Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Sweets Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Would anyone here be interested in a dedicated REMINGTON forum? Want to know how much interest is out there. I know there's a ton of knowledgeable people on the fire and I think it would be a great place for all the remington fans to hang out and learn and share what they know to others.

GB1

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I would visit it. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I would visit it. 😊
Ditto

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not for me particularly. There's nothing preventing Remington people from talking in various forums already. Same with say.... Ruger or bear hunting.

I get why Savage and Winchester have their own sub-forum for collecting. Very ardent group of collectors going over the minutia of rifles that aren't as prolific as say Remington's 5 million plus 700's.

All it does is string out postings on the fire and makes each forum 80% dead instead of 1 forum fairly busy (Hunting Rifles).

If Rick hangs one - great, if not - wouldn't be surprised. The same as I'm not surprised the Ruger forum hasn't shown up yet. Or the Bear Hunting forum. Or an NFA forum, which IMO has a better case for being made as it doesn't naturally align under any other forum like various rifle manufacturers of super common rifles do.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Of all the arms I have, I had to think, and finally remembered that I have one Remington... A 20ga youth 870 I got for my wife years ago.

You'd think I'd own more Remingtons, but somehow they keep eluding me. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Perhaps, but more-importantly we need a Weatherby forum where God's favorite people can congregate electronically.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Perhaps, but more-importantly we need a Weatherby forum where God's favorite people can congregate electronically.

Weatherby gets an entire month on the calendar for celebration. June. wink

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remington still exists?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Not for me particularly. There's nothing preventing Remington people from talking in various forums already. Same with say.... Ruger or bear hunting.

I get why Savage and Winchester have their own sub-forum for collecting. Very ardent group of collectors going over the minutia of rifles that aren't as prolific as say Remington's 5 million plus 700's.

All it does is string out postings on the fire and makes each forum 80% dead instead of 1 forum fairly busy (Hunting Rifles).

If Rick hangs one - great, if not - wouldn't be surprised. The same as I'm not surprised the Ruger forum hasn't shown up yet. Or the Bear Hunting forum. Or an NFA forum, which IMO has a better case for being made as it doesn't naturally align under any other forum like various rifle manufacturers of super common rifles do.
It's almost like we need a forum, for asking for new forums.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

That already exists.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, apparently every forum serves that function.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Yes! And we likely need a forum for discussing whether even asking about creating a new forum is appropriate.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The clouds parted, and behold, a sound like trumpets came from on high, and a bright light was seen by all that inhabit the land, and the angel descended from heaven on a white horse. He carried on his steed a Weatherby, for he came not to reconcile, but to conquer and rule with an iron rod.

And it was so sayeth the Lord.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If there's a 16 gauge forum there definitely oughta be Remington, Ruger, and Bear Hunting forums. I mean really, a 16 gauge forum? LOL

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2

If there's a 16 gauge forum there definitely oughta be Remington, Ruger, and Bear Hunting forums. I mean really, a 16 gauge forum? LOL

Note - the 16 gauge forum isn't specific to one maker but a niche of the hunting community. Which is why we have a "Hunting Rifles" forum and not a forum for every manufacturer under the sun.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Weatherby gets an entire month on the calendar for celebration. June. wink

I get that, given that June is National Weatherby Month, but I think Weatherby should get, at least, 110 days of formal national attention per year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The clouds parted, and behold, a sound like trumpets came from on high, and a bright light was seen by all that inhabit the land, and the angel descended from heaven on a white horse. He carried on his steed a Weatherby, for he came not to reconcile, but to conquer and rule with an iron rod.

And it was so sayeth the Lord.

Exactly!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nah

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Only if it replaces the Savage forum

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Note - the 16 gauge forum isn't specific to one maker but a niche of the hunting community. Which is why we have a "Hunting Rifles" forum and not a forum for every manufacturer under the sun.

Or as a recent post in the Savage Collectors Forum noted a new ‘405 Winchester Aficionado’ Forum in the Lever Action Central category?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (160user, 35, 12344mag, 44mc, 2UP, 21, 22 invisible), 1,126 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,211
Posts18,524,286
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.