Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by davidlea
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Three shots, 10x

Great shooting! Those bullets make us all good marksmen.

I would never not be happy with that.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Good shooting, David!

Pat's a beautiful human - big heart, always willing to provide counsel, and, like many of us, his tolerance for bullszhit, ego and grandstanding is quite low.

Originally Posted by AFraser
Has anyone heard from him recently?

Yes. He's doing well and the coyotes in NE Montana continue to live in fear.

That's good to hear.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yep Pat is well he just doesn't post here anymore

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Three shots, 10x

Great shooting! Those bullets make us all good marksmen.

I would never not be happy with that.

Thanks! Factory rifle with a RB trigger and I bedded it. These LTR's shoot..

Golden............
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I like to believe if he was around I might get a nod on where I've landed with my LTR in .308. After years in the original stock with a NF 5.5-22x50 I have-thanks largely from Pat's influence-it is restocked in a McMillan Game Scout and wearing a S&B PMII 10X. Thanks Scenar Shooter...

That's some good shooting David. Nice looking rig - don't set it down and walk away, you might not find it again! It sure would blend in with the sagebrush here around me.

What's the weight of that 10X? Ever feel like you wanted less power?

I didn't know Pat was a fan of McMillan stocks? I know he has used Manners. I did see some comments about Manners inletting, but I just stocked two rifles with Manners and the fit and feel is awesome! That said, the Game Scout and a couple other McMillan stocks are for sure, good looking and appear to be well designed.

Pat has been very gracious with his time and sharing of his expertise. Great guy to the core. His influence surely didn't lead you astray in the wrong direction. I've been loading 139 Scenars in my Creedmoor and it's been three, one-shot kills. Axis buck, antelope, and a mulie. No complaints here <grin>

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I miss Pat..

Pat don't miss..

Pat was very helpful to me when I had a question years ago. I'm not a 10x PMII user, but the 6x PMII is by far my favorite scope.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Akbob5
I like to believe if he was around I might get a nod on where I've landed with my LTR in .308. After years in the original stock with a NF 5.5-22x50 I have-thanks largely from Pat's influence-it is restocked in a McMillan Game Scout and wearing a S&B PMII 10X. Thanks Scenar Shooter...

That's some good shooting David. Nice looking rig - don't set it down and walk away, you might not find it again! It sure would blend in with the sagebrush here around me.

I didn't know Pat was a fan of McMillan stocks? I know he has used Manners. I did see some comments about Manners inletting, but I just stocked two rifles with Manners and the fit and feel is awesome! That said, the Game Scout and a couple other McMillan stocks are for sure, good looking and appear to be well designed.

Pat has been very gracious with his time and sharing of his expertise. Great guy to the core. His influence surely didn't lead you astray in the wrong direction. I've been loading 139 Scenars in my Creedmoor and it's been three, one-shot kills. Axis buck, antelope, and a mulie. No complaints here <grin>

The S&B weighs 21oz, the NF was 32 For all practical purposes the 10x is the sweet spot for me (even though I am fond of magnification) plenty of field of view. So, for this setup where most shots while hunting will be under 500 yds, I have no problem. I have run several fixed 10x-the SWFA was my starter. I learned some things from that, a very usable and once very affordable scope but I could never get behind the ergos.

Golden............
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I understand how he feels, however, one must pick out the posts one wants to engage.

He has the azzhatz down for sure.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by cisco1
I understand how he feels, however, one must pick out the posts one wants to engage.

He has the azzhatz down for sure.
I’m very selective on post that I want to engage in. It’s amazing how many AZZHOLES are Out there. I don’t blame him one bit, I used to love reading his posts, definitely one of the good guys definitely one of the knowledgeable guys. There still on here, but not as many as they used to be.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Akbob5

The S&B weighs 21oz, the NF was 32 For all practical purposes the 10x is the sweet spot for me (even though I am fond of magnification) plenty of field of view. So, for this setup where most shots while hunting will be under 500 yds, I have no problem. I have run several fixed 10x-the SWFA was my starter. I learned some things from that, a very usable and once very affordable scope but I could never get behind the ergos.

Thanks for that. I probably could get by just fine, but I have to say, I guess I am just chicken, afraid one of those one in a million situations will arise and I will miss a shot at the trophy of a lifetime. I've moved to primarily Trijicon FFP Ten Mile scopes. The exception is a SFP Credo on my 300 Wby and a couple of NXS 2.5-10s on a couple lighter weight rifles, that I still wanted a reliable, no BS scope on.

Of course the short answer for just about any scope or rifle is to shoot it enough to be intimately familiar with it so whatever you do is second nature, no different than working the controls (lights, wipers, etc.) on your vehicle.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
i do read his post but never had the time to work with him

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,176
Posts18,484,670
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.