Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I had a friend that "sold them" for a few months, I'm pretty sure that IT gave him an ULCER !!!!!!!

"not too grumpy"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Maintenance fees .

A sucker born every minute

Amazing people fall for these scams

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by oldwoody2
I had a friend that "sold them" for a few months, I'm pretty sure that IT gave him an ULCER !!!!!!!

Hell is gonna be worse than the ulcer.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by muleshoe
1. We never, ever, want a timeshare.
2. Branson, MO sucks.

Your first point is fact. Your second point is opinion.

There is a lot to like about the Branson area. Traveling down the strip during peak hours and not knowing what side roads to hit to get around the traffic is not something to like.

View from one of our condo's (not a timeshare), watching the fisheman float by on Lake Taneycomo chasing trout. I've pushed the 20" mark, would love to catch one of the 30+ pounders that have been recently caught in it. I think there was a 40+ pound brown caught last year.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Tight lines in the morning fog

Flatlanders catching pellet eaters...

Table Rock Lake is upstream about 2 miles, do some pleasure boating or crappie fishing on it.

As to timeshares----before we bought some condos for nightly rentals there, we would occasionally go stay at some timeshare places that were just trying to fill some rooms in the off season. Could get really good nightly rates there with some ammenities, better than hotels. One time wife succumbed to sit in on the timeshare presentation to get a free airline ticket anywhere in the country. I went out of curiousity. It was cringe worthy the tactics they tried using to get you to buy. Anybody with even a remote amount of critical thinking and some minimal math skills could see right through it all. They're nice to start, then get pushy, then get really pushy, then you tell them to F off and the guy leaves and his buddy comes in apologizing about how the other guy was, and that is not how they want to do business, but "what can we do to get you to buy". Uh, nothing?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We've got one and love it. Use it for one or two weeks every year.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nope, don’t own one

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’m a homebody got my own slice a heaven😉

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No one owns a timeshare; the timeshare owns them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wonderful things to pass on to your children if you hate them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
About the dumbest thing I've heard of if you can do simple math. I just returned from Belize, I wasn't bothered by a single timeshare pitch. I think Mexico is timeshare central, maybe the laws there??

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm amazed that J.G. Wentworth doesn't deal in them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We have a family cabin on a little lake that my siblings and I pay for. I don't want or need a timeshare. If I want to stay somewhere else I'll pay for a hotel.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
My wife likes to sign me up for the schpeel when we go to Cancun. I count the different ways of telling them no.

I suggest having fun with it, get the sales team to drink tequila shots while giving their pitch. Every no they elicit, everyone does a shot. Test their commitment.

Full disclosure, I have drank mas tequila in Mexico and have sat through the pitch. I just thought of mixing the two.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Morewood
We have a family cabin on a little lake that my siblings and I pay for. I don't want or need a timeshare. If I want to stay somewhere else I'll pay for a hotel.

Kinda the same here- we have a deer camp on acres. Need a weekend/week away? Go there. Was the way it was my whole life.

Me

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
The business is built on the concept that people simple minded enough to attend the presentation are good candidates for a really bad product.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Morewood

Yep. It's in the mountains of north Idaho.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I think maintenance fee's and other "fee's" can be increased at any time?

Yes, and you may also be subject to "special assessments" when the place needs a new roof etc.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
About the only business more corrupt then the timeshare industry is the "let us get you out of your timeshare" industry.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
If you really want a timeshare you don’t need to pay full price. I’ve been offered several for free but you have to pay some sort of processing fees which was around $1500 then if you do buy one the maintenance fees was $600 a year and that was 10 years ago. We have been to several just to get the free stays but I told the wife no more of them. If we want to go somewhere we will just pay up and avoid the 2 hours of sales pitches.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,775
Posts18,495,765
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.