Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I do not believe that any scope manufacturer, physically beats and Torture tests every single scope that comes off the production line,

Not happening.

If that was the case, several hundred owners wouldn't have had to send their NF 15-55's back because they wouldn't track, hold zero or a combination of both. They've corrected the issue and that model has become very reliable. cool

Not a knock on NF as I like their stuff...just a reality check on a $2K scope 'oopsie'.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
GB1

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Note that Leupold's add about testing on 'The Punisher' says: "Each scope design wink is tested...".

Good shootin' -Al

That was the way I interpreted the statement too…

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
K
K
I do not believe that any scope manufacturer, physically beats and Torture tests every single scope that comes off the production line,

Not happening.

https://exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/375

About the 15 min mark they explain that every scope is ran through that test in the video I posted earlier before it's put in the package.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keeseckb

Not happening.

https://exomtngear.com/blogs/podcast/375

About the 15 min mark they explain that every scope is ran through that test in the video I posted earlier before it's put in the package.

Currently listening to that podcast, thanks for the link.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks for the link!

IC B2

X
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
X
So much for marketing gimmicks I’m guessing. Not a huge NF guy but to to think they haven’t earned their place is laughable.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
From people who actually shoot, a survey.
Keep in mind a couple things:
1) They may actually own more than one sample of the scope they reported.
2) These scopes are all something like a 4x or a 1-4x.
3) This is a survey of HP shooters, so the knobs get twisted constantly.

Looks to me like March is a champ, along with Sightron and... Gasp! "Reupold". laugh

You only get info like this from real shooters, not from guys who can't even set up an AR scope and shoot VW Microbus-sized rocks off a backpack.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Looks to me like March is a champ, along with Sightron and... Gasp! "Reupold". laugh

You only get info like this from real shooters, not from guys who can't even set up an AR scope and shoot VW Microbus-sized rocks off a backpack.

It's small so bear with me. If # returned is inside the number used - based on percentages, I show 33 Leupold scopes used with 7 going back for a return rate of what? 21%?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the 12 plus years on the line at Ridgway.
1000 yard silhouette.
.I've never heard of one NSX going back for repair.
Or a March for that matter.
There's a lot more NSXs on the line than March .
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you have to solicit charts and quote others,you simply don’t shoot much. I’ve hundreds of scopes and extrapolations come easily. Sadly Reupold’s cheese has slid of their cracker. My newest $2000 Reupld MK5 HD is an incredibly epic piece of fhuqking schit. Hint.

Just sayin’…………

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
If you have to solicit charts and quote others,you simply don’t shoot much. I’ve hundreds of scopes and extrapolations come easily. Sadly Reupold’s cheese has slid of their cracker. My newest $2000 Reupld MK5 HD is an incredibly epic piece of fhuqking schit. Hint.

Just sayin’…………
That is so much BS. I've shot a lot of the crap scopes you so champion. And they were... crap!

I think the Athlon I had lasted about 1 week before I sent it back. It wasn't even worth asking for a repair. Refund only.

Last edited by Tyrone; 03/07/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Tyrone

It's small so bear with me. If # returned is inside the number used - based on percentages, I show 33 Leupold scopes used with 7 going back for a return rate of what? 21%?
The Mark AR throws those numbers. I think a lot of those went back for reticle &/or turret replacements. Not really repair, but customization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon wares that exist and the Facts associated,as you Pretend aloud with your GoogleFu. Hint.

How many times a day,do you think about me? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………….

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
March scopes are essentially handbuilt. While anything can and does occasionally break, March scopes are built to a very high standard. Now, they have their own schtick in that they tend to (most of the time) go for fairly complicated designs that are light and/or short for what they are. However, the build quality is quite exceptional.

One interesting tidbit is that the engineering team at LOW that worked on the designs that made Nightforce's reputation (NXS, mostly) at some point left and started Deon Optical (that's March). They had an idea of the riflescope line to make that was not appropriate for LOW's OEM model, so they started their own shop.

ILya

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by koshkin
They seem to be falling a little behind on product development at the moment. Hopefully, they will start releasing something new soon or they will Leupold themselves into a tricky situation.

ILya

Snipped your post down just to address this point.

Many simply don't understand the volume of scopes Leupold sells. When a company sells everything it can produce before it is produced on has to wonder what more can be done so using "Leupold" as a verb is sort of strange in that context.

Leupold just released the new MK 4 line which has met with, litterally, unprecedented demand. Off the charts level of demand.

I get that it's sort of a hobby here to be against the biggest player in the scope market but to act like Leupold is behind in inovation is simply silly.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
They seem to be falling a little behind on product development at the moment. Hopefully, they will start releasing something new soon or they will Leupold themselves into a tricky situation.

ILya

Many simply don't understand the volume of scopes Leupold sells. When a company sells everything it can produce before it is produced on has to wonder what more can be done so using "Leupold" as a verb is sort of strange in that context.

Leupold just released the new MK 4 line which has met with, litterally, unprecedented demand. Off the charts level of demand.

I get that it's sort of a hobby here to be against the biggest player in the scope market but to act like Leupold is behind in inovation is simply silly.

To be fair tho - demand isn't a measurement for innovation.

Tacomas have very high demand but they are NOT innovative. Push rod v6 with low hp/tq and fuel mileage, manual trans, body on frame etc. High demand, well behind the curve in innovation. People buy them IN SPITE of this.

That said - end of the day a scope has 1 maybe 2 jobs - ensure the bullet goes where you intend it via the crosshairs. Outside of clarity and robustness, what else can/should be improved in a riflescope as we currently know it? Automatic ranging maybe?

Me

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

ILya

To be fair tho - demand isn't a measurement for innovation.

Tacomas have very high demand but they are NOT innovative. Push rod v6 with low hp/tq and fuel mileage, manual trans, body on frame etc. High demand, well behind the curve in innovation. People buy them IN SPITE of this.

That said - end of the day a scope has 1 maybe 2 jobs - ensure the bullet goes where you intend it via the crosshairs. Outside of clarity and robustness, what else can/should be improved in a riflescope as we currently know it? Automatic ranging maybe?

Exactly. Innovation is way down the list when I’m scope shopping. A simple job doesn’t need much innovation, it needs reliability.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
March scopes are essentially handbuilt. While anything can and does occasionally break, March scopes are built to a very high standard. Now, they have their own schtick in that they tend to (most of the time) go for fairly complicated designs that are light and/or short for what they are. However, the build quality is quite exceptional.

One interesting tidbit is that the engineering team at LOW that worked on the designs that made Nightforce's reputation (NXS, mostly) at some point left and started Deon Optical (that's March). They had an idea of the riflescope line to make that was not appropriate for LOW's OEM model, so they started their own shop.

ILya
I tried to make a March work on a hunting gun. Really impressive craftsmanship. But in the end, compact tubes and high zoom ratios just don’t marry well. If they’d drop the high zoom Schtick, made normal 3-5x erectors, and had US based service, I’d sell every scope I owned and would back up the truck.

As an aside, they also happen to do side impact/collimator tests and show it too.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 03/07/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reupold is sooooo fhuqked up,they fixed the erector in my Spotting Scope. Hint.

Their flagship MK5 HD will arrange 2” 50yd “groups” on a World Class Rimfire. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………….

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

ILya
I tried to make a March work on a hunting gun. Really impressive craftsmanship. But in the end, compact tubes and high zoom ratios just don’t marry well. If they’d drop the high zoom Schtick, made normal 3-5x erectors, and had US based service, I’d sell every scope I owned and would back up the truck.

As an aside, they also happen to do side impact/collimator tests and show it too.

The only March I've been interested in - one for High Power/Service Rifle. I don't know anything about them but that scope's pretty specialized and might be different than what you're saying. I haven't bought the scope for the rifle yet, on the roadmap but was March or Nightforce.

Me

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,288
Posts18,486,906
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.