped for days.
Rather than them contacting the seller or me they tried to pursude (and I am being polite) my FFL into signing up with them.
The sale fell through and the seller had a hard getting his gun back.
Maybe this was a isolated event but beware. I won't use them, coming or going.
My FFl relationship is far more important to me than subjecting him to such tactics.

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
mjac,

Can you explain further - the package was sitting in whose possession? The process you described above does not sound like the current process.

As a seller, my package never leaves my possession until I receive the UPS label and then I take it to UPS and it is shipped to the destination FFL.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
mjac,

As a seller, my package never leaves my possession until I receive the UPS label and then I take it to UPS and it is shipped to the destination FFL.

Ditto

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The box length thing is not set in stone. I know that’s what it comes up as max when entering the shipping info but I’ve shipped a couple at 51” w/o a problem.

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement! 🥴
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Shipped more than two dozen with them and saved a substantial amount of money. Best way to ship for me.

Buy once, cry once.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tag

Rick Grimes for Governor
"This isn't a democracy anymore"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yes, they are legit. Thankfully, we can still use them...for now anyway.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The first time I used them, I had to call and clarify some concerns. That being the issue of preferred FFL's. When you put in the zip code to ship to, you'll see preferred and other FFL's listed.

I needed to ship to a listed FFL I called ShipMyGun to clarify shipping to the listed FFL. What they told me was, that if an FFL was listed, they had their license on file. I didn't have to pick one of the preferred FFL's. I sent it to the listed FFL my buyer wanted to use and it went smoothly and cheaper than USPS.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
mjac,

Can you explain further - the package was sitting in whose possession? The process you described above does not sound like the current process.

Again my experience as a buyer of an item being shipped to my FFl from SMG.

The seller received a UPS shipping label, printed it, then, at the direction of Ship My Gun, took the package to his hometown UPS hub. It never left the hub.
Much later and according to UPS, SMG ordered the shipment held until, presumably, while SMG bullied my FFl (a UPS account holder himself) into joining the SMG network. My FFL did not and the gun never was shipped.

What you do as a seller is your business. Myself as a seller will not use SMG.

Sour grapes? Maybe, but my experience nevertheless.

Clear enough?

"My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots" - MEJ 0311 1967.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,020 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,268
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.