-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just looking through the existing forums I see a number with small totals of threads and replies. There is s new one I hadn't seen before - '.405 Winchester Aficionados', I would think a Remington one would have a lot more activity than that one ever will! Remington would be one I would watch.

Attached Images
Renington pistols 3.JPG (31.13 KB, 224 downloads)

Gene
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A dedicated 14/141 forum would give me a place to ask about my wild-hair idea of converting one to 250 Savage..,

..Flame suits are like racing leathers, I can sew on any sponsors
name patch I want

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Anyone planning on picking up the ball and running with a new Remington Forum?
As Rick99 indicated a few individuals simply expressing an interest won’t get it done, it’s going to take an organized effort.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I wish I had the gumption to run with something like this but my role has been to block or provide protection for the ball carrier. Or, to be the guy tackling him.

That said, today I bought a Model 14 in 30 Rem. Serial number and date code has it being made in 1926. What sold me on it (besides price and condition) was the receiver sight. That alone is probably 1/3 the value of what I paid. I'll take it with to the range tomorrow, it will be a busy day with 5 rifles.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Anyone planning on picking up the ball and running with a new Remington Forum?
As Rick99 indicated a few individuals simply expressing an interest won’t get it done, it’s going to take an organized effort.

What is involved with picking up the ball? I'm willing to do my share. Anyone else? Would really love to see a forum for ALL Remington models,not just a select few. I think that would die fast.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rick99
Copilot
Certainly! If you’re interested in Remington firearms and want to connect with fellow enthusiasts, I recommend checking out the Remington Society. It’s an organization dedicated to the study of Remington firearms. Here are some details about the Remington Society forum:

Forum Name: Remington Society
Description: A place where Remington collectors and enthusiasts gather to discuss various topics related to Remington firearms.
Topics of Discussion:
General Comments or Discussion: Engage in conversations about Remington firearms, history, and related topics.
Remington Handguns: Explore discussions about pre-1899 and post-1898 Remington pistols.
Remington Rifles: Dive into topics related to pre-1899 and post-1898 Remington rifles.
Remington Shotguns: Connect with others interested in pre-1899 and post-1898 Remington shotguns.
Remington Knives: Learn about Remington knives and their production.
Remington Advertising: Discuss Remington advertisements and promotional materials.
Items For Sale and Wanted to Buy: Buy, sell, or trade Remington items.
Guestbook: You can also sign the guestbook and connect with other Remington enthusiasts.
Feel free to explore the Remington Society forum and engage in discussions with fellow collectors! 🌟🔫🔍
The Remington Society looks like the place to be.

Remington Society

"Every day above ground is a good day."
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Originally Posted by Rick99
Copilot
Certainly! If you’re interested in Remington firearms and want to connect with fellow enthusiasts, I recommend checking out the Remington Society. It’s an organization dedicated to the study of Remington firearms. Here are some details about the Remington Society forum:

Forum Name: Remington Society
Description: A place where Remington collectors and enthusiasts gather to discuss various topics related to Remington firearms.
Topics of Discussion:
General Comments or Discussion: Engage in conversations about Remington firearms, history, and related topics.
Remington Handguns: Explore discussions about pre-1899 and post-1898 Remington pistols.
Remington Rifles: Dive into topics related to pre-1899 and post-1898 Remington rifles.
Remington Shotguns: Connect with others interested in pre-1899 and post-1898 Remington shotguns.
Remington Knives: Learn about Remington knives and their production.
Remington Advertising: Discuss Remington advertisements and promotional materials.
Items For Sale and Wanted to Buy: Buy, sell, or trade Remington items.
Guestbook: You can also sign the guestbook and connect with other Remington enthusiasts.
Feel free to explore the Remington Society forum and engage in discussions with fellow collectors! 🌟🔫🔍
The Remington Society looks like the place to be.

Remington Society

Not really, it’s not what it could be.
Not a lot of traffic and even less regular posters.
Frequently no posts in many of the Forums for days or even weeks at a time.
Certainly can’t compare to our own Savage Collectors Forum or The Savage 99 Club on Facebook
IMO a Forum here on the ‘fire would be much more timely and relevant with far more traffic
That said, I’ve been an RSA member for more than 10 years and visit the site regularly.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It really does not take much to keep a forum going if a group of you will just check in regularly and post something...ask , answer, post a photo, etc. You have done so with this thread I think you could with a forum. Just go do it.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Only two Remingtons I'm remotely interested in are the model 600 and 121. Otherwise, meh.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a 14 in .30 REM. The breech block is a machinist's work of art. Beautiful handling rifle for sure. The bolt release button in the block does the job, but it is hard on the thumb.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
IC B3

I
iskra Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
The thumb release mechanism was a relatively early interim-era feature of the Remington Model 14 breech block. They were considered a collector variation worth a premium. I had opportunities to acquire them periodically. But as noted, they weren't practical and I bypassed for that reason. So the good news, your specimen is probably more valuable... If less convenient! smile As I've "opined" before. The Rem Models 14 & 141 are the Swiss Watches of gunmaking art! The downside was bit of clumsiness & inconvenience!

///

RE REMINGTON FORUM.
!. Perhaps someone with sufficient stripes to poll in each of the the various Forums concerning Members' interest/participation in such an endeavour. Recruit from our own! Beyond, either to make the venture happen & and see who comes, or just abandon ship!

2. We'd need modern Remington Bolt Gun expertise, Rifles from 700 series forward. 'Perhaps', Rem shotguns too! 4. Legitimate questions should never go unanswered. It is OK to say I don't know, but there shouldn't be a void of silence.

3. Last, the delicate matter of Fire Forums "decorum". Very much of Administrators who condone rough and tumble including personal character attacks. One matter to accept "personal attacks" here as the 'Toll' for participation. I can do that. Yet, quite another to recruit outside experts. "Gentlemen" of whom I'd feel wouldn't be willing to subject themselves to attack for sake of participation.
Just my take
Good Luck!
John

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The bolt release has been the same, however early 14s had a "thumbnail safety" on the bolt forward of the release button.

RE Reminton Forum (Fans)
I don't think it's going to bring that many more into the 24HCF, but it's a great place for folks already on here! It's a one stop shop for a lot of my interests........Winchesters, Savages and now Remington without having to log in on different websites. Excellent!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Glad to see this on the Fire.

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thank you Rickbin!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is a 30 Rem. that is on the market
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Remington has its share of aficionados and collectors so this is very welcome - thank you!!

PennDog

p.s. guess I’ll add that all the early Remington pumps are among my favorite rifles - I have several specimens including Models 12, 14, 14 1/2, 25 and 141s - engineering marvels and slicker than “snot on a door knob” (as my father used to say)! I’ve felt fewer guns (if any) slicker than the Model 31!!!!

Last edited by PennDog; 03/07/24.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,660
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.