Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Pure chaos on the roads! Over 100 traffic accidents in Boise; snow.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2024/...rly-100-traffic-accidents-in-boise-area/

Officials reopened the westbound lanes of Interstate 84 in the southeast Boise area at about 1:50 p.m. Monday, Aaron Snell, Idaho State Police spokesperson, told the Idaho Statesman.

The traffic lanes were closed between Mountain Home and Boise “due to multiple collisions,” the Idaho Transportation Department announced on social media at 10:16 a.m. Monday. Between 5 and 11 a.m., Idaho State Police responded to 28 crashes involving 63 vehicles, Snell said.

More than 20 additional vehicles that were not involved in those accidents were stuck between crash locations until the roadway was cleared, according to Snell.

The department said traffic was “diverted off I-84 at Exit 95.”

“ISP troopers & dispatchers continue working reported crashes on I-84 between Caldwell and Mountain Home,” Snell told the Statesman in an email. “Westbound I-84 is closed at milepost 90 due to multiple crashes at numerous locations. Multiple agencies are assisting. Use EXTREME caution if traveling!”

Snell confirmed that snow and weather conditions were the cause of most collisions after 2.1 inches of snow fell in the region. The snowfall led to a slippery Monday morning commute for some Treasure Valley drivers.

The Ada County Sheriff’s Office reported 81 crashes and 13 slide-offs between midnight and 9:30 a.m. The snow and ice mostly melted later in the day.

“Roads are slick now, but snow will melt off as the sun comes up this morning,” the National Weather Service in Boise posted on social media. “Take your time and stay safe.”

Sic Semper Tyrannis

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
California, Texas and Floriduh transplants. Pilgrams are the worst.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ok thanks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
28 crashes between 5 and 11 AM.

2.1" of snow.

Everyone in a hurry to get to work................but not smart enough to look at the forecast, so they just HAD to get to work on time.

One thing I learned years ago, I worry more about other folks driving in the snow than I worry about myself. Can't get in a winter weather related driving accident if one is not driving in winter weather.

I only worry on wet roads if Cow Creek is nearby.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
No insurance or ID either.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A 27 year old State Trooper was just rear ended by an illegal wetback with no drivers license, no insurance and driving a vehicle that was NOT registered to him….the wetback POS was traveling at speeds over a 100mph when he rear ended the Trooper. The Trooper died on scene and the wetback POS tried to run but only got a 100 yards or so before his leg injury forced him to give up.

This is only barely the beginning of the hell those scumbags are going to cause!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
But, think about the businesses that would be hurt..,

In her letter to State Senate President Warren Petersen, Gov. Hobbs said the bill "does not secure our border, will be harmful for communities and businesses in our state, and burdensome for law enforcement personnel and the state judicial system."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wait till the insurance rates go up on everybody to pay for the mayhem.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
dutch: I am certain "I" did everything I could to try and stave off this illegal invasion - but "I" am not at all certain "YOU" did enough to keep'em out!
Don't even try to blame me for china joe bidens horrific policies.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
A 27 year old State Trooper was just rear ended by an illegal wetback with no drivers license, no insurance and driving a vehicle that was NOT registered to him….the wetback POS was traveling at speeds over a 100mph when he rear ended the Trooper. The Trooper died on scene and the wetback POS tried to run but only got a 100 yards or so before his leg injury forced him to give up.

This is only barely the beginning of the hell those scumbags are going to cause!

GEEZ................

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I bet half were f ucking boomers saying "I've been driving in this for 40yrs"....right before they crashed lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
But, think about the businesses that would be hurt..,

In her letter to State Senate President Warren Petersen, Gov. Hobbs said the bill "does not secure our border, will be harmful for communities and businesses in our state, and burdensome for law enforcement personnel and the state judicial system."

She's a fkin liar.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I bet half were f ucking boomers saying "I've been driving in this for 40yrs"....right before they crashed lol

And the other half gen-x’rs and millennials that think because they are good at a video game they know how to drive…..

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Should have shot the bastard.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dutch
Over 100 traffic accidents in Boise.....

LoL.

Sully Sullenberger - "Whatever happens, don't forget to fly the plane."

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
All wheel drive isn’t all wheel stop.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
First thing pilgrims buy when they move here in Idaho is a jeep

GTG till the snow flies

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Those refugees from Holland just can't drive in the snow.

Bb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

And the other half gen-x’rs and millennials that think because they are good at a video game they know how to drive…..
Gotta wonder, with all them vehicles involved, how many included drivers that are......................................

off duty police???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 280shooter, 10gaugemag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 13 invisible), 1,627 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,997
Posts18,481,168
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.